Your username and what it says about you.

Trivea

Jan 27, 2011
My typical username is either Trivea or Deus Trivea. It's the name of a character in a series of short stories that I wrote, the self-proclaimed "God of Trivia", who was the one guy I most related to. I got this nickname from friends who had read these stories because I'm really good at Trivial Pursuit and other games like that.

People typically point out to me that I misspelled trivia, to which I respond, "No, I didn't. I didn't mean to write "trivia", I meant to write "Trivea", and also go away."

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
My username is zeltrax5...Not sure but I think "Zeltrax" was one of the aliens from Power Rangers. The 5 is the number of the previous house I lived in as a kid.

Also, I find Power Rangers really dumb, not sure why I used the name zeltrax; I don't like the way it sounds either...sounds kinda like a bacteria you could find in fecies...

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Well mine is typical, my favorite weather is a lightning storm, it calms me down, and Shaun is my first name.

Pretty simple but awesome.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
My username says I'm an pretentious **** with a Vergil/Nelo Angelo fetish.

Then again, only a pretentious **** would have a Vergil/Nelo Angelo fetish (y)

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
My username came about as a name for a Baldur's Gate character, just randomly popped into my head. I became rather fond of that character, and through that the name, so I took it as my standard username on the internet.

Oct 30, 2010
It says absolutely nothing about me, and that is completely intentional. It lets me carefully control how private or open I wish to be. It is nondescript but easy to shorten, if a poster wants to refer to me (mex, 4173 etc.) in an unambiguous manner. It has personal meaning without betraying anything.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
4173 said:
It says absolutely nothing about me, and that is completely intentional. It lets me carefully control how private or open I wish to be. It is nondescript but easy to shorten, if a poster wants to refer to me (mex, 4173 etc.) in an unambiguous manner. It has personal meaning without betraying anything.
Were you born on the 4th January 1973? :p

(Or the 1st of April if you're American)

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Kurai Angelo said:
revjor said:
I'm a Reverend and my name is Jordan!
FOOL!

Should have called yourself Revan.

Missed a trick there dude.

Also, if you don't know who Revan is... tough.
haha yeah i know revan.but, nah no thank you. that "dan" part of "jordan" reminds me of my lame pre-pokevolution days. i know hyper beam now. life's better this way

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
it says I couldn't think of anything at first and I've been using it ever since. been switching over to Anonymous.Hipster which shows that I'm a bit of an elitist and I don't like conforming

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
The .50 Caliber Cow said:
Well, what are your username's origins and how do you think it is related to you as a person.
My username is my actual name. It might imply that I have an open personality; it might imply that I'm sick of random user-names; it might also imply that I have little concern for extreme privacy.

It might also imply that since I am open on sites like the Escapist, I may have a hidden, darker side.

Pick whatever you like.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
My name tells you that a) i'm from Bristol, United Kingdom and b) i am a viking warrior who likes to drink and eat mushrooms before going into battle wearing a bearskin. Simples.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, I came up with the name 2 years ago.

I always thought having a sword made out of glowing neon that could slice through people like butter would be a dream come true. Then I just added my age at the time.

Hence, Neon Sword 13.

EDIT: I added an -ops to the name because the escapist fucked up my last account. It wouldn't let me send a confirmation e-mail.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
My username means that I like to read books, and that I have a very hard time creating names so I just choose one of my favorite (somewhat) obscure character and name myself after him/her.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Well, "The Naut" is sort of a shorthand for astronaut and also the name of a character/costume I came up with. Pretty much it's a guy in and Italian suit that kinda has astronaut gear strewn here and there. Helmet, gloves, boots, pack, etc, etc. Now the 131 comes from another username zeroG131...oh the memories.

So many funny, extremely stupid, internet addicted memories...

Anywho, the whole reason ZeroG131 came into existence was because I was trying to create ZeroG13 as my Youtube username but since it was taken, I randomly picked ZeroG with a 131 on the end, though I was actually trying to pick 113. Turns out I actually find the number pretty cool.

I got banned on the Escapist for being stupid and made a new account here. Since I got tired of using the same username on alot of things and wanted to start off fresh, I decided to use TheNaut here. I just added the 131 for a bit of continuity.

I guess it means I like suits, space, and have found the number 131 interesting and easy to roll off the tongue.