Youtube Google+ Linking

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
idarkphoenixi said:
I didn't even know I was linking to Google+, I got tricked. It wouldn't let me comment until I "signed in" even though I was already signed in. I had no fucking idea it would be this bad.

Now my page has become a massive pile of fuck-up. I didn't even realise my inbox was deleted.

Now there's no way to remove Google, it's like some inoperable tumour.

I think the main reason every single change they make is hated so much is because there's really no alternative. You're forced into these things whether you like it or not.
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing I've lost is the ability to comment. So, I've lost nothing important. I switched to what they were bitching about, then realized it's a fucking nightmare, and somehow - don't ask cos I don't know - managed to switch BACK.

I'm never going to Google+. Not ever. They're trying so hard to be all social media-like but they're utterly failing at it. It's spiraling harder and harder out of control. Hopefully it comes to a head and Google just calls it, but I don't know how likely that is.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
yclatious said:
Bolocks to google,it cant be more than a search engine.

Social bullshit,we aren soccer moms in some rich fat place,we are normal people.
Most of us dont even give a crap about facebook,I asume.

Google,I like your damm search engine.thats it.But once bing gets better,and trust me it seriously hurts from laghter from this,ill switch to bing.
Im serious Google,I know you guys google yerselves.
Youl fnd this.Your an espionage info generator for fucks sake.
Fuck off and kill yer plus sign,then well talk.
Try DuckDuckGo.

It doesn't collect any info from you or your searches.

I've stoped using Google thanks to this and DuckDuckGo is an ok replacement.

Mr_Spanky

Jun 1, 2012
As far I'm concerned at least Google has kind of shot themselves in the foot by pushing their dumbass social networking so hard that it's pretty much forced you to have an account when you don't want one.

If their was any chance at all that I would EVER use Google+ it dissolved into oblivion as soon as they tried to ram it down my throat, up my ass and beat me over the with this stupid, needy "USE ME PLEASE EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE FACEBOOK!!!!" crap. And tbh I don't even really use facebook as I'm not that much into social networking.

So yeah - google as a search engine is awesome. Google as anything else can fuck right off.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
First Microsoft makes that DRM disaster with Xbox One, now this...

When are companies gonna learn not to fix what isn't broken?

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
I hate the new comment section, sure its easier to reply but its looking more and more like facebook, which is not a good thing to me, also some idiot at google decided to allow people to link anywhere on the internet, mind you I never click them but its just easier for viruses and spammers to spread malicious links

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
thewatergamer said:
I hate the new comment section, sure its easier to reply but its looking more and more like facebook, which is not a good thing to me, also some idiot at google decided to allow people to link anywhere on the internet, mind you I never click them but its just easier for viruses and spammers to spread malicious links
Don't forget the new lack of any sort of character limit.

I'm both impressed and repulsed by the images people have managed to create and post, not to mention movie scripts and chapters from various books.

AgedGrunt

Dec 7, 2011
Google is treating users like they're farming material for their project no one wants to be a part of. Pretty much what someone else has said: I don't need to comment on videos anymore; I rarely did, anyway. Sadly, this really hurts the channels, not Google.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Google+ is a piece of shit. I can't post a comment on YouTube without signing up for Google+. I've done it before and it was such a fucking mess. Couldn't find my inbox, had to navigate through a worthless interface just to shut it off, and so on. I want the names of the witless cocksuckers who cooked up this bullshit and have them shove feet first into an industrial wood chipper.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
o_O OK, here's a pretty big note. The co-founder of YouTube has only ever made two posts on YouTube. The first one was the first video ever posted to YouTube.

The second was him wondering why the fleep he needs a Google+ account.

As you can see here. [http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/08/youtube-cofounder-why-the-fuck-do-i-need-a-google-account-to-comment]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Chessrook44 said:
While I agree with the statement, I think his right to complain about what happens to the site was waived after his paycheck crossed the 10 million mark.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Someone needs to come up with an alternative really soon. YouTube appears to be mortally wounded.

Someone posted the script for Braveheart in the comments section of YouTubes announcement video.....which is infinitely preferable to an ascii-cock, or pedobear I guess!

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
I feel sorry for the 3 people who were using google+ before this. Probably for their knitting circle. They must be wondering where the hell all the racist bile and ASCII dicks came from. Google have basically broken 2 systems not one, by forcing google+ on Youtube.

Galen Marek

Dec 5, 2011
azukar said:
I think it's more GLADoS than HAL 9000 :p
"Link your Google+ account with your Youtube account and there will be cake."
GLADoS promised something. Sure it was a lie but it actually promised something for following its action that we didn't trust.

Google promised nothing, it just said "obey or be destroyed". Or obey and never comment, but I mean seriously, who watches youtube for the videos anyway!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Is anyone else kinda enjoying the ridiculously long, often inappropriate ASCII-art filled comments on Youtube now? Sure it's terrible, very terrible, but kinda entertainingly so.

Having to join google plus to comment though is just mind-numbingly stupid. It seems like Youtube's been on a downward spiral for about 3 years and they've finally hit rock bottom. Somebody please, provide a less shitty alternative so we can jump ship.

RikuoAmero

Jan 27, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Chessrook44 said:
While I agree with the statement, I think his right to complain about what happens to the site was waived after his paycheck crossed the 10 million mark.
Can you please explain to me why he doesn't have the right to complain? Sure, he's not with the company any more, and doesn't have any legal power to say to Youtube's board "Do this or do that"...but he's a user of the site just like you and me. I'm complaining about the site. I wouldn't be surprised if you did too. Why is it that he can't complain?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
RikuoAmero said:
Just seems to me like once you get paid a sum of money like that, calling foul on how your property is abused is less valid. He should have known that selling it to Google would lead to cross-integration with their own properties at some time in the future. If keeping Youtube as a stand alone site was omni-important to him, he should have kept his stake in the company.

And yes, he can complain about it. He has the right. I was just exaggerating.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
I miss old Youtube. I miss it so badly that thinking about it actually brings tears to my eyes, that's how badly I want it back. The old buffering/loading system, the old account + commenting system, the old channel layout, everything.
I love new changes when those changes don't fuck everything up for everyone and make things harder/inconvenient - and this isn't even the kind of change with bugs/glitches, Google knows exactly what they are doing! Turning a perfectly-functional Youtube into this absolute clusterfuck was all according to plan, that's the most heart-wrenching part.

WHY does this happen with every company that goes big?? It happened with EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Facebook (to some extent) and now Google? Google were seen as the good guys up till recently, the company that represented internet freedom, open-minded thinking and was friendly to it's community!

But over time they've fucked everything up for themselves by repeatedly ruining Youtube like stupid fucking retards, driving one nail into the coffin after another. Yes I'm quite angry.

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
While im not too much to complain about the google+ account I didnt know I already setup ages ago and completely ignored this entire time, what worries me more is googles policies. First it was the terribly stale white "snowflake" appearance change to youtube that still looks miserable. Then it was the "guilty till proven innocent" copyright claim system that is flagrantly abused like no ones business. Now the comment section is a spitting image of 4CHAN. This is just going down hill and google does not seem to give a damn.

tangoprime

Renegade Interrupt
May 5, 2011
Weaver said:
This system is the most clusterfucky, confusing, pointlessly convoluted piece of shit that's ever come out of either Google or old youtube. I can go into details if you want, but the system is a Frankensteined together mess of forcing you to use google+ and keeping your youtube channel how it is. It also decided to delete my youtube avatar because "fuck you" I believe was the official reasoning.
My thoughts exactly. It's almost as if they were trying to get people to stop having conversations in the comments, since replying to is a huge pain in the dick, you can't just expand the coversation anymore, as whenever you click on that "in response to" link it opens another instance of the video on a new page, and it looks like there are no more liking comments. I haven't bothered figuring it out, mostly because they can go fuck themselves. I deleted my youtube Avatar too, and intend to not take part in anything that uses google+ integration.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
I think my google account is linked to my youtube account.....I don't really keep track. I have 2 highly active google emails and a completely separate youtube account that I often log into at the same time, and I've never really noticed any changes since the switchover to G+. It was a bit of a pain at the beginning trying to get my youtube account to not show my G+ real name, but that was sorted out very quickly. I'm not even sure if my youtube account is linked to a G+. Nothing's ever come up and I get my usual notifications via email.