Your vote for worst game of 2011 thus far

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
No idea how to actually start a sentence with this thing, I just want to know what people think this years worst game is (only list one you've actually played, no "all the reviews called it shit") and why. Personally I just tried Homefront. It is an ungodly piece of shit. A proverbial black hole from which no enjoyment can escape. Hilariously stupid plot, clunky controls, awkward feeling guns, pretty fucking few guns as well. I think the character of Connor and all of his actions speak for themselves, the useless piece of fucking garbage. Without going on all day I felt that it was easily the worst game I'd played all year, if not longer.

What's your pick?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Hyperdimension Neptunia. The only game this year that I regret buying. Great concept, poor execution.
I'm going by what games I've actually played.

ScoopMeister

Mar 12, 2011
It depresses me to realise that I haven't played enough games this year to even be able to pick which I thought was the worst :(

TheFrost

Feb 4, 2011
Sadly, Brink altho it was something new with the parkour system and the "online storymode" the game was just too short and boring, with almost no content watsoever and no online matchup. THe game I regret most buying ever.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
I haven't played that many new games this year I just came to realize. So, out of the ones I've played, probably Dead Island.

Davidm4

Aug 4, 2011
I haven't played many games this year and L.A Noire was the only disapointment to me. To say it's the worst game of the year would be harsh, as it was functional. I don't really care for story in games that much and I found the gameplay pretty lacking. I felt my input as a player was pointless and I didn't get much satisfaction from piecing clues together. I couldn't understand why someone would lie, even though they could easily see you rummage through the evidence right in front of their face. Chasing, shooting and driving all felt like filler content and I didn't have much fun. But It wasn't bad and i'm sure there have been worse this year.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Duke Nukem Forever or Homefront. More likely Duke Nukem Forever, as we waited 14 years for it.

Baron_BJ

Tired. Cold. Bored.
Nov 13, 2009
Psycho-Toaster said:
Going to agree on Homefront, until I can think of something else. It wasn't just that it was a bad game, but they hyped it up and marketed it for it's story and the world it's set in, then proceeded to do fuck all with it. Could have been interesting, but the characters were unlikable, the attempts at shocking the player were pathetic and made the villains seem silly and unbelievable, and it was over in 2 fucking hours. I didn't even bother with the multiplayer, 2 hours was enough for me.
Same boat as me, I'm one of those strange creatures that buys games like MW2 for the single player campaign.
Fanfic_warper said:
Duke Nukum Forever, and not just as worst game of 2011, but worst game ever and worst franchise ever.
I bought the balls of steel edition of the game and I can sure as shit understand how and why people hate it, but somehow I managed to enjoy it. Would I reccomend it to someone else? Fuck no. Do I regret buying it? Somehow I don't.

BlastedTheWorm

Jan 26, 2010
Let's be honest here. None of the games people have mentioned could seriously be considered as the WORST game of 2011.

There's bound to be a whole shitload of shovelware and other crap that no one's even noticed.

rc0ll

Apr 14, 2011
It has to be a toss-up between Call of Juarez: The Cartel and Rugby World Cup 2011.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Fanfic_warper said:
Duke Nukum Forever, and not just as worst game of 2011, but worst game ever and worst franchise ever.
Did you ever play Duke 3D? That game is pretty damn fun.

Anyway, I've played quite a few games this year, and I pretty much enjoyed every single game I've played. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a game that I really didn't like.

kugelfaenger13

Mar 26, 2011
Taff one between Homefront and Dragon age 2. Both dissapointing but DA2 was the bigger one for me expected better from bioware :(

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The worst game I've played this year? Portal 2. I only got about halfway through before the repetetive nature and ugly graphics slowly began sucking the will to continue. I slogged on until just after you got potato Glados back and gave up.

I know a lot of people really love this game but I just couldn't find anything enjoyable about it.

DeadXV

Dec 24, 2009
BlastedTheWorm said:
Let's be honest here. None of the games people have mentioned could seriously be considered as the WORST game of 2011.

There's bound to be a whole shitload of shovelware and other crap that no one's even noticed.
I think most people were assuming he ment mainstream games, games that most people could potentially give 2 fucks about.

OT: Im also going to have to say Homefront, for the same reasons mentioned above. Fortunatly for me i didnt buy it, just played and finished it at a friends house.