Zelda-Loving Dads Turn Nursery Into Hyrule

ColeBradburn

Jun 19, 2012
@StriderShinryu - you are right, I answer that over in the comments on my blog, as I worded it wrong in the text.
"Yeah, I may have not worded that right. My wife and I had already decided on those three values once we found out we were pregnant (before we knew gender). If it was a girl I think I would have used a different theme to convey them instead of a train and ship. Not saying the train and ship wouldn't have worked, I just would have centered the theme more around Zelda (or her pirate alter ego Tetra) rather than Link."

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
My only thing is... why did he only do it as soon as they found out they were having a boy? Girls like Zelda too. He could have made it for either. That kind of annoyed me. Awesome work, though. (No, I'd rather not start an issue over it.)

Edit: Cole explained right above me... all is good.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
Its cool but I was expecting a little more like a crib that looks like the king of red lions or a treasure chest toy box.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Troll Dad installs alarm clock that goes "HEY, LISTEN!" on repeat.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
"As soon as I found out we were having a boy I knew I wanted his room to inspire adventure, creativity, and exploration,"
Good thing I looked ahead to see that someone said this was addressed on his blog. I looked at it and it is. I had a gender stereotype rant lined up that involved a Cooking Mama theme, but I'll have to keep it to myself.

Sweet room, I wish I could have had something like that when I was younger.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Uh, I don't see what having a little Boy has to do with it, but anyway...

awesome room, if I didn't have such a crappy landlord my Daughter would insist on a room like that, except covered in MLP.