Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
*sigh* The original Alien is still the best. The movie, I mean. When it was scientists, not soldiers, the franchise was at its peak.

ethaninja

Oct 14, 2009
Twas a great game imo. I mean, the campaigns were nothing like the first 2 games, and the controls were a bit confusing at first... but I do love the predator trophey kills =D

Hmm maybe I should get Arkham Asylem, see what thats like.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
vrbtny said:
There both aliens.... lol

great as always.

Humans are tasty.... yum yum
Except you couldn't have possibly watched the whole thing...jesus christ you're thick.

From someone who actually watched the whole thing, this is the best Yahtzee's done in a long time. And fucking hilarious too.
Really? I felt that he was talking considerably slower in this video but that could be just me :S It felt weird to me because the jokes felt like they were taking longer than usual to be gotten to.
Eh, to each his own :)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh...yeah. Let them rise out of MEDIOCRE FPS LAND!
Oh, come on. How can you say such a thing? Did you even play the game? I haven't played the new AvP, but the original AvP for the PC is awesome. I signed up to Steam only to be able to play it again.
The marine campaign is nerve-rattling. I actually had to stop playing it the first few times, because it would freak me out too much. The Alien is all about speed and quick kills whereas the Predator campaign is about stealth and snipering. I'm hard pressed to remember a FPS that was as interesting, atmospheric and that had as much variety as AvP.
But I guess it also depends on your expectations. AvP is not a "typical" shooter and it may be lacking a bit in the feel and mechanics, but it delivers in alot of different areas.
I wouldn't declare it bad without playing it. I got AvP Classic 2000 off of Steam.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
How about Xenomorph vs. Yautja, would that be to yahtzee's liking?

I still can't get over the way he pronounced SNES

Snes

Gesundheit

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Is it just me or did anyone else find the design for Predator in the video rather cute?

Very funny video. Wasn't gonna buy the game anyway, but I enjoy watching his reviews just because the break up the ennui.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Another great review,most of it was dead on and agree with what was said.

The campaigns are indeed a wee bit too short and apart from the new generation graphics it is the almost a copy of the first AvP,a more fancy looking remake although I think that's what they were intended to do anyway so =o

Leitmotif

Feb 24, 2010
Funny thing is, the xenomorphs were always cannon fodder in a straight fight in the movies as well. The predator wears some armour, but given that it leaves enormous tracts of skin visible, I'd guess that it's more for ceremonial value than anything else. The Predator is a stalker by nature, and the xenomorph is an ambusher. Neither is meant to win against machineguns when the enemy can see them.

Or at least, that was my impression of the series'.

-[c0Ka|Ne]-

Feb 17, 2010
I'm just another big avp fan, but imo Rebel squandered their oppurtunity to really make something special. Multiplayer aside, they have made no improvements over the last installment and churned out something that set a mark 10 years ago, but is just complete mediocre now. Seems like most of the fanboys are blind to this and will accept anything half-baked because there are no other alternatives for the beloved franchises.

Colonnial marines might fare better, especially if they concentrate on the marine campaign (which has always been the best from the beginning).

The bread being sent to take care of the ducks was a good crack :D

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
Ooooo, a chance to win an authographed ZP hat. Gotta love those ads. Oh, the review was good too, I suppose. Yahtzee sounded really pissed at the fact the game even exists... Can't blame him... Also, is it me, or is he getting slower and slower in each review? Maybe the age is showing?

SirAxel

Aug 21, 2009
Well that sounds about right.
Still the game isn't that bad and it's enjoyable(Dispite that the tittle is pretty annoying actually).Anyway overall it was an excellent review ,as always.

Declan Driver

Mar 1, 2010
Huh... a game where batman loses his sense of morals and starts killing everyone.... yahtzee should make educational videos for main stream game designers. Or at least be a drill sargent for a gaming designer bootcamp/ internment camp for rediculously stupid *cough* hideo kojima *cough*