Your total nerd moment as a gamer

Divine-Devil

Aug 29, 2008
Looking at my played time on my main avatar in WoW. It was freaking big, around 15 days or something. I've been off WoW for about 8 months, but I'm looking back into playing it again, whilst restricting all the time I give it. Still fun.

Chimp

Sep 5, 2008
Mnemophage post=9.70892.707625 said:
Went as Princess Peach to school for Halloween. Mind you I was 12, though I'm not sure if that excused me.
Slightly, IF you're female. If you're male however...

My nerdiest moment must've been when I played Farcry during one evening. It was totally dark and watching Alien as a teenager has given me a slight phobia for crawling in ventilation systems. I explore one of these dark vents with my flashlight, that happens to be shaped like a Z, with a dead end in it. I turn around and - obviously - one of those frigging mutant gorillas comes charging at me. The bastard had tracked me. I scream out loud in my little student room and blasts away with my machine gun, emptying the clip. As I exhale, another frigging gorilla comes charging around the corner. I scream out even louder, as I haven't reloaded yet. I panick and quickly presses quickload.

Now, the reason why this fealt very nerdy was I had forgotten to close the door to my room. It was more than one in the student corridor who was wondering wtf was going on. Awkward.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
My love of video game music.

Back in the NES days, I pushed my stereo up close to the TV to record some of the good music. I had to demand silence from my niece and nephew, else I had to restart the tape. My niece used to make fun of me for that - but I think it is what developed my taste in music towards electronic/techno type stuff.

I could name just about any NES game by the music.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Divine-Devil post=9.70892.707690 said:
Looking at my played time on my main avatar in WoW. It was freaking big, around 15 days or something. I've been off WoW for about 8 months, but I'm looking back into playing it again, whilst restricting all the time I give it. Still fun.
Amateur. I had almost a month of real time clocked.

... I made myself sad.

divine-omen

Sep 2, 2008
when i played super smash bros. melee for god only knows how long to unlock mewtwo so i could just prove my friends wrong and laugh in their faces saying mewtwo is in it

oh jesus crist it seems worse than i thought before ok time to find myself some expensive rope to hang myself as cheap rope snaps and gives u a nasty headache

(just so u know last part was a joke with the whole suicide thing)

Necrith post=9.70892.707626 said:
catching Zapdos in pekomon red
Booting my ps2 for the 1st time, and going " oooooee "
Unlocking Supersonic and telling every one.
explaning why i had 180 hours of game play in FF VII to a none gamer
also that would be fun to explain but try over 300 hrs on ffx on one game because i insisted on getting them all maxed out with every thing possible then ffx-2 came out i tried tht and about 2 hrs in i was wtf no wonder they neva made sequals for FF before this

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
lets see, i was playing online with some friends, when a new guy came to the server. he kept complaining that he was getting lag horribly and his ping was pretty. after talking to him i found out that he didnt have the graphics card he needed to run the game at as high of a setting as he was doing.so i gave him tips on what to turn up /down/off to get better performance. all my friends just stared at me for a minute and had their jaws hanging open.

divine-omen

Sep 2, 2008
Shadowtek post=9.70892.707975 said:
lets see, i was playing online with some friends, when a new guy came to the server. he kept complaining that he was getting lag horribly and his ping was pretty. after talking to him i found out that he didnt have the graphics card he needed to run the game at as high of a setting as he was doing.so i gave him tips on what to turn up /down/off to get better performance. all my friends just stared at me for a minute and had their jaws hanging open.
mind telling me how to get that stuff fixed so i can play oh wait nvm my computer cant play age of empires 1 for more than 4hrs straight let alone anything with better graphics

Dreven

Sep 3, 2008
One sleep deprived morning my room mate proudly explained "I'm going to get in shape, you know start running and stuff" half listening I replied "Running what? Kara?" he just stared at me for a few moments, shook his head and walked away.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i lent a friend Golden Sun (the first one and The Lost Age) and as he was playing it i was singing the tunes from the game as he went along and was able to guess where he was by the tunes that were playing. the reasons i'm single have suddenly become clearer!!

Black yeoman

Jun 22, 2008
Nothing good:
I spent 11 hours straight playing Totalwar.
I am trying to finish gutair hero on expert.
I play warhammer as a tabletop game.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Ignoring my naked girlfriend and explaining why some one was wrong on the internet instead.

I also asked a mugger if I could roll for initiative. It didnt work

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
scarbunny post=9.70892.708026 said:
Ignoring my naked girlfriend and explaining why some one was wrong on the internet instead.

we have a winner!!

divine-omen

Sep 2, 2008
PureChaos post=9.70892.708033 said:
scarbunny post=9.70892.708026 said:

we have a winner!!
u can win at this............ok then weird

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
I play CS:S with my housemate, he lives across the hall and we play wih our doors open. Yet we insist on using the Steam chat client to communicate. I didn't realise the futility of it until he asked me something complex and half way through typing a lengthy response I thought 'WTF!?', got up and walked into his room to explain.

MrNeil

Mar 30, 2008
Playing the original Conflict: Desert Storm with three mates for 12 hours. Easy difficult as SAS, then easy as Delta then medium as SAS then as Delta and so on...yeah we stopped to eat and go to the loo or have a smoke but the game never stopped rolling. We'd take turns and the other three would battle on! We played from 11am to 11pm and I think my vision has been screwy ever since!

God that was a low point in my life. If not that then I'd say waiting from 7am for Halo 3, completing it on Legendary by 2pm and having filled 6 forums with gripes about how I found it disappointing :(

A lot of people hated me that day.

divine-omen

Sep 2, 2008
MrNeil post=9.70892.708038 said:
Playing the original Conflict: Desert Storm with three mates for 12 hours. Easy difficult as SAS, then easy as Delta then medium as SAS then as Delta and so on...yeah we stopped to eat and go to the loo or have a smoke but the game never stopped rolling. We'd take turns and the other three would battle on! We played from 11am to 11pm and I think my vision has been screwy ever since!

God that was a low point in my life. If not that then I'd say waiting from 7am for Halo 3, completing it on Legendary by 2pm and having filled 6 forums with gripes about how I found it disappointing :(

A lot of people hated me that day.
i dont hate you for posting how disappointing it is cause it is sad because for the xbox 360 every thing has achivments then u get these dicks for kids going i got all the achivments and you dont when i go to look at them they r in a diffrent language now that is sad cause i did it for a few achivments for the game then thought wtf why am i putting this effort into thi game............

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
Playing HL LAN with 5 FPS gamers. At a point in the match I had 60 kills, 3 deaths (caused by trying to go crowbar only and one from not getting into the bunker when the nuke came). I was laughing my ass off, they hate me a little now.