Zero Punctuation: Age of Conan

KillapleX

Jul 2, 2008
haha nice one dude :)
I never really go into the Hipe we had here in the Uk about Age of Conan? oh well ..

StatikShock

Mar 18, 2008
I definitely have to agree with the necromancer sentiment. Stupid minions take up too much screen space. IMO, AoC got released without enough play testing. Or with beta testers who were (to quote Yahtzee) Pants-on-head-retarded. NEEDS MORE MINIONS. WHO WANTS STRONGER MINIONS WHEN YOU CAN HAVE MOAR?

After the comment about AoC a few videos back, I really wasn't expecting this one. I enjoyed it, although I don't think it was one of the best (reviews).

Darren Grey

Dec 2, 2007
Funny to see this when The Escapist is fully skinned in Age of Conan ads... Decent review, but could have torn it to shreds more. I guess it would end up as general MMO bashing though, which while enjoyable has already been done.

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
Funny funny funny, as always. And your dead on about MMORPG's. I dont hate them either, playing them can be fun when your in the right mind-set. But I do hate how they treat their players, WoW has stolen some of my dearest friends away from not only me, but their familys and girlfriends aswell.

Cheers Yahtzee

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Goenitz said:
Funny funny funny, as always. And your dead on about MMORPG's. I dont hate them either, playing them can be fun when your in the right mind-set. But I do hate how they treat their players, WoW has stolen some of my dearest friends away from not only me, but their familys and girlfriends aswell.

Cheers Yahtzee
Don't blame the game mate. I played wow more than was good for me, and you can't blame the game, the only one to blame is your own weak will.

David_Cat

Jul 2, 2008
Aries_Split said:
David_Cat said:
Spinwhiz said:
David_Cat said:
This is going to rock! As usual
Are you telling me you made this post even before you watched it?
Yes, that is why I said "This is GOING to rock" rather that "This DOES rock"
Which is why you are now going to be banned. Good bye!
Well, if one gets banned on these forums for predicting that a feature is Going To Rock, then by all means ban me.

Chromed

Feb 19, 2007
After this i'm really waiting for a good smackdown of EVE from Yahtzee. Or a loving. I don't know... Would be interesting to see nonetheless.

AoC was a very strange experience... It was trying to make the gameplay into something it's not, and that wore me out after just a week or 2 of casual (!) play. WoW is simply better at it, it doesn't try to hide it.

AngryMan

Mar 26, 2008
Funny as always. ^_^

For my part, there's only one MMO that I have really had time for, namely EVE Online. AoC completely failed to grab my attention at all, and from the looks of this review that state of affairs won't be changing any time soon.

I wonder if there's a way to design an MMO that encourages actual intelligent behaviour in its players? It'd be the breakthrough of all time...

And honestly, I'd prefer Yahtzee didn't review EVE. He might not like it, and then I'd have to battle the urge to write and patiently explain all its good points. I don't want to be one of those people.

emytzu

Apr 6, 2008
I had a feeling you were going to review this.
But i'm still waiting for a Nimja Gaiden 2 review.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Best review in a while and I find it adoreable that Yahtzee is finaly coming to terms that he doesn't just think WoW is a good game, he actualy seems to like it.

Totallyfolked

Mar 18, 2008
hehehe I liked the midsomer murders reference, the TV equivalent of of an MMO, boring, repetitive and making what 2 hours of your life back.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
David_Cat said:
Aries_Split said:
David_Cat said:
Spinwhiz said:
David_Cat said:
Well, if one gets banned on these forums for predicting that a feature is Going To Rock, then by all means ban me.
Well, predicting that ZP is going to rock is like predicting the sun will set today.

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
Couldn't agree with him more. Age of Conan= Another boring MMORPG with the same fetch missions and design flaws.

David_Cat

Jul 2, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
David_Cat said:
Aries_Split said:
David_Cat said:
Spinwhiz said:
David_Cat said:
Well, predicting that ZP is going to rock is like predicting the sun will set today.
Yes, but banning someone for stating the obvious sounds very Fascist.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
didnt like the review... in retrospective this is loosing it... i mean the touch... didnt laft ... yes it got the info i needed to know about the game ... maybe its just me... and i miss the intro and end songs...

Poptart Fairy

Jan 31, 2008
Aries_Split said:
Yahtzees been seeming not himself lately. Like in the MGS4 series, he criticized redundant stories. HIM! The creator of the Chzo series!
Not to spark off that debate, but he criticised MGS' story for slowing down the game. The Chzo series never had any delusions about being action packed or stuffed full of gameplay.