Your WORST game of the decade

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Assassins Creed. Hated that game. I love Assassins Creed 2 though.

sun218

Nov 19, 2009
Iron Man The Movie Game. Not Only was this a boring, buggy, all round awful game, it bore the name "Iron Man"! How dare it?!!!

C117

Aug 14, 2009
UFO: Aftermath. Worst game of the decade AND worst game ever.

JoGribbs

May 3, 2009
I'd say the game I hated the most is the newest Prince of Persia, but even I can admit it wasn't the worst game of the decade.

Hmm... maybe Army of Two, which I only played the the first half of, but I absolutely hated it.

No wait! Conflict: Denied Ops. Dear jesus that's a terrible game.
Littaly said:
That I actually played? Star Fox: Command.
Maybe this as well.

Grand_Pamplemousse

Aug 17, 2009
Far Cry 2.

It was like Hell.

No way of dying. No way of escaping. Nothing but the same repetitive tasks. No single human character capable of conversation.

It truly is a form of hell.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
RocketPocket said:
"Worst game" is a relative term.

Some people like what others will not.

I don't think there can be an overall "Worst" game.

But from my personal experience, the worst game I have played would have to be Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
Thanks for pointing that out. The anthropology degree is yours with insight like that.

Why can't people just get stuck in, or indeed ignore if you feel the same as our learned co-poster here, topics like this?

Worst game of the decade, for me, that I can remember is Rise of The Argonauts, if only because it's one of the few games I was really interested in without having played a previous game in a series. It was a new IP by codemasters, who've done fuck all of worth since Music 2000 and a few racing games.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
One word:

[http://img231.imageshack.us/i/spore.jpg/]
[http://g.imageshack.us/img231/spore.jpg/1/]

EDIT: Ok, so perhaps it wasn't THE WORST game of the decade but it definitely was the greatest disappointment of the decade considering that it took almost a decade to make and that it looked like it could be one of the greatest games of the decade only to introduce DRM to us and represent EA greedy money grabbing policy's.
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this. Spore wasn't actually terrible, but it was incredibly disappointing. Being someone who followed this game since it was first announced, I can safely say that Spore did not live up to the hype. To be fair the hype for the game was somewhat unrealistic, but Maxis made it sound like they were going to meet the hype anyways. But they didn't even come close. So that's why it has to be my personal worst game of the decade. Probably going to be the worst game in my entire life.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Hardcore_gamer said:
The Rockerfly said:
If anyone says Halo they can fuck off and die
Well Halo 1 was actually really good when it was released all those years ago. Halo 2 on the other hand was just lame in my opinion, and Halo 3 while begin fun wasn't really much more then just a decent shooter in my opinion. The fact that so many 12 year old's scream out about how it's "THE BEST GAME EVAAAAAR" makes allot of people hate the game, i for one don't really care though i never really understood why people say the story is epic even thought it's actually really thin and often doesn't make sense or has allot of plot holes in it.
Yeah I know people have conflicting opinions on each one but I know some idiot will answer the call and say one of the Halo's is the worst game ever. You may not agree with the gameplay but worst game ever is just stupid, there are all these shitty Wii games, all the crappy Sonic games and all the film tie in games. Surely one of these is worse then any of the Halo games (even Halo wars)

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
sun218 said:
Iron Man The Movie Game. Not Only was this a boring, buggy, all round awful game, it bore the name "Iron Man"! How dare it?!!!
And the Superman Returns game also, aswell, too.

RonstahMonstah

Jun 13, 2009
Star Trek DAC was terrible. I only tried the demo but while I was expecting a first person flight simulator type thing it turned out to be a crappy little arena battle that made asteroids look intense.

Cargin

Jun 3, 2009
oh army of two was pretty bad. i did the training level once when i was bored and on my own, didnt bother to follow the instructions to use aggro on the armoured dude, so the gate wouldnt open once i'd killed him. i was just left there in that stupid fence off area.

Kane and Lynch looked fairly bog standard (and thus not necessarily bad, just boring) but then that level where u had to defend the atrium in the big building (its been a while since i played it, so bear with my vague descriptions), just couldnt get past it. ridiculous amount of swat team to kill, and then when i finally did manage to kill them all, the dude i was guarding gets killed and its mission fail. At least thats how i remember that game going. i cud hav imagined all that.

Jericho. Truly, truly bad stuff. boring as hell, crappy weapons, and graphics worse than a quake demo from the mid nineties. thats not to say that bad graphics is a deal breaker, condemned 1 has sum pretty dodgy graphics, and its on my top 5 games list of ever. Plus, the plot of Jericho was pants. seemed like doom crossed with the 2nd tomb raider film and then sum poo.

oh, and assasins creed, for ruining what shaped up to be a pretty awesome game, until u got to about half way, and ur brain melted from the friction of the constant repetitive grind.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
If anyone says Halo they can fuck off and die

OT: I would have to say "It's My Birthday" on the Wii. It's sums up everything that is wrong with the Wi and this generation of console owners of this generation

Don't believe me? http://www.zimbio.com/Wii/articles/L4azy3atJjL/my+birthday+video+game+Nintendo+Wii+exclusive
HALO. pure suck.

Jun 6, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
Syl4r said:
I haven't seen this done before, and it it has been, i apologies :£.
Post your worst game of the decade.
One word:

[http://img231.imageshack.us/i/spore.jpg/]
[http://g.imageshack.us/img231/spore.jpg/1/]

EDIT: Ok, so perhaps it wasn't THE WORST game of the decade but it definitely was the greatest disappointment of the decade considering that it took almost a decade to make and that it looked like it could be one of the greatest games of the decade only to introduce DRM to us and represent EA greedy money grabbing policy's.
Spore is correct!

You win a new car!

Well Pikmin is my personal one.

Uncharted 2 for personal reasons as well.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
I haven't really played a bad game this year.

I guess Prototype maybe? That wasn't bad by any means, but it was the least enjoyable game I bought this year.