Zelda Warriors?!

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
McMarbles said:
Well, Jim's gonna be happy, at least.
Let me quote his facebook: "MY FUCKING GOD, NINTENDO! HYRULE WARRIORS? HAVE IT ALL! HAVE EVERY COIN I HAVE! TAKE EVERY MONEY I EVER WILL HAVE!"

So yeah, he will be. :3

OT: I look so much forward to this that I can hardly express it in words. I love me some dynasty warriors! And Zelda, so yaay!

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Fappy said:
This was really out of nowhere.
You know, we can only say this, because there has been an astounding lack of variety (at least in terms of genres treaded) for Legend of Zelda.

But yea, I'm psyched for this too. I think Tecmo can pull off the variety needed, as well; they've had plenty of practice through the iterations (did any of the DW's have online coop?)

DrOswald said:
Literally the last thing you wanted from the Zelda series? So if they made, say, Tingle all the way (A festive animated Zelda Christmas special) you would be happier with it? What about Hyrule High, the offical Zelda visual novel, featuring 10 different romance paths!
Or how about Zelda beach volleyball? Link would look fantastic in his triforce speedo.

STAHP.

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
And... who asked for this?

Whatever. I hope Nintendo puts more depth into the gameplay than the typical Musou game does at least.

Grace_Omega

Dec 7, 2013
I've never touched the Dynasty Warriors series, but this makes me at least interested, and it's nice to see the Zelda franchise take a radically different approach.

Exhuminator said:
And... who asked for this?
I am intrigued by this idea that developers are only allowed to make games their fans have been clamouring for.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Ipsen said:
DrOswald said:
Literally the last thing you wanted from the Zelda series? So if they made, say, Tingle all the way (A festive animated Zelda Christmas special) you would be happier with it? What about Hyrule High, the offical Zelda visual novel, featuring 10 different romance paths!
Or how about Zelda beach volleyball? Link would look fantastic in his triforce speedo.

STAHP.
But now we have the Christmas special, a visual novel, and the beach episode. And Nintendo already handled the manga and violent remakes, all we need is the magical girl spin off and we have the complete set!

I'm thinking "Midna: Magical Mayhem", but we could also make it about Tetra. She does, after all, already have a magical girl transformation sequence.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
If its as bad as any of the Dantasy warrior games or clones I will pass. Having enough trouble with FOTNS..........

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
Grace_Omega said:
I am intrigued by this idea that developers are only allowed to make games their fans have been clamouring for.
Howabout the idea that once upon a time Nintendo games were being imitated, but now Nintendo's the one doing the imitating [http://www.giantbomb.com/musou/3025-704/games/].

Grace_Omega said:
it's nice to see the Zelda franchise take a radically different blatant rip off approach
Fixed that for you.

suntt123

Jun 3, 2013
Exhuminator said:
Grace_Omega said:
Howabout the idea that once upon a time Nintendo games were being imitated, but now Nintendo's the one doing the imitating [http://www.giantbomb.com/musou/3025-704/games/].

Grace_Omega said:
it's nice to see the Zelda franchise take a radically different blatant rip off approach
Fixed that for you.
Uhh you realize this is a collaborative title, yes? As in collaborating with Tecmo Koei? As in collaborating with the guys who own the Warriors series?

EDIT:
And as far as Nintendo being imitated goes:
Touch Controls for consoles
Motion Controls for consoles
Tablet Controlers for consoles

All being ripped-off. The universe is in order. You can relax.

Grace_Omega

Dec 7, 2013
Exhuminator said:
Grace_Omega said:

Grace_Omega said:
Fixed that for you.
The game is being made by the developers of the Dynasty Warriors franchise, did you not read that part?

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
Yes I know this one is in tandem with Tecmo Koei. That's because Tecmo Koei are the kings of Musuo style games. There are lots of Musuo style games with whatever style skin on top in Japan. There's been One Piece, Gundam, Fist Of The North Star... and in this case it's Zelda flavored Musuo. Perhaps Western gamers don't realize just how unimaginative and lowbrow this is, simply because Musuo isn't a huge genre in the West like it is in Japan.

maconlon439

Nov 16, 2011
About time something like this happened, since the Zelda series had spent years building up a dense mythology around it. About time it went into some other genre then the standard Zelda Formula. I'll probably rent it first.