Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Genixma said:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.
It's winter in Australia.

whiteshark12

Jan 30, 2011
Genixma said:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.
In case you didn't know, it;s winter in australia.

D-tritus Debris

Jun 18, 2011
Even though I agree with the arguments he brings up about this game, I cannot agree with what he says about the first Alice game, which was great, and especially about Scrapland, which is one of my favorite games of all time, along Starcraft, and Heroes of Might and Magic III. It has its flaws, but it's a wonderful, and gorgeous(for its time) game, with a great story...but that's just my 2 cents.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
He didn't seem that into it this week. It might have something to do with his voice. It's the same voice he had during his Assassin's Creed 2 review. Turns out he had a cold or something. So he's likely tired.

Note: loved the ending! Little chuckle he added just made it funnier.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I got this game because I loved the original, and found it to be worth it. The fact that it comes with an HD version of the original only makes it that much sweeter.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
haha haaa the ending's tone fit right in there

but I don't know much about the original game or series except what some videos have told me about the game's creator and a quick overview of the game (yes, made in China lolz)...I try to avoid calling things pretentious without knowing more about it but people seem to be going there

Nov 12, 2010
I won't say "blasphemy" since I don't even consider it a word, but the original Alice was a true masterpiece, except for the very simplistic puzzles. Yahtzee didn't provide any evidence what so ever to support his claim that it "wasn't that good". Weapons weren't worthless as he said, even though I remember Vorpal Blade, Blunderbuss and Jabberwock's Eye Staff the most. The original's atmosphere is what mostly made the game, truly. The script was neat too.

I shall give this one a go, even despite all the "mixed" reviews and the lack of bosses, which the original had plenty of. I just hope it'll be half as good as the original was.

The end phrase of his rant was pretty good, but we'll see if that's going to be the case. Only time will tell.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
"It's like putting a pitbull down with carpet bombing"

Hehe i lol'd xD

good review as ever, loved the laugh at the end xD Neh heh nyeh xD

Scrimshaw13

Jun 21, 2011
its definitely Yahtzee, he's just got a cold or lost his voice. He sounds like he did in the first few videos and his voice cracks a few times.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Sounds like he bought his old voice back.

Also, quadruple jump? ...Seriously?
I thought that, it seems kind of cheap for a platformer. Although he could be exaggerating.