Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Sylocat said:
Am I the only one who doesn't want Yahtzee to review Heavy Rain? It's a brilliant game, but the gameplay definitely doesn't seem like his cup of tea.
I was thinking this myself. Why ask him to review a game that's all quick time events when you KNOW he and quick time events don't talk anymore?

I know you mean well, guys, but some relationships just weren't meant to be. Stop trying to get them back together. Just let QTE and Yahtzee get on with their lives.

f0re1gn

DON'T PANIC
Jan 21, 2009
This review lacked something :( Can't say what YET, but I might come up with it during the day.

But creative as always.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.
Guess what?

Your a heavy rain fanboy.

XD
I believe the proper response is YOU ARE A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY!
But I have no need for the Caps Lock. If you yell, people can safely ignore you. If you whisper, people want to listen.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
Octopusesgarden said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Guess what?

XD
I haven't even played the game (except for the demo)I just wondered that was all.Story is very important to yatzhee so I just wanted to know what the internets most harsh critic thought of the story of heavy rain.
God damn it, why can't there be a worldwide announcement that tells everyone exactly what colour sarcasm/irony is? Then we could all just use that as the font colour when we're being sarcastic/ironic.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
bjj hero said:
Paksenarrion said:
This made me hungry for a chip sandwich.

What is a chip sandwich?
fried potato strips between 2 slices of bread.
hmm...sounds interesting, tho I'm not sure I'd like it (how are the potato strips prepared?)
haha but I def want some fish and chips...yummm so hungry

wait...ahem

I've never really been well-versed with Aliens and Predators and Aliens versus Predators...

need to go watch Predator now ><

Ph0t0n1c Ph34r said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Guess what?

XD
I believe the proper response is YOU ARE A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY!
oh you guys lol ^^

JPH330

Blogger Person
Jan 31, 2010
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Guess what?

XD
I haven't even played the game (except for the demo)I just wondered that was all.Story is very important to yatzhee so I just wanted to know what the internets most harsh critic thought of the story of heavy rain.
God damn it, why can't there be a worldwide announcement that tells everyone exactly what colour sarcasm/irony is? Then we could all just use that as the font colour when we're being sarcastic/ironic.
If only I could use a special sarcasm font color in real life, that would make social encounters a lot less awkward on my part...

dark666105

Jan 17, 2007
Funny the game he described at the end as "Predator campaign, 6 hours longer, with titan combat from a third person perspective, and with AI that can tie it's fucking shoelaces" is pretty much the description of Predator: Concrete Jungle which came out for PS2 and XBOX (yes the first one) back in 05. It wasn't the best game but if you are a fan of predator it was pretty good.

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
Jedi Sasquatch said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Novur said:
Octopusesgarden said:
Guess what?

XD
If only I could use a special sarcasm font color in real life, that would make social encounters a lot less awkward on my part...
Fortunately, You don't have to. You can alter the tone of your voice to imply sarcasm that would be picked up by all but the thickest of humanoids.

Wait, did this quote tree just come full circle?

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Alien Vs Predator is just a rough concept. I mean, it isn't bad for survival horror gameplay as a human, but the aliens spend nearly the entire time being the threat and very rarely does the game surprise you with something you didn't see in the movies, while the rest of the time established happenings from the series are treated like they're brand new.

But ranting about the game itself aside, the review was pretty solid. Pointed out essentially all the problems with the series. Makes me wonder why some circles were hyping the game so much, aside from the fanboys of course.

mrsketchy

Mar 11, 2010
I honestly don't see why people can't decide by themselves whether or not to buy a game (this, or any other) everyone is different and been a critic Yahtzee is merely here to add his own suggestion and personal opinion, as well as entertainment.
Buy the game or not just quit asking him to give out scores or the ol' "buy tis shit nao or you suck" because time and again he's made it evidently clear that it's not for him to decide such a controversial subject when it comes to personal entertainment.
Now go have a wank you fanboys.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
rockoffanddie said:
great video, but was anyone else expecting heavy rain, or was it just me?
I think Yahtzee's still in denial about its existence since he can't believe the universe has taken his "nothing-but-quicktime"-based game idea seriously.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Octopusesgarden said:
I'm probably gonna be the first in about a bajillionth comment requests but...when are you getting round to heavy rain?Just curious.AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.
Usually it either takes a while for the game to come out where he lives/ it doesn't come out at all where he lives.. Or he is just playing through it still, you silly fanboy you!!!!

Sorry had too.. :3

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Meh, this wasn't as good as the last few episodes.
The Dante's Inferno review was so freaking funny...

maximara

Jul 13, 2008
TraumaHound said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Dribbles and Joey Crab-face. Hilarious.
Yeah, I'm gonna be thinking this when I'm playing AvP. :D

The one thing I suspected would suffer was the storyline(s) as it's tough enough in the videogame world to get a good story. AvP needs 3, so it would stand to suspect each would be roughly 1/3 the quality of a full-game's story.

*shrug* I'm still gonna play it, though. Can't wait to watch Dribbles bite the heads off of unsuspecting Marines. :)
As Blizzard shows with Starcraft it is possible to pull off three strong stories as it does with the Protoss, Zerg, and Terrans. In a kind of weird way Starcraft is akin to a AvP set up though the Protoss aren't as hunt happy as the Predator and the Zerg make up for the fact their troops go down so fast by making them by the train load. The Terrans have a little civil war early on in the series and then find other things to shoot at--namely the Protoss and Zerg.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I think Zero mpunctuation is going downhill. It seems bland nowa'days and can't pinpoint exactly why.

GodotIsWaiting4U

Jun 9, 2009
I find myself wanting to encourage Yahtzee to review Final Fantasy XIII when/if he can, mainly because I know how much he hates JRPGs and I know that the primary draw of Zero Punctuation is watching him suffer.

Is anyone else possibly behind me on this?

PseudoDuck

Bacon Robot
Oct 18, 2009
The video hasn't changed my opinions of AvP. After playing the demo I was pretty sure that if I ever did get it, it would be after favourable reviews from my friends who have bought it and if there were enough of us to form a sizeable squad in MP and if it was less than £25. I have better games to play at the moment...and I've just got FF13, so that's going to last a few months anyway.

Oh and for those wondering, Yahtzee has said on his Twitter that he'll be doing Heavy Rain next week.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Keepitclean said:
I think Zero mpunctuation is going downhill. It seems bland nowa'days and can't pinpoint exactly why.
Perhaps you are getting too accustomed to his "face".

This video in particular was hard to tell if he liked it or not. So I guess it's a rant then?

Also if you're interested:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Aliens-vs-Predator-vs-escapist-group