Yup, this is my hell.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Being left alone in my own mind and left to watch horror movies by myself. Or to watch them and fall asleep without something non horror after to clear my mind enough not to be driven mad and to hurt myself.

Or stuck watching shitty movies of books I absolutely adore. Including specific movies in franchises I love that the one movie is just terrible.

Either of those are my own personal hells.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Being trapped in a Kia Soul with a bunch of extreme religious fundamentalists on an endless highway with an eternal traffic jam.

The car radio only plays Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and The Black Eyed Peas.

Oct 10, 2011
I think my personal hell is oblivion. To not have a mind anymore is a horrible concept to me. Even fear of insanity and torture don't come anywhere near the terror I feel when I think of the void that I believe comes after death.

As for a hell that has a bit more... substance to it, I would have to say social interaction without any breaks or privacy whatsoever. I enjoy talking with people and I don't have any trouble with it, but after about an hour of being with people I usually wan't nothing more than to take a break for a bit by myself.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Alzheimer's and dementia. The thought of not being able to think or remember scares the living shit out of me. I've met a few people with Alzheimer's at various times and I just couldn't live like that.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
MarsAtlas said:
Probabaly falling endlessly. I've been through a lot of shit, but still nothing quite scares me as much as the sensation of falling.

-Dragmire- said:
I blame the book Flowers for Algernon.
That book made me cry ;_;
By the time I was reading the last few chapters, my eyes were wide and my grip on the book became shaky as a new fear of loosing my sense of perception began to take hold.

Credit to the book though for being able to pull me in like that.

On another note, endlessly falling dreams are some of my favorite. The feeling of falling and flipping around without the fear of ever hitting something is awesome to me. I can mess with my sense of balance as I lie in bed which means that I can bring that gut wrenching feeling of vertigo making the dream feel real.

... Well, I find it fun.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
My personal hell would be normal, everyday life.

See, being chased by monsters or facing ludicrous hazards is scary and all, but you could eventually find a way to over come them. Or, you would falter and die. But for me, there's something far worse.

Basically, having to live out a normal, humdrum day; repeated ad infinitum. Think of the film, Groundhog Day, only you can never escape.

THAT would be my personal hell.

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
My personal hell, Simple

being forced to watch moe harem crap for years on end while having a much of stereotypical hikkiomori and weeaboos talk about how "kawaii" the girls are and how they want to screw them

yeah, despite my love of anime, I really hate the direction the industry is going and the community's more repugnant members

This scene comes to mind

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Stuck in an elevator that plays nothing but bad (is there even good?) disco, horrible muzak translations of good songs and NPR talk radio. And even if I find a way out of the elevator I only get stuck in yet another somehow. Thats hell.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Being in an unclean, high-traffic public bathroom that has no doors on the stalls (they exist in some male bathrooms. Crazy, I know).

I'm extremely bladder shy and even more bowel shy in public restrooms. Even with one person in the room and me in a stall I find it difficult; a crowded restroom where people can see me though? Forget about it.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Being tracked by someone out of sight, but I know they're nearby. If I've ever actually seen them, they have no eyes.
That they have no kind of visual perception and just a blank spot of skin makes it so uncanny valley for me--they have no eyes, but they can still see, and hunt me.
Basically, slender man: 2spooky4me.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Just a quick list:

Being blind.
Buried alive.
Homeless.
Spider party.
Living in a haunted house where ghosts constantly wake you up by screaming right next to your face.
Eternal loading screens.
Being in the middle of a large body of water where large, unidentifiable creatures are swimming beneath me.
Power outages.
Forced to play nothing but Superman 64 for the rest of my life.
Anything with giant squids.
Getting Cancer.
Eternal Summer.
A world where Christmas is cancelled.
Stuck in heavy traffic in 95 degree temperature without air conditioning.(which is called Summer in Southern California)

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
As Jean-Paul Sartre said, "L'enfer, c'est les autres" - "Hell is other people". So my own personal Hell would be being stuck in crowds of people with no way to get away from them at all.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Haunted Serenity said:
Having memory that only lasts until I go to sleep and when I wake up I can't remember anything that happened before I went to sleep.
You know I always found 50 First Dates sort of dark in that sense. I mean the girl always forgets each and every day. Can you imagine being in her shoes and going to sleep when you're say 20 and waking up to find that you're now 6 months pregnant with the child of a man you never met before? Going to sleep and waking up on a boat. Going to sleep and being woken up by your 9 year old that you didn't have the day before. Waking up only to learn that your father died several years ago. Going to sleep and waking up to find that you're now 70 years old.

Literally nothing can be accomplished. And she's always waking up to meet new people. Her husband. Her children. To me that movie was never really sweet or funny. I can't imagine living like that. Even a vacation would be frightening.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Getting one or two things at the store during a busy part and being stuck behind a long line of people getting two carts worth of stuff and the self-check being run by incompetent morons who don't know how to scan items.

That's... probably the most mundane ring of hell I can think of for myself and that's excluding fears or more sensible things I hate such as nihilistic future aspects and not being able to find exactly what I'm looking for when I see people running around WITH exactly what I'm looking for.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
The episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, entitled Tapestry [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapestry_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)], wherein Captain Picard "travels" to an alternate time line wherein changes in his past have utterly destroyed his previous life and accomplishments, leaving him an obscure nobody of an Ensign.

I, too, would "rather die as 'Captain of the Enterprise' than live a life of obscurity."

Knowing that I can't do either, and that it is almost entirely my own fault, is my personal hell.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Tahaneira said:
Going to a club. Or a dance party. Basically, anything that involves being packed into a crowded, extremely loud room with a lot of people I don't know.
The same, except modify it to a club with shitty music, 20 ? drinks, having no earplugs, no friends to talk to and no way of getting out. I like going to clubs from time to time, but most often the music they play is so terrible I just want to get out of there.

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Being unable to be heard, seen, or touched (I suppose smell and taste apply, too. Weirdo.).

It sounds incredibly vain at first, but to be surrounded by people, be alive, and yet so utterly and helplessly alone, would be a very special kind of soul-crushing.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Probably much the same as the OP, with like, billions of normal sized spiders. Like a ball pit from Satan's playground.