YouTube Gaming Star PewDiePie Turns Off Comments For Good

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
deleteme doublepost

WHAT IS HAPPENING, I TRIED EDITING MY FIRST COMMENT AND IT MADE A THIRD ONE? Hilariously bad system this

timeformime

Jul 27, 2012
immortalfrieza said:
dragongit said:
Great, not all hate letters and comments will be directly sent to e-mails, facebook, twitter, ect. I am not defending this guy. Far from it, I think he's garbage and refuse to even watch anything of his directly to avoid giving him money. I've seen things indirectly from other sources, and can see just how horrible it is. I'm just saying that the hate comments will find their way. And it will put a damper on those who were actual fans.
Not to mention that PewDiePie, like everybody else with a bit of sense who's ever posted a video anywhere knew damned well that there was going to be plenty of haters, arguments, whatever if he was going to post popular videos. He could just simply enjoy the good comments and IGNORE the bad comments like a mature and rational human being. If he or anyone else that does this wasn't willing to live with some bad comments he should have never uploaded anything to begin with.

To PieDiePie I'd say this: Video uploaders can do turn off comments, doesn't mean you or anyone else should. If you and others don't like comments, get off of Youtube.
Only accepting the good and completely ignoring the bad isn't a great way to live your life - it disconnects you from reality, encourages denial, and warps your perspective. Any mature and rational human being would no longer be mature or rational were they to become as obscenely famous as he has.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
timeformime said:
Only accepting the good and completely ignoring the bad isn't a great way to live your life - it disconnects you from reality, encourages denial, and warps your perspective.
I'm not saying there aren't some bad things worth getting pissed over even for a mature and rational human being, but comments on a video aren't one of them. Uploaders that disable comments like PieDiePie knew what they were getting into when they started uploading videos, thus they have no one to blame for all the bad comments but themselves. To quote an old cliche, if you can't stand the heat...
Any mature and rational human being would no longer be mature or rational were they to become as obscenely famous as he has.
Fame is no excuse for a lack of maturity and rationality, in fact unless one is 5 years old there is no excuse not to be mature and rational. Anyone that becomes irrational and immature when they become famous was never mature and rational to begin with.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
MovieBob said:
His videos, which predominantly involve Kjellberg playing video games and reacting to them in often comical ways, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/game-theory/9668-How-PewDiePie-Became-Number-1-on-YouTube] are said to earn him $4 million a year.