Zelda Boss Reveals Skyward Sword Details

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
In other news, I notice the pic has a sheild meter?

Whats this about, I havent been following the game too closly.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
zombie711 said:
There something that should be mentioned here.
For anyone who wants to practice skyward sowrd before it comes out, play wii sports resort.
All the motions are used.
the bombs are used like in bowling and basketball.
the swords are used like in swordplay.
the bow is used like in archery
the weird bug tool is used like in air sports
You also fall out of the sky in both games so theres that.

OT: very happy about this news. Still I wounder if its going to be a sandbox type zelda like what was once hinted.
I thought the archery sucked in Wii Sports Resort, the rest was good though.

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
zombie711 said:
well this new zelda hinted at being a sandbox type game.
That'd be pretty awesome... but it looks to be primarily hub-based. I guess I'm just wait for a Zelda game that's a little more serious. If previously asked to imagine a Zelda game centred around the creation of the Master Sword I would have said "Awesome HD action adventure exploring the land of Hyrule before the rise of Ganon" not "Cellshaded motion-plus fest with a highschool drama story line".

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
Fusioncode9 said:
Damn with the 50$ I'm going to spend on the game and the extra 40$ for Wii motion plus, then this game is going to set me back 90$.
The bundled version(which come with a gold wiimote plus) probably won't run more than $60-$70.
Just sayin.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Mutie said:
zombie711 said:
well this new zelda hinted at being a sandbox type game.
That'd be pretty awesome... but it looks to be primarily hub-based. I guess I'm just wait for a Zelda game that's a little more serious. If previously asked to imagine a Zelda game centred around the creation of the Master Sword I would have said "Awesome HD action adventure exploring the land of Hyrule before the rise of Ganon" not "Cellshaded motion-plus fest with a highschool drama story line".
Well we are still on the Wii here. And Cell shaded is the way they have to go. A lot of complaints about the graphics and I agree, but I will sayt that this looks better in motion then in stills from what I have seen. But why would you imagine HD on the Wii?

In any case they are NOT going to change the basic formula of a zelda game. They just arent.
Isnt every sandbox game just a series of fetch quests anyway? Sometime replace fetch with kill this or talk to that...

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
TerribleAssassin said:
Time to use the Wii again...
My wii is a permanent Netflix streaming device in the kids room. Sometimes used to play mario party of Paper mario...Thats it.

The question is, do I move it to my 65" or leave it on the 27" crt...it will probably look better smaller.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I certainly like the sound of the new features they added to this version of Legend of Zelda. I'm guessing the Lord Ghiraham fights will probable be you trying to fend him off for a limited time if he cannot be defeated just yet.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Well, while this is a interesting change of pace, Im not completely sold yet. The story may have changed a little, but it still seems to be the "Save Zelda, Save the World" bit...

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Oh man, a high school drama setting? I've never been much of a fan of the Zelda series, but that just sounds stupid.

AyreonMaiden

Sep 24, 2010
Everyone bitching about "high school drama" and other things ahead of time, two words.

Wind Waker.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
. . . . . . . .so. It's not Ganon for once?

the Demon Lords are being controlled by Ganon?

Either way. You still do not have my money.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Players will get to see a lot of Skyloft, as, much like Clock Town in Majora's Mask
COOL! I loved clock town. Maybe this will make the chaos that was hyrule castle town in Twilight Princess seem more like a lively like... Well... The clock town in Majora's mask!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Players will get to see a lot of Skyloft, as, much like Clock Town in Majora's Mask, it will serve as a hub location for the game, and many of its inhabitants will get caught up in the main story.
Let's just hope that will be the only comparison that can be drawn between this and Majora's Mask, which I consider tied with Phantom Hourglass for my "Worst Zelda Game Ever" award.

Paragon Fury said:
Nah, Link-Fry does:

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Interesting. I'm sold regardless, but I look forward to seeing what comes of this. Perhaps Link will acquire a legion of fangirls that he may manipulate as he pleases, possibly in the style of Ezio in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

antigodoflife

Nov 12, 2009
Speakercone said:
Do they really need to market this anymore? All they need to do is say "new Zelda game" and watch people like me make preorders a year in advance :p
Or Two and half years in advance in Twilight Princess's case.

mjc0961 said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Players will get to see a lot of Skyloft, as, much like Clock Town in Majora's Mask, it will serve as a hub location for the game, and many of its inhabitants will get caught up in the main story.
Let's just hope that will be the only comparison that can be drawn between this and Majora's Mask, which I consider tied with Phantom Hourglass for my "Worst Zelda Game Ever" award.
Really, it's personally my all time favourite game in my all time favourite video game series. So technically with that it should be my favourite game of all time... hmm...

mjc0961 said:
Paragon Fury said:
Nah, Link-Fry does:
Hehehe (immature giggles)