Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Whiskyjakk

Apr 10, 2008
Snotnarok said:
The end, oh man the end hurt my lungs I was laughing so hard. After all the silly "I'm not racist comments" (of course I don't think he is) but man that was classic. Maybe more than the other one "Hitler was right" bit on the other video.
Well his name does rhyme with Nahtzee ...

Fenavian

Mar 19, 2009
As a black man who was one of the few who didn't find Resident Evil 5 racist in any way shape or form, I found this review immensely hilarious. Call me crazy, but I find satire funny. Maybe it's because I am not one of those overly sensitive people...

Xenon Pretzel

Mar 20, 2008
Jallis370 said:
When is he gonna start doing the music part in the beginning and end of the vids? I miss it... The videos aren't as great without the nice music, now we have to listen to this damn heavy whatnot every time. Yes I can skip it but I didnt have to before because I LIKED the part I now have to skip... Yahtzee has gone and done what games do in the end; repeat itself...
We've sorted this out ages ago, everyone else got over it and he's not changing now.

Another case of a brilliant video but a useless review. Not that that's a bad thing, I prefer funnies over information. It's not like I was going to buy this game anyway, I didn't even know it existed until now.

peterrflynn

Jul 16, 2008
What a funny review. I must admit I paused the video to see what the picture was that kept flashing up (and was surpised to see it said exactly what was planted in my head) - well done - thats a good subliminal message!

Back on fine form - take it you got your air conditioning fixed.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Quite frankly I expected more of an attack on Rap music rather than the actual game on this review, and I wasn't disappointed. Congratulations Yahtzee, now I dislike you more, but what does that matter with the thousands of sheep fans you have on here?

Whiskyjakk said:
Snotnarok said:
The end, oh man the end hurt my lungs I was laughing so hard. After all the silly "I'm not racist comments" (of course I don't think he is) but man that was classic. Maybe more than the other one "Hitler was right" bit on the other video.
Well his name does rhyme with Nahtzee ...
Have you seen that video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

shawn struck

Mar 19, 2009
Mr0llivand3r said:
HAHAHAH OH NO HE DI-INT!!!

that was a great one. :)

please let there be at least one black person who gets generally offended by this review... PLEASE!!!

it would only make the "Not Racist" subliminal messages in the review all the more funny
I've lurked for forever-billonty years, and this comment finally prompted me to register.

Why in the hell would you wish for that? That's messed up.

Sir Isaac

Aug 24, 2007
Mutatismutandis said:
Wow, it's pretty funny how you judge an entire group of people based on the fictional depiction of a single individual in a computer generated environment. It's supremely comical that everyone is quick to criticize 50 cent for a game that received the green light by white business executives. It's absolutely hilarious that the consumer base that keeps rap afloat in the first place is the middle class white demographic. It is truly side splitting that you all think referring to black people as the N-word is just a harmless joke when we all know it is a racial slur developed in an archaic time in American history. But it is quite sad that I actually told my friends about how funny you are and that I thought race wasn't and issue anymore and that I assumed you of all people wouldn't compare a previously die hard fan to a fucking 50 Cent video game. Congratulations Yahtzee you have successfully alienated a few more human beings from each other and turned a shitty video game into a reminder of the negative aspects of human nature.
I think that you got it wrong - he is not judging anyone of a particular ethnic group or race. Remember that the video is designed as SATIRE. If you take his outrageous social comments at face value, then they make no comedic sense. More than anything, he is using something akin to Reductio ad absurdum (Latin for "reduction to the absurd") to demonstrate how stupid racists, whether the hidden or overt types, are.

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
Yahtzee was going to say "But what would they know about work the lazy nigmenogs" but he got cut off.
Nigmenog defenition: a very silly felllow
I am that 1 black guy from the interwebs(you may have heard of me) and I have no qualms with this video. I LQTM'd more than usual.

shawn struck

Mar 19, 2009
Sir Isaac said:
Mutatismutandis said:
Wow, it's pretty funny how you judge an entire group of people based on the fictional depiction of a single individual in a computer generated environment. It's supremely comical that everyone is quick to criticize 50 cent for a game that received the green light by white business executives. It's absolutely hilarious that the consumer base that keeps rap afloat in the first place is the middle class white demographic. It is truly side splitting that you all think referring to black people as the N-word is just a harmless joke when we all know it is a racial slur developed in an archaic time in American history. But it is quite sad that I actually told my friends about how funny you are and that I thought race wasn't and issue anymore and that I assumed you of all people wouldn't compare a previously die hard fan to a fucking 50 Cent video game. Congratulations Yahtzee you have successfully alienated a few more human beings from each other and turned a shitty video game into a reminder of the negative aspects of human nature.
I think that you got it wrong - he is not judging anyone of a particular ethnic group or race. Remember that the video is designed as SATIRE. If you take his outrageous social comments at face value, then they make no comedic sense. More than anything, he is using something akin to Reductio ad absurdum (Latin for "reduction to the absurd") to demonstrate how stupid racists, whether the hidden or overt types, are.
Intent doesn't mitigate impact, tough.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
YEHHHHHHH..... wait a sec I don't listen to rap... or hip-hop. I probably wouldn't care for the game but the review was well done keep it up Boss.

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Jallis370 said:
When is he gonna start doing the music part in the beginning and end of the vids? I miss it... The videos aren't as great without the nice music, now we have to listen to this damn heavy whatnot every time. Yes I can skip it but I didnt have to before because I LIKED the part I now have to skip... Yahtzee has gone and done what games do in the end; repeat itself...
Yes, I am sure it had nothing to with whoever owns the rights to the music he used to put on before/after. /rolleyes

Fenavian

Mar 19, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Quite frankly I expected more of an attack on Rap music rather than the actual game on this review, and I wasn't disappointed. Congratulations Yahtzee, now I dislike you more, but what does that matter with the thousands of sheep fans you have on here?
But let's be honest here, you will likely be back every week no matter how much you despise him. That's why Howard Stern is so famous.

Danarok

Oct 19, 2008
Very funny, especially the ending. Just the idea of taking control of 50 Cent playing out an indignant gangsta' breaking out a revenge bloodfest on thieves who had the audacity to knick his top bling is ridiculous.

Joreal

May 7, 2008
You know, it really says something about Yahtzee when I first have my desktop set as Black Yahtzee saying "OH LAWDY AH IS SHO' GONNA RAPE SOME WHITE WIMMIN'", and now it's him and some brownish guy with "NOT RACIST" in all caps at the top with an arrow pointing directly at him. Seriously though, how many times does he have to flash that picture before people start going "Is he really? Is he trying too hard to make us believe he's not racist? What does that say about him"

I loved the bit about him dressing like an eccentric old lady.

Mutatismutandis

Mar 19, 2009
Ultimately Yahtzee was wrong for criticizing rap because not all rap belittles women, just the stuff that the WHITE record execs allow to be played on the radio and sold in the stores. Yahtzee was also wrong for criticizing 50 cent because 50 cent went from a poor fatherless and eventually motherless black kid to a self-made millionaire in one of the toughest cities in America, something I doubt any of these posters could pull off in a hundred lifetimes. Yahtzee was wrong to bring up black people in general because one person cannot represent millions. I wonder if he thinks we all have a universal hive mind that dictates our actions because that's essentially what racism implies.

Yahtzee is right that this GAME is probably crap, but is wrong to derive any insights to race, rap, or 50 cent from it. Maybe you should criticize game execs for having this be the only game featuring a black main protagonist and not another white clone male or over sexualized 14 year old japanese female. Btw the last games I can remember with a non white or non childlike asian slut lead were the first two prince of persias and now guess what? the third has a blued eyed cloned ****** on it.