You're all too depressing...seriously

Lucid_Camel

Feb 19, 2013
Iv been on this site for ages but only like a week ago i made a profile. The topics are usually interesting but have becoming less and less about games. Also i has questions.

1. how do you put in a vid in a forum comment.
2.how do i put pics into a forum comment
3.How can i make my own Forum topic
4. Do the site admins read these
5. Why yes i am dumping noob questions on this as i am a noob

You all get a boost for helping me out? lol Think some people can only be happy when they'er depressed

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Vault101 said:
major_chaos said:
NO, this is just proof of your HORRIBLE TASTE, because as everyone knows my opinion is the correct one and everyone else is WRONG. (kidding. I assume that was blindingly obvious but you can never be too sure, sarcasm doesn't show well in text)
while I can synpathise with the fan rage (you know..being a Mass Effect fan) it does seem that most people who arent fans of the old DMC actually think the game isnt bad...GOOD even

just sayin
6th And Silver said:
Oh, and I was finally able to get into Borderlands 2. I guess I understand what the fuss was about it, despite it apparently having been written by someone with the sense of humor of a twelve-year old.
I think it has more wit than you give it credit for...its one of the funnyer games Ive ever played

something like DMC on the other hand.....
I agree with you completely on this, I like the new DMC, and am an ME fan, even after 3 and loved Borderlands 2 as well, I found it witty and awesome to play with my flat mates.

Also, I love your new avatar, Dog giving it to Vault boy XD Funnily enough, my grandad recently gave me one of the Footrot Flats book collections, I've been having fun reading them.

A good thing has happened to me: I've finally found enough people I know to commit to a Pathfinder campaign with me as the GM :D I have lots of fun stuff planned, adventures already made so it's going to be a blast.

Lucid_Camel said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/markup_help.php

This will answer some, as for videos, just quote someone who has posted one and look at how it's been put in :)

Aeonknight

Apr 8, 2011
ya see OP, the thing about forums is:

You can't take em seriously, and you can't take em to heart. It's just not worth it.

It's cool if you find someone you enjoy having a conversation (or arguement) with, but at the end of the day, the only standards you have to live by are your own.

Example:
Guess what Escapist?

I generally like the games that are published by EA. I very much so enjoy Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3, and am trying to find the time to get into the Mass Effect series without letting the cynicism surrounding the 3rd game's ending ruin it for me.

Problem? Too fucking bad.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Lately I've been physically working it hard and cutting down on the more useless hours. Feels great, and exertion leading to happiness and satisfaction is absolutely true. Haven't noticed it until now, oddly enough. Have also been composing some musical pieces, writing more and attempting to prod a slight downer of a friend into doing something creative/fun. Being game designers is an unrealistic side-goal of ours, I guess.

Don't know what else to say, really.
The rest is shit, uninteresting, personal and too easy to write on about.
But I deal with it, get about with my business and everyone else can fuck 'emselves.
Ha ha, yolo!

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
Also, I love your new avatar, Dog giving it to Vault boy XD Funnily enough, my grandad recently gave me one of the Footrot Flats book collections, I've been having fun reading them.
it might help that I actually found Tiny Tina funny

thanks, I actually really like your avatar too...its got that cool old anime look. Also yeah, I love footrot flats!
Aeonknight said:
ya see OP, the thing about forums is:

You can't take em seriously, and you can't take em to heart. It's just not worth it.
that is true..I do tend ot be a bit sensitive to ohter peoples opinions (still that is....I did learn to understand that its ok if people disagree with you)

[quote/]Example:
Guess what Escapist?

I generally like the games that are published by EA. I very much so enjoy Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3, and am trying to find the time to get into the Mass Effect series without letting the cynicism surrounding the 3rd game's ending ruin it for me.
[/quote]
I agree more or less...however while I do enjoy those games I still find EA's practices downright frustrating...however I cae more about the games themselves

also good like with the Mass Effect series, trying and look at it without all the controversy

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Good things? Any good things that have happened have been in the realm of drugs and Las Vegas. Just here to make my monthly post before I go back into hiding.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I got a job after being unemployed for about a year, Im loving it and Ive been saving my pay and just ordered a sweet gaming rig that should arrive in a few days. Finally I can play things like Arkham City and The Witcher 2 without everything turned to low or off. *Happy dance*

@Vault101: Wait, what is The Dog doing to poor Fallout Boy in your avatar? Bad dog! I have a secret weapon that is not only plasma proof, it's indestructible:

[img/]http://www.oneil.com.au/footrot/pics/horse1.gif[/img]

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
I think I may be far too young to post here (I mean pah, look at my Joined date!), but to be fair I only created a new one because some creep was stalking me and I could only change the name of my old account once (which this person managed to find out..) and I couldn't get any bigshot moderator (or something of the sort) to help me!

Positives... My cat is sweet as ever, I'm out of and done with all the horrible relationships I've been in, my roomie has finally learned the fine art of cleaning up after himself, and I have a very nice job.

tippy2k2 said:
Basically, once I can convince a lady to show me her boobies on a regular basis, my life will be perfect (and PsychicTaco115 already agreed to be my wing-man so it won't take long). Everyone be jealous of Tippy2K2!
That sounds like an honorable and worthwhile endavour. You have my best wishes!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Vault101 said:
lets just talk about GOOD things for once [b/]so whats somthing good? a game you like? somthing that happned?[/b]
An article I wrote was featured on Penny Arcade's The Cut, as well as Critical Distance, Gamechurch and a couple of other 'best of the week' round-ups.

This makes me do a happy dance. I am on my way to being internet famous!

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Vault101 said:
someone makes a thread about reminiscing over the last 3 years he was on the escapist and wishing to share some of that

and then everyone "reminisces" about how the forums have a apparently changed for the worse and its just not fun anymore, I barely post anymore I just lurk and dammit wont those post 2011 kids get off my lawn!

[img/]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cXNkWeiqq0c/T3zBBliBUTI/AAAAAAAAAFE/mtrGtR9isBQ/s1600/old+man.jpg[/img]

and no I'm not criticizing people for feeling that way, that would be stupid

its just aside from that I (used to) find this place depressing enough as it is! all that jaded cynacism and crys of everything being awful (of coarse as is human nature we like ot hate thing things, its cathartic, but there is also limits as to what we can take)....

oh and try being a Mass Effect fan [small/]without wanting to give up and be depressed over the fact that everything you like is actually bad and you clearly have no taste[/small]

[img/]http://abbeyh91.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/comic-book-guy-worst-post-ever.jpg[/img]

but anyway, lets not be negative, or depressing or hateful. I'm tired of hanging out with you sad sacks!

lets just talk about GOOD things for once [b/]so whats somthing good? a game you like? somthing that happned?[/b]

OR if you want to disagree with me go ahead....because only talking about good things can be boring

so

Yesterday I finished Dishonoured, I thourght it was seriously cool, not perfect (mabye let down by the voice acting) but the world was awsome, I hope for a seaquel. Also aparently it had Half Lifes 2 art director which shows because I was getting serious combine vibes from all that "watch" architecture

also last Fruday Tomb Raider "broke street date" which ment I got my copy early! (and the figure, which I might say is very nice) of coarse being PC I cant actually play it untill release date..but I have it! possibly before most of you!...so ner!

oh and yesterday I played Starcraft 2 for the first time and experiences my first Zerg rush!
I made something for you:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.402536-What-was-the-coolest-toy-you-had-as-a-kid
Enjoy.

On topic:
I have a cold.
Good.
I hate my throat anyways.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
I bought Warhammer 40K Space Marine at the christmas market recently, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was actually a really fun game. And being totally new to the source material I don't know jack so I can't feel betrayed by anything! :D

It was also the first game in months I've bothered to try online play in and gosh darn it's fun! And the unlock codes still worked, even though it said they expired before the year shift.

M13

Jan 6, 2013
A few days ago I finally got the sound to work in Bioshock. Bought it a couple years back on steam sale but the sucker had been mute..
Now I'm actually playing it and having a blast. A blast that makes a nice noise.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Vault101 said:
Vault101, you asked for it:

Pink Pony for the win! Nothing cheers me up quite like Pinkie when I want to stop feeling jaded, at least when she's not being flanderized.

On a more serious note, a pony convention in Las Vegas went to utter shit and left dozens if not over a hundred people, including many guests from the show, with massive bills (usually being between $300 - $1500 from my understanding with the exception of the Guests of Honor, which were screwed even more) being footed to them because the con organizers failed to deliver the things that they promised people such as comped rooms and flights. If you want more details, you'll have to look it up for yourself as it was a lot more disastrous than I can adequately describe, but a lot of people (including show staff) literally ended up stranded in Vegas because of this.

The good news? The entire fandom (and even the show staff) came together and gathered up enough money to not only get the MLP staff home, but paid back many if not all of the regular people screwed by this event (helping them get home as well) and even got to paying the numerous charities that the convention was supposedly raising money for but apparently didn't, with the total money raised reaching at least $30k. As unbearable as this fandom can be at times (so says the Anti-Twilicorn >_>), things like this really do remind me that not everyone on this shithole of a planet is a self-centered prick and that good people really do exist.

Also, while Fighting is Magic is abandoning the MLP aspect of the game, they're still working on the game and even have Lauren Faust herself working to make new character designs for the game that aren't copyrighted (before someone asks, Lauren was the one who offered to do this). Having someone like Lauren helping with a fan project (former fan-project now, I guess) is just awesome no matter how one looks at it.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
I've been listening to so much power metal these days its ridiculous. Sabaton, Alestorm, Maiden, Metallica, Sabaton, Alestorm, and half a dozen bands whose names I can't even remember.

It's fucking awesome.

Also, I'm using all the 'positive energy' in the room caused by said metal and by the ecology students finishing their thesis work to actually get some study of my own done. So there's that. And then heavy drinking with said students tonight. Hey, I'm feeling better and better the more I type!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Vault101 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
it might help that I actually found Tiny Tina funny

thanks, I actually really like your avatar too...its got that cool old anime look. Also yeah, I love footrot flats!
Ah, it's an image I found a while ago, I can't claim it as mine. But being a huge Transformers and Metroid fan, I couldn't pass it up. The image had the Japanese characters for the words, Metroid Prime, I found both awesome and funny, the image is on my profile here if you want to see.

NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Vault101 said:
I just had one of my sports articles published by ESPN. While there aren't many sports fans on this site, so I might as well be talking Latin, I'm very proud.
Congrats :D

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
]

Ah, it's an image I found a while ago, I can't claim it as mine. But being a huge Transformers and Metroid fan, I couldn't pass it up. The image had the Japanese characters for the words, Metroid Prime, I found both awesome and funny, the image is on my profile here if you want to see.
I saw it...its very nice....somthing I'd almost put on my wall

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I just got a puppy last week. He still has that new puppy smell.
...like piss on your carpets?

DrunkOnEstus said:
My wife and I went on a date, saw Wreck-it-Ralph at the Cinebarre (second-run theater with a bartender), had a great fucking time. I got home
Good luck getting the Sugar Rush theme tune out of your head for, like, a week.

Fucking J-pop!