Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

flaming_squirrel

Jun 28, 2008
Roffey123 said:
Galaxy613 said:
The_Oracle said:
The last bit of this latest ZP video crossed the line, IMHO. It was just something you shouldn't really joke about.
Yeah, definitely. There is no way in hell someone who is not a black person, should even be allowed to allude to the word ******. Black people however, are not barred what so ever and are not looked down upon using the word.
Well if you think THAT'S the case then you should definately never watch Blazing Saddles then.
The first time I watched blazing saddles was with a black friend (I had no idea what to expect). Only about 15 at the time, was wondering if it was such a good idea after the first 5 or so 'n***ers', especially with the old man and the town bell.
Haven't spoken to him for a few years now, never asked if he found it offensive...

Loved the review though, but fucking hell, it's the Internet guys. If you're that easily offended get the fuck off of it and go back to your padded cell and pre-school books.
By being obviously offended and displaying your displeasure at such a heinous act you merely encourage people to do it more often.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
South Park did this first to any ZP fanboys worshipping his clever ploy...but it was a good review

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
ROFL Lara/Laura Croft found a new husband up until the last word was cut off I thought he meant to say "nitwit."

properturnip

Mar 30, 2009
Great ZP, really funny as usual. Wondering if Yahtzee is gonna get in trouble for that last bit... It really bothers me that people post on these forums ranting about how Yahtzee's opinion is apparently so wrong. For a start, it's his opinion, so leave him be! If he doesn't like a game then fine for him, doesn't stop you liking it. If you have a problem with him, let HIM know. Also I'm sure there are people out there who watch his videos for a laugh and not to find out whether or not they should play a game or not. And even if you heartily disagree with every line he says, you have to admit he's seriously good at making people laugh.

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
Hey hey hey!!! He said "Nincompoop", dudes. "Nincompoop" Besides, I got the impression that Yahtzee wasn't looking at this game, particularly the story content, as being more than a tongue-in-cheek game that takes itself too seriously for the sake of 50 Cents rep. There have been only two games based on musicians that have been any good at all, and they are Wu-Tang Shaolin Style and Moonwalker. 50 Cent making a game that just shows him running amuck as a free-to-be thug is beyond imbecilic, and is capitalizing on a social existence that is criminal, parasitic, and completely devoid of any social value whatsoever.

There is no reason why anyone should take this game seriously. Keeping that in mind, Yahtzee toed the line, but stayed on this side of appropriate.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
It was rather unfortunate for my monitor that I had a half chewed bite of ham sandwich in my mouth when I got to the end of this episode.

THANKS YAHTZEE!

No really, thanks. That was hilarious.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I've ALWAYS hated rappers, and let me tell you Yahtzee actually described pretty much the exact reason I hate them and even how it isn't really a good life in the long run. What Yahtzee said is pretty much every reason I hate rappers and he said it better than I ever could.

TheSKSpecial

Mar 7, 2008
Samoftherocks said:
There have been only two games based on musicians that have been any good at all, and they are Wu-Tang Shaolin Style and Moonwalker.
Def Jam Vendetta and Fight For New York say hi.

Tddawg25

Apr 4, 2009
I'm black ... and i laughed until i cried at the end. Lolz best ending ever, especially with all of the "I'm not racist" build up throughout the video. Nice one Yahtzee.

TheZaius

May 7, 2008
The best part is that he didn't actually say the word at the end. It was cut out on purpose. That's better than anyone else who says the word multiple times without any censorship, unless they're being forced to.

Rad619619

Mar 21, 2009
I've never played the game, and I certainly will not because its most likely just like all those good for nothing games of new Disney movies. I completely agree on how Hip Hop isn't exacly a black thing (I still think it is the music genre of failures and I hate it) and I agree with your last statement, the one you didn't finish.