Your worst Oh Shit, RUN! moment...

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
When I was little, I got the game Dynasty Warriors 3. Since my small brain could ignore bad game audio and subpar graphics, I could let myself run wild in fun terms. However, I was also very easily scared, since I was inexprienced. The moment I saw Lu Bu, I nearly crapped my pants, but also thought that I could just snipe him. So I naturally shot him off his horse. However, he got PISSED. I thought the soldiers on my side would slow him down but one hit, and they all died. 10 seconds later, I was looking at a Game Over Screen. What was your biggest Oh Shit, Run! moment?
"It's-it's-it's LU BU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -random soldier.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP.

Fighting a Big Thing (Kokatu?) we called Fluffy. It was our first time attacking it...It boshed me & my two friends and nearly killed us with one hit.

We ran. Screaming.

(and i was the one that called it fluffy)

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
in serious sam when I start hearing a bunch of yells coming at me or the clip clop of hoofs

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Every time you see Pyramid Head pretty much. I mean, until the final bit... Its all you can do...

And the Bear from Condemned 2. Again, its all you can do.

If all the game allows you to do is run... You best run.

Angelcraft

Apr 15, 2010
Silent Hill 1, when those skinless, burt children walk out of the darkness with knives, and you have no weapons, only the faint light of your lighter to keep you company while the children stab you to death...*sigh*... that brings back memories...

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
When playing Motorstorm 2 I was driving a bike on mud and a monster truck was behind me, inching closer and closer, until it finally crushed me.

I flashed back to when I was watching Ace Ventura 2.

Also, every nightmare in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, 'nuff said.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
The first encounter with a "Gargantua" baddie in Half-Life is the only time that bodily functions have become involved in games in the OH SHIT sense and it therefore is the memorable one.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Star Wars Battlefront, when you walk right into an area where Darth Vader has decided to show up and his insane ability of deflecting any kind of lasers.
I swear he deflects any shots fired at him in that game no matter you shoot at his back or his face.

Elexia

Dec 24, 2008
I think every time I play a FPS, my ineptitude usually results in many moments of faecal matter hitting the fan and necessitating a hasty retreat.

Dropping a grenade at my own feet is one such example.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
Actually, one recent one was incredibly memorable. I misaimed a grenade in FEAR 2 in slowmo, and it bounced back at eye level, all in slowmo. So I watched it slowly spin in front of my face for a good 3 seconds before exploding.

Silencer_007

Mar 8, 2010
Someone already beat me to it, but I've gotta go with playing Battlefront 2 on the 360. There's nothing as crappy as being Bland Rebel Soldier #15 and turning the corner to find Darth Vader and Boba Fett. And the worst part is that the damn jetpack still helped him catch up with me and nicely crisp me with a flamethrower.

Pantherman

May 30, 2008
OverweightWhale said:
Being chased by a super mutant overlord in Fallout 3 while at level 3.
Ah, you got the supermutant overlord death special too?? Fun wasn't it?

I remember that time too, I had beaten the game once already before the supermutant overlords were introduced (Xbox360) and I saw one of them in Little lamplight. I was somewhere between level 8-13, can't exactly remember. I had dumped all my experience points into repair and science. I saw him from a distance, took note of my low ammo and fired on him with a perfectly repaired combat shotgun and not enough shells to kill him. As I get closer to him while firing, that's when I realized that it was no ordinary supermutant, and that I was going to die rather quickly.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
MellowFellow said:
Star Wars Battlefront, when you walk right into an area where Darth Vader has decided to show up and his insane ability of deflecting any kind of lasers.
I swear he deflects any shots fired at him in that game no matter you shoot at his back or his face.
Me and my friends killed Vader with grenades. The blast pushes him. Just throw him off a cliff.

Fun times...

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
this is not actually scary but in the sonic adventure games when either the truck was chasing you or the killer whale. well the first time the killer whale did chase me...who the hell see's that coming!