Zero Punctuation: April Fools

Roseveare

Nov 19, 2009
GunStunt567 said:
(chuckles) Its amusing how you guys dont get how he's fucking with us.

He read an extract from the "Ode To Melancholy", a distinctly depressing choice on the assumption that his loyal yet brainless fanbase would all watch it with bated breath waiting for some Yahtzee brand venomous hilarity on April Fools.

You got us good, Yahtzee, you twanker
By the way, it's 'Ode On Melancholy', maybe next time you can stop sucking up long enough to get your facts right.

Saerain

Mar 24, 2009
rudolphna said:
Hah, ya'll are so thick. Joke has been stated repeatedly. He's actually punctuating.
There's nothing punctuationless about Zero Punctuation in the first place. That would be incomprehensible. It's just fast-paced.

Roseveare

Nov 19, 2009
Irony. Irony is all there is to it. Now stop your ludicrous speculation and sleep peacefully in the knowledge that you are all inferior beings in comparison to me.

So I guess it is true, Americans don't understand irony.

kidigus

Nov 17, 2009
Gawd, i've never heard him speaking sooo sssllloooowwwwwwllllyyyy beeeeefffffffffoooooooooorrrrrrre

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
It's just supposed to be a little absurd, and entirely underwhelming in comparison to his other videos. This is intentional. April Fools doesn't mean "funny joke", it just means something strange or peculiar to make you feel strange or confused, i.e. a false news report, or the opposite of what Yahtzee usually does.

I thought it was great.

The rest of you need to have some chocolate or something and lighten the fuck up.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Aga Aquino said:
A lot of people didn't find this Clip hidden in some of the other Escapist Videos, which kinda means there are some who don't watch the other vids.

I watched this placed in the middle of Game Dogs, which was hysterical given the timing where he just cuts the episode and reads some annoying novel.
Did it only happen on the 1st of april, no other days? I watched GameDogs 2nd of april...

Furrama

Jul 24, 2008
I liked it. It was quite unexpected, (especially during Game Dogs). First I was shocked that Yahtzee was there, then that he was reading SLOW, and then slowly realizing that he was reading erotica. It was fun :D

Lord Doom

Aug 7, 2008
What the hell......................................................................................................

Also, Yahtzee, why would you hide it in an episode of game dogs? The announcement ad for it sucked so bad, I refuse to watch the show. Why would you risk association with that show?

Aga Aquino

Feb 28, 2010
I think so, no one seems to have found that clip after April 1. And why doesn't anybody watch Game Dogs? Its a fairly decent show.

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
I still don't get it.

Ok, so the joke is either that Yahtzee is reading a book and talking slowly and pausing, a inside joke from a episdoe of game dogs which I don't watch, or it's both. What is it?