Your total nerd moment as a gamer

Chiasm

Aug 27, 2008
I am one of those crazy people who still play Rougelike games and I still play Castle of the winds,Though nerdiest is prolly owning a shirt with a picture of pipboy on it.

n01d34 post=9.70892.708094 said:
Have thought about designing a Rougelike.
Yay another Rougelike fan.

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Realised that I played 26 hours of Brawl straight, and when the pop up "You've played 1000 games, your quite dedicated", I was shocked for some time.
Although, it didn't stop me doing it again...
Thrice...

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
I randomly say 'Lol,' or 'Rofl,' instead of actually laughing to friends. Pretty nerdy. Especially when they have no idea what 'rofl,' actually means.

Tardis

Sep 8, 2008
was walking through town with a bunch of mates after a long Diablo 2 session. There was a funky square shaped tiled mosaic thing on the ground about 3m x 3m.

I ran onto it a shouted 'Waypoint!'

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
I was at an Anime/Gaming convention with my girlfriend and a friend of hers, and I started to talk to a booth of imported games. When I turned, they weren't following and instead of thinking "I need to let them know where I am going" I, and this is in all honesty, thought "I must gather my party before venturing forth".

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
N-Sef post=9.70892.707387 said:
I randomly quote video game characters sometimes, and see if my friends pickup the references. I also hum games music when I'm in the shower, yeah I know.
You win the Internet. (seriously)

Crystine

Sep 7, 2008
I have screenshots of my MMORPG on my MySpace. No one has commented the pictures yet... =[

Plus, I used to Role Play via pen and paper in math class with three of my friends. Although they'd always cheat and use "Super Saiyan Powers" to deflect every move of mine, even after I'd made it. -.-

And when I went to visit my family in NY, I got onto the subject of games... I gave them a full run-down of almost all the systems out (also reviewed Xbox and PS3 on my MySpace in a blog), most of the games that were out at the time for the 360, and tried to explain to them that DragonBalls were NOT a Dragon's reproductive organ but yet a very rare item on my MMORPG.
They looked at me like they were worried.

mr mcshiznit

Apr 10, 2008
When i look at blue dragon and see that i have played a game that looks like the vegi tales for waaaaaay to long

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
When I spent a full day wiring my TV up to the following:

Mega Drive (Genesis for you Yanks)
Saturn
Dreamcast
Wii
Laptop w/t wireless keyboard & mouse and external hard drive
DVD system
---

I think I have some kind of low level radiation sickness from sitting in front of that much electronics.

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
rossatdi post=9.70892.708472 said:
When I spent a full day wiring my TV up to the following:

Mega Drive (Genesis for you Yanks)
Saturn
Dreamcast
Wii
Laptop w/t wireless keyboard & mouse and external hard drive
DVD system
---

I think I have some kind of low level radiation sickness from sitting in front of that much electronics.
This is not any sort of attack on you or anything, but why did that take a whole day? I have hooked up to my tv the following:

PS3
X360
NES
Genesis
Wii
SNES
Saturn
Laptop
PSP

and that all only took me about 2 hours to set up as some of the cords were tangled or missing.

Are.Oh.Why

Apr 30, 2008
When I was on the phone with my girlfriend and my classmate walking him through the Water Temple from memory.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Using the Kreate-a-Fighter mode in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, I created Mr Spock.

Not only did he look the part, but I painstakingly customised his fighting style to most resemble how Spock fights in certain episodes of Star Trek, lots of stiff chops & mid-kicks, not much martial-arts flair.

It is particularity significant, because it was at that moment I levelled-up to a Level 2 Nerd.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
God, I've got so many.

Dinging 100 days played on one of my three characters of WoW .. I've got about 30 days each on the other two.. (Don't fear, I no longer play)

Listening to RA2 Soundtrack recently after a hard assignment hit me at work. Sitting in your office with MP3 in pocket, HM2 in the ear.. utter win. I'm getting paid for this shit.

Realizing that I'd just had an entire conversation with someone on MSN without breaking away from online speak, sayings and mottos.. for a single WORD.. (liek omg wtf srsly noob?)

Spamming my housemate who's within punching distance with random babble or binary. Does it get any worse than this?

EDIT: Oh, and I can walk you through ANY instance on WoW from memory. Even though I've not played it in about 6 months.

Death Magnetic

Aug 10, 2008
I occasionaly complete games for friends to let them get gamerscore. I've put in about 15 days on COD4 online. I cried when I deleted my pokemon yellow game save by accident.

fhorrigan

Sep 8, 2008
SimuLord post=9.70892.707294 said:
Count of Yaroslavl
Lol, i live in Yaroslavl
On topic, i always compare all that i see irl to games or thinking, how it may be programmed.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
When "What was Mario called in the original Donkey Kong game?" came up on a trivia quiz, i nearly screamed right then and there. I still reckon I should have gotten extra points for knowing that she wasn't Peach or even Princess Toadstool back then. Pauline... what a name!

Also, me and my friend once downloaded a number of NES game soundtracks to out iPods and sang along to them... despite them lacking lyrics.