Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Ooooh, I get it!

I have no idea what I'm getting, though, other than that it's a convoluted, tangled, haphazard mess involving crossed gamestreams and kittehs.

Put like that, I don't think I need to know much else, actually.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
The knotted paradox of time... is full of cats. Clearly LolCats are destroying the fabric of time. Time to bust out eh flux capacitor and stop the beginning of this plague!
*speeds off at 88 MPH*

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Braid dude, the Prince, Kain and cats... this has got to be some serious shit.

Prince of Persia wasn't that confusing... but it certainly got batshit crazy in Warrior Within, but I insist it wasn't confusing... Legacy of Kain on the other hand... that may be the very definition of confusing.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Grey Carter said:
I may have vastly overestimated the percentage of our audience that's played Zero Escape.
I regularly won't have played the games used in the strip, but this is one of the first times I haven't even heard of the game mentioned.

But from the strip I gather the ending is a massive clusterf*ck.

RaeAlethea

Feb 25, 2012
Eleuthera said:
Grey Carter said:
I may have vastly overestimated the percentage of our audience that's played Zero Escape.
I regularly won't have played the games used in the strip, but this is one of the first times I haven't even heard of the game mentioned.

But from the strip I gather the ending is a massive clusterf*ck.
It doesn't help that its setting up for a sequel. Sigh....but seriously, if you own a DS, go play 999, then play this game.

gamerguy20097

Jun 14, 2011
zero escape is a visual novel, aka it requires reading and not mindless shooting. Of course the amount of people on the escapist that have played it and enjoyed its wonderful plot is minuscule. You need to be able to appreciate its lovely narrative and how can you when you can turn off your brain and pop in a mindless shooter like gears and CoD.

The fact the game is also available on the 3ds,; a Nintendo handheld makes the game less than desirable. I mean Nintendo is treated as bad as E.A even though it never deserves it here on the forums, so of course zero escape isn't appreciated.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
It can't be that bad if it ends up in paradoxes with cats.

Also I think the expression at the end is perfect.

Suicidejim

Jul 1, 2011
I just finished that game. My experience was roughly similar, although my middle finger was firmly outstretched for the last 20 minutes or so, and there was a lot more swearing.

For the rest of eternity, whenever somebody says that, say, 'Inception' was complicated, they will be found the next morning with this game embedded in their skull. This is Inception and Memento's bastard lovechild, who has been raised on a strict diet of quantum physics and Saw movies.

Soeroah

Aug 24, 2011
Suicidejim said:
I just finished that game. My experience was roughly similar, although my middle finger was firmly outstretched for the last 20 minutes or so, and there was a lot more swearing.

For the rest of eternity, whenever somebody says that, say, 'Inception' was complicated, they will be found the next morning with this game embedded in their skull. This is Inception and Memento's bastard lovechild, who has been raised on a strict diet of quantum physics and Saw movies.
Oooh, sweet. Now I'm really looking forward to playing. Loved the first game and I've heard this game's story is even better, for those who enjoyed the first.

Time to avoid spoilers.