Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
It will also have some of the non colour changed shots and already filmed shots and sequences not used in the Whedon cut. Basically apparently a lot was on the cutting room floor after the Whedon cut version came out.

Also it seems to be bringing back the plot that was cut from the Whedon version of Darkseid coming to Earth as the big bad.
All of which is material that was considered not good enough for the original cut, again I fail to see how this makes much of a difference, also the Snyder Cut of Batman V Superman was absolute garbage too, so again, why are people exited for this?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Has it been long enough since his loss for it to be okay to say I kind of want to slap him?
Depends on who you ask, but it's fine, he's being a massively pretentious twat.
"Go back to your corner kiddies, my movie about men with superpowers in brightly coloured leotards is the only one that's for grown ups!"

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
People are now gonna hold that tweet against him forever. I disagree with all the hate people are giving him now over that tweet.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Seeing the Tweet itself, the response is more people standing up for Snyder saying how much of a badass he is for saying this.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Come on, zack, you're better than this. I know you lost someone close to you, but an attitude like that needs to stop.
Your defending Scott Mendelson of all people? That guy is a shill. I hated his articles in Forbes.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
People are now gonna hold that tweet against him forever. I disagree with all the hate people are giving him now over that tweet.
That tweet is just a single exhibit in Snyder's troublingly juvenile behavior. Which is to say nothing of my opinions of his movies. "Yes, Zack, this looks cool in slo-mo, but can we please advance the fucking plot?"

Seeing the Tweet itself, the response is more people standing up for Snyder saying how much of a badass he is for saying this.
We expect that of Zack Snyder fans. A lot of people mistake bluster for charisma or moral conviction.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
That tweet is just a single exhibit in Snyder's troublingly juvenile behavior. Which is to say nothing of my opinions of his movies. "Yes, Zack, this looks cool in slo-mo, but can we please advance the fucking plot?"

We expect that of Zack Snyder fans. A lot of people mistake bluster for charisma or moral conviction.
I am amazed even he has that large enough a fanbase, I thought I was alone in liking his filmography.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I am amazed even he has that large enough a fanbase, I thought I was alone in liking his filmography.
Surprise. Regardless of what I and other critics think of Snyder's movies, they keep getting made because there's a market for them. That said, Snyder has had a couple of box office flops at this point, so he's probably lost clout with the studio system and may have to bump back down to lower-level productions to pay those dues. Which is not about him personally, that's how the studio system works. If you helmed a couple of bombs, you go to smaller budget filmmaking for a while to rebuild trust with the studios.

There are exceptions. Scorsese for example can get just about anything greenlit because even if he puts out a few clunkers he'll still put out a masterpiece again sooner or later. Of course, few filmmakers have a filmography as full of classics and highlights as Scorsese. That kind of clout is real hard to come by and takes a long time to build up.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Surprise. Regardless of what I and other critics think of Snyder's movies, they keep getting made because there's a market for them. That said, Snyder has had a couple of box office flops at this point, so he's probably lost clout with the studio system and may have to bump back down to lower-level productions to pay those dues. Which is not about him personally, that's how the studio system works. If you helmed a couple of bombs, you go to smaller budget filmmaking for a while to rebuild trust with the studios.

There are exceptions. Scorsese for example can get just about anything greenlit because even if he puts out a few clunkers he'll still put out a masterpiece again sooner or later. Of course, few filmmakers have a filmography as full of classics and highlights as Scorsese. That kind of clout is real hard to come by and takes a long time to build up.
Well, I have been hoping that he tackles something else beyond the DC Superheroes by now.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Well, I have been hoping that he tackles something else beyond the DC Superheroes by now.
Is he still attached to do a remake of The Fountainhead? I have no plans to see that whatsoever because Ayn Rand and I go together like pure sodium and water, but it finally seems like a perfect match of director and subject matter.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Is he still attached to do a remake of The Fountainhead? I have no plans to see that whatsoever because Ayn Rand and I go together like pure sodium and water, but it finally seems like a perfect match of director and subject matter.
I'm familiar with Ayn Randian philosophy, there's nothing Randian about Snyder.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Your defending Scott Mendelson of all people? That guy is a shill. I hated his articles in Forbes.
I don't know who Scott even is. I was referring to Zack. didn't have to say that this is a superhero moves for adults in his tweet?

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
I'm familiar with Ayn Randian philosophy, there's nothing Randian about Snyder.
That's probably because, watching Zack Snyder's movies, I don't believe he has a coherent life philosophy. He just takes bits and pieces of what sound good to him, Ayn Rand included, and sort of Frankensteins them together. He's not unique in this regard, a lot of people do that. It does however tend to hold one back when your job is creativity and art.