Zero Punctuation: Alice: Madness Returns

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
Good episode. No surprises tought, just Yatzee beeing Yatzee.

Now the great mystery of Yatzees's voice! Let's hope for an answer for this intriguing story in a future episode... or not.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Vanguard1219 said:
I'm just going to leave this right here.

~V
Yet another instance of people involved in the game yahtzee reviewed actually watching his review. It's right up there with peter Molyneux contacting him after his review of fable and sucker punch and the people who made prototype actually playing along with that women's bra contest. Just awesome.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I didn't know American McGee was his real name... I feel sorry for him now...<.<

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Now list of the next game he'll review? The only guesses I got are Shadows of the Damned and Zelda 3D...

DJ Jack

Nov 18, 2009
Heh, loved the laugh at the end. To bad to hear Alice isn't all that great though, I was thinking about picking it up myself. Oh well, in this economy I shouldn't be buying more games anyway.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
So Yahtzee's 'sick voice' is back, huh? Let's see, what other reviews had his 'sick voice'? I can think of Assassin's Creed 2, God of War III, and Red Steel 2...

Anyway, that was the most disturbing in-credits joke I've ever seen! I couldn't bring myself to read that out loud. That's how disturbed I was by that!

(Oh, and speaking of the credits, once again, NEVER trust a Zero Punctuation Imp when it comes to ANYTHING. Including a mirror to slip into.)

By the way, people, THOSE aren't creepy doll heads. THIS is a Creepy Doll head!

(I'm really surprised no one else brought up the Loading Ready Run Creepy Doll in this thread...)

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
(not-so) interesting fact about alice in wonderland, it was written in relation to a world that functioned on higher mathematics logic.

rickicker

Oct 26, 2010
Seriously, the second time I listen through it, the funnier it gets. Yahtzee's laugh at the end summarizes his entire show with that single "Neh heh nyeh", as if saying, "Ha ha, sure my delivery is flat and my jokes are offensive and outright juvenile, but so is the game I'm reviewing. So we're all squared that way."

TactlessC

Jan 28, 2011
I can't tell whether someone else is doing the commentary, if you have a cold, or if your balls dropped again.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
My personal opinion on Alice: Madness Returns:

It's one of my favorite games of the year.

Yes, it has some flaws. Three big ones include: 1) a lack of bosses you expect to fight, 2) graphics that don't always look "impressive", and 3) levels that drag on too long (particularly the Dollhouse).

BUT.... it has such BEAUTIFUL art direction, a really engaging Zelda-esque combat system, wonderful platforming, hundreds of secrets and collectables, lots of replay value (New Game+, Chapter Selections), original worlds and characters, some great minigames, and it flows very smoothly and responsively.

AND console owners get the original Alice game in HD, and that's almost worth a purchase all on its own (Ebay sells it for almost $150-200 depending on the version).

It was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise shooter-filled, movie-tie-in-ridden season, and it's just what I needed.

The Queen's Castle was a highlight; beautiful art, dramatic chase sequences, clever puzzles and riddles, tense battles, freakish decor and environments, and the storming the castle moment as a giant sized Alice swatting away guards by the thousands.

I recommend giving the game at least a rental. If you remotely liked the original Alice, this one is much better. It's not for everyone, but it charmed its way into my favorite game list this year.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I kinda like the simplistic gamestyle, but dang does it feel empty. .-. I never really thought about it... gah, Wonderland's become a Ghost Town.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Genixma said:
Sounds like someone has the Summer Cold...or was speaking too much into their microphone...or has allergies. Either way, interesting.
Actually, it's winter here in Aus. So...