Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
Genixma said:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.
He lives in Brisbane, Australia, Southern Hemispehere. If he has a cold, it's a Winter Cold :p
Edit: Got ninja'd, damn

Most likely is a cold though, it was last time his voice was like that.

As for the review, kinda makes me consider giving Alice a go. I'd never really thought about it

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Soveru said:
Its his job to hate everything
Not really ots his jobs to give his opinion in a comical way, it just so happens he dislikes a lot of games, also for those saying he sounds differant, he just has a cold its happened before

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Wait wait, i get it! yahtzee purposefully did some seriously surreal voice manipulating in order to evoke the sense that us, THE VIEWERS, are going mad!

brilliant move! i'm... not sure... if this thread actually exists anymore. did i just watch something?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
New Mic? Anyway, American McGee has pretty much said himself that the game is a bit of fanservice and that he wants to get back to making the next Farmville or grindfest MMO or Angry Birds or whatever he is doing in Shanghai. I am not being facetious by the way, he has stated that core gaming is a dying business and the future is in social media games.

A shame, I did like Scrapland, and the original Alice.

EDIT: Ouch just checked the Brisvegas weather. It's almost as cold as down here in Melbourne.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Aw man, I was hoping for Shadows of the Damned instead but you just couldn't let Alice go through unscolded I guess.

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Is it me or does it sound like he's got a really bad cold.... the games ok, hd reake feels so old though and you need to quick save alot at some points not the most awesome controls on console since they lost the mouse

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
shadowmagus said:
This person tried to sound like Yahtzee, but it's as if certain inflections were different. Return our Yahtzee alien scum. We are gamers and we have a long and storied history of knowing how to blast your kind back into space.
I'm assuming your joking but just in case your not, it was yahtzee

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Evil Top Hat said:
That little laugh at the end was great, no idea why I found it so funny.
I agree, I laughed way more than I should have...

I might rent the game, I've never played the first one and it looks interesting, visually anyway.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
I actually was looking forward to this game when i first saw it's announcement.
...and then i totally forgot about it. Probably for the best, i saved the pre-order for Catharine.

Humble Grapefruit

Jun 17, 2011
I died when he did that little laugh at the end. I agree though, I bought the game with high expectations and got sort of bored with it. The art work is really nice and the concept is alright, but it gets rather repetetive.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Feeling another person's bum warmth on the toilet seat is right up there with stepping in to a wet spot with my socks in the bathroom.

And get some cough drops will ya!?

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
The T-1000 drawing was fucking gold. As was the credits joke involving an umbrella. That's worse than the Joker's pencil trick.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Yeah, thought he sounded a little ill. Hope it's not too bad.

That laugh at the end over the incredibly lame pun really made the review for me :)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Shjade said:
That post-credits joke...ow. Just ow. ;.;
Indeed. Incidentally, this is where I laughed the hardest in this review.
Also, the medical joke in the final caption (right after the cocktail umbrella line) was pretty clever as well.

I actually kind of liked the game, but then I've never played the first one, so I'm unable to make the comparison.

Servallier

Jun 17, 2011
Being perfectly honest, i mostly got this for the original game that happened to be in the bundle and that i had wanted to play for a good few years now, but never got around to getting the PC version

Entertaining stuff as usual Yahtzee, keep up the insulting work

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Your voice sounded really weird to me, threw me off through the entire episode. Otherwise good one, could have hammered in the repetition and art design though.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
'Batman Returns' ? 'Return of the Jedi' ? Oh Yahtzee you silly goose !