You've NEVER SEEN (Insert popular movie here)??!? Popular movies that you've never actually watched.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I have never seen Citizen Kane or Back to the Future.

What makes it worse is I own them both (all?) but still haven't watched them... :/

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
There are some, like Ben-Hur, that i just haven't gotten around to yet. Since i'm planning on watching them sooner or later i don't really think they count. So it gets a bit tougher but i can say for sure that i'm never going to watch any Hunger Games movie beyond the first one, i hated everything about it and don't see any reason to follow the series further. I'll probably also skip most series, haven't seen any episode of Breaking Bad and i don't think that is going to change, i just don't watch that many series to begin with.

But it's actually quite tough, i can't think of many important movies that i'm going to completely ignore.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I usually wait for movies to get aired on free tv channels, and so I'm always a few years behind in new films. I haven't seen most of the old classics like Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Gone With the Wind (all I had to do is check how long it was and run away), Lawrence of Arabia, anything by Kurosawa (almost never shown)... the list goes on. Newer examples include Titanic, Schindler's List, and Münich (which gets shown actually quite often, but I always skip it for some reason). Haven't seen The Room (why would anyone-), but I have seen Plan 9 from Outer Space! Now that's what I call a masterpiece!

Not avoiding them or anything really, but there's no time for every freakin' thing out there, is it?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
List of movies I've not seen despite being a sci-fi lover I've not seen Dune or Wall-E.
It's not that I don't have movies I don't love but I just don't like watching movies in general. If one is on? Sure I'll check it out, but it's rare I'll put one on.

It's something I thought was rare but I've found Yahtzee and I have the same issue, I'd rather play a game, interact with the medium and play it at my leisure instead of sitting on my hands for 2+ hours. Anyone else feel this way?

dancowan15

Apr 17, 2013
Any of the Godfather movies
Fight Club
Goodfellas
It's A Wonderful Life
Spirited Away
The Departed
Gladiator
The Shining
Citizen Kane
A Clockwork Orange

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Casablanca
Citizen Kane
Schindler's List
Back to the Future
Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
The Shining

And much much more, but mostly old/very old movies.

I don't think on planning to going back to watch them.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Vault101 said:
The Lego Movie- same deal some averge guy were all suposed to relte too gets the girl in the end, the girl relegated to side charachter

...yes in case your wondering I DID wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning
I really, REALLY hope that was just the bed talking- because you couldn't be more wrong about the Lego Movie. The girl is anything BUT a side character.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Oh man, I've got a laundry list of these. Mostly old ones from before I was alive though.

Casablanca
The Sound of Music
Psycho
Jaws
The Godfather
Blade Runner
Robocop
The Little Mermaid
Fight Club
Resevoir Dogs
Kill Bill
Dirty Dancing
The Lego Movie
Pretty much anything from Scorsese apart from Wolf of Wall Street.
Pretty much anything from Miyazaki apart from My Neighbor Totoro. I watched the first half of Spirited Away, but couldn't finish because the DVD was scratched.

Granted, these are just the ones I can name off the top of my head and have a vague interest in seeing. There are plenty more.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
Star Wars Episode 5 and 6
Django Unchained
Pulp Fiction
Godfather trilogy
Apocalypse Now
Gone With the Wind
Rocky movies
Alien movies
Nightmare on Elm Street movies
Friday the 13th movies

And that's just a small portion. I'm not that into watching movies so chances are, I'll never see half of these movies.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Yeah, I?ve only ever seen Episode IV of the Star Wars film series, and I didn?t think it was all that. I mean, I played with the toys round my primary school best friend?s house, and I know all the references, but the actual in-depth plot? Anything about the prequels beyond most fans hating it and some of the famous actors who played the roles (e.g. Natalie Portman, Samuel L. Jackson)? Nope.

Other films I?ve never seen are:
Top Gun
Mamma Mia
E.T.
Ghostbusters
The Mission Impossible films
Grease
the second two The Godfather films
Dr. Strangelove
Schlinder?s List
Apocalypse Now
Most of the classic horror films like The Exorcist and The Omen
Planet of the Apes
The Breakfast Club
Most of the Marvel films leading up to & including The Avengers
Frozen
Mulan (only caught the ending when it was shown on TV once)
The James Bond films (except Skyfall)
Groundhog Day
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
21 Jump Street (I have seen 22 Jump Street, though, which I found very funny)
Titanic
Blade Runner
Robocop
Django Unchained
Pretty much any Western

I have a friend who?s never seen any of the Back to the Future films, which I only found surprising because I?ve personally seen all three of them, like, a billion times.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
The Godfather Trilogy.
The Shining.
Taxi Driver.
2001 A Space Odyssey
Citizen Kane.
And a few other less notable titles.

I've watched a LOT of movies. I was reading trough all the above comments to see what titles I have not watched and these are the only ones (of worth) that I haven't watched.

I have a huge list of Garbage titles that I haven't watched. If it looks like a Turd from afar I probably haven't watched it.

Godfather 1 is on netflix, I should watch it tonight. I wish they would release the trilogy on Netflix in my region.

I suppose the biggest "You've NEVER seen it!?" moment I had with a friend was one who hadn't watched the original Star Wars films, yet sat trough the prequels. He was so broken by the prequels (1 and 2) that he gave up on star wars altogether.

Made him sit down and watch the original trilogy with me and a few friends one day and showed him what he was missing. Huge fan now.

His response the next day when we were talking about the films was "How the hell did he fuck up something so good and why did nobody stop him?". At which point I showed him the Plinkett reviews. He's a fan of that too now.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Funny, I never watched Dune also. Look very generic for me. Of course I MUST be wrong, but that how I feel right now.
What else:
.................well, I think nothing coming to my mind. I think I watch every single important, GOOD movies I know.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I just recently saw the first two Terminator films a few days ago, and the original RoboCop about a month or two ago. I probably haven't even seen a whole Star Wars film before.

I haven't seen any Alien films, any of those "Freddy" or "Jason" or whatever slasher films... Heck, I haven't even seen Frozen. It was never a priority.

Lilikins

Jan 16, 2014
hmm..I spose

Citizen Kane
Scott Pilgrim
Jacobs Ladder
Clockwork Orange
Casablanca

Sidenote: Jacobs Ladder and Clockwork Orange Id absolutely love to see, the other 3..for some reason, I donno. They just didnt interest me enough to watch them up to now even though Ive had the chances to do so.

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
Pulp Fiction
Brave New World

I had someone not talk to me for a couple hours because I told him I never seen Brave New World....
And I have absolutely no interest in seeing Pulp Fiction...

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Definitely The Godfather 1 and 2 for me. There's a lot of older classics I've not seen (Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone with the Wind) but the Godfather films consistently get the strongest reaction.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
The original 3 Star Wars movies.

Never seen them, and I'm an avid player of Star Wars the Old Republic. A lot of people find it nuts that I've never taken the time to watch them, but I enjoy the utter confusion and shock on peoples faces.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Godfather
Most of the Star Wars films (I 'watched' the series while grinding in some mmo.)

These two seem to be pretty popular, but i have no interest in watching them, i might have loved them when they were still fresh, but now it's nothing special, besides internet has spoiled everything about them years ago.

bbchain

May 6, 2013
*hides in bomb shelter*

Star Wars. Only ever seen Episode 3 when it came out on DVD and a friend promised me a face melting off. If that one is any indication of the quality of the hated prequel trilogy the originals have to be godly, cause i found it very enjoyable.