Your vote for worst game of 2011 thus far

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
L.A Noire

It was interesting at first, with all the mysteries, and finding clues, and what not, but then it went on, and on, and the cases were becoming far too simular to each other. So I thought screw this, I'm wasting my time, and went on to play a much better, and less repetitive game.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
The thing is that people are saying their disappointed with these games, but none of them are "horrible" by any means, not DA2, not L.A Noire, not Terraria, these are just games you don't like, none of them are objectively shit.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Madden NFL 12. In a series that seems to pride itself on making the smallest possible incremental improvements each year and hoping everyone will buy it anyway because they want up-to-date rosters, I feel like they managed to actually create a worse game than the previous year's entry for the first time since the first 360 entries.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
luckily I didnt play any of them, I dont know how anyone could say dead island though that game is pretty fun.

not excellent quality but by no means shit.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
Saviordd1 said:
The thing is that people are saying their disappointed with these games, but none of them are "horrible" by any means, not DA2, not L.A Noire, not Terraria, these are just games you don't like, none of them are objectively shit.
NO game is 'objectively shit'. Not even Big Rigs is. Determining the quality of an experience is a necessarily subjective endeavour. It's perfectly fine to think any of those titles are the worst of the year.

I'm sorry. The misuse of the word 'objective' makes me sad and gassy.

OT: For me, the worst gaming experience of the year has been Dragon Age II.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I've played a total of two new games this year (Dragon Age 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution) and I didn't hate either. HR was the better one, though.

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Mindjack came out this year right?

W.T.F.

Also, the fact that Square has to totally rebuild FF14 probably puts it in that category too

Sep 14, 2009
didn't care for duke nukem at all at a friends house, played it 3 times and all 3 times it was...ugh, it was not fun, not funny, just an overall dull experience.

sad thing is normally i thrive on that kind of humor and whatnot, that was just awful tho..

InGrindWeTrust

May 19, 2010
Based only on games I've actually played myself, it's a tie between Brink and Dead Island. They were both over-hyped to hell pre-release.

Brink made a big thing out of customisation, but customising your appearance just makes it difficult for your team to be able to identify you at a glance, and most of the weapon modifications felt like they didn't make any difference at all. The story was quite interesting, but only reared its head now and then through the medium of audio logs, which seemed like a waste, and releasing a team-based shooter with 8 maps and nothing much else in it was a bit of a dick move if you ask me. I haven't touched it in months.

Dead Island started out strong, but becomes more and more stale and generic the further you get into it. I signed up to fight zombies, not to run around the jungle with an AK47 shooting at soldiers. The icing on the (nasty) cake (of bad game) was the time my follower was killed in an explosion, making me restart the quest only to discover that all of my precious, expensive, heavily-customised inventory had disappeared completely (including my fists, somehow) and been replaced by a peculiar weapon that the inventory claimed was a mace, yet had the world model, stats and action of a simple stick. Either that, or the time I kicked a beach ball only to have it stop dead 3 feet away from me as if it had suddenly collided with a brick wall, as I spontaneously died for some reason. Or it may have been the time I was fighting a Thug zombie (the big ones that knock you down and take 2 bars off your health if they land a single hit on you) when I suddenly gained 2 levels for no discernable reason, and found myself unable to move, attack, turn, jump or crouch, and was repeatedly battered to death. No thank you, Dead Island.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
BlastedTheWorm said:
Let's be honest here. None of the games people have mentioned could seriously be considered as the WORST game of 2011.

There's bound to be a whole shitload of shovelware and other crap that no one's even noticed.
Thats why the OP asked for the worst game of 2011 that we have played if you read what he put.

On topic.

Dungeon Siege 3.

It took me 8 hours to get through the entire game, side quests included. Far too short and it wasn't all that great to play.

"You have to play it co-op to get the best out of it" came the cry of the easily satisfied muppet.

So me and a friend tried it in co-op to see what the fuss was about. It took us 5 hours to get through it, including taking pauses to mock it.

So it was still over just as fast and managed to waste 5 hours of 2 peoples lives who could have been doing something to benefit their existence like .. I don't know .. turning turtles upside down and giggling.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Klumpfot said:
Saviordd1 said:
NO game is 'objectively shit'. Not even Big Rigs is. Determining the quality of an experience is a necessarily subjective endeavour. It's perfectly fine to think any of those titles are the worst of the year.

I'm sorry. The misuse of the word 'objective' makes me sad and gassy.

OT: For me, the worst gaming experience of the year has been Dragon Age II.
Thats not true though, sure you might be able to have fun with a shit game (Big rigs a good example) but it doesn't make it less shit.

For example, lets take dragon age.
The combat was faster and less dragon ageish
The story was well a story that some people liked and some didn't
The characters had stories, if you didn't like them whatever
The gameplay was mostly bug free
The inventory worked, the game was fair

Do these facts make it fun for everyone? No, but it did what it set out to, it is an RPG, it works, the gameplay works, it tells a story. Thus, it is not shit

Now lets look at big rigs
The driving was broken
There were no physics
The AI did NOT EXIST.
Collision barely existed with the god damn ground.
Only one map worked.
It CTD's at the drop of a hat.

This game is objectively shit. It doesn't do what it went out to do, the gameplay is broken, its full of bugs. It is a great example of shit

HOWEVER some people could have more fun with Big rigs then Dragon Age 2, or visa versa. But that doesn't change the fact that Dragon Age is unbroken, has solid gameplay and does what it says on the tin. You can complain its not the new DAO all you want but its still an objectively good game while big rigs is well...broken to the point it don't think it was ever together.

So, no, worst game can be very objective. But when it comes to what fun you get out of a game? Your right, it is 100% subjective.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
While I wouldn't call it worst as such, Garshasp: Monster Slayer was amusingly terrible. Nice effort, though. Besides, it brought us this.

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Fanfic_warper said:
Duke Nukum Forever, and not just as worst game of 2011, but worst game ever and worst franchise ever.
"Worst franchise ever" is a little harsh, but Duke Nukem Forever is easily the worst game I've encountered this year on almost every level.

Honorable mention for Brink, since it promised so much only to be uniformly underwhelming.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Mind Jack.
I had seen a few trailers for it and I was looking forward to it so much. Then I actually played it. Biggest waster of $60 ever. Traded it in within the first week.

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
The game of who can be the worst pop singer with a large income. First Bieber, then Black, who knows what abomination is coming next?