Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

Beefjerky

Sep 9, 2008
What has happened to your voice Yahtzee? It used to be so soothing and helped me go to bed at night. NOW WHAT WILL I DO?!

Alias42

Sep 10, 2009
Inconsistently Inconsistent said:
Alias42 said:
Blimey, Yahtzee has jumped the shark. I used to watch all of his movie two or three times and laugh throughout, but this one wasn't even chuckle-worthy. I think Wolfenstein was the last proper "funny" review, it was downhill from there.
The Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story review was hilarious! I don't see how you didn't think that one was "proper funny".
You can give many examples of nice jokes in the reviews post-Wolfenstein, but they just don't manage to crack me up like before. I watched the one about Guitar Hero III about ten times, and laughed throughout every single time. The reviewing style seems to become a bit too serious and concerned with actual reviewing instead of just funny stuff, which is why I loved this show so much.

nofrillsguy88

Dec 3, 2009
I think Yahtzee USUALLY time-compresses his voice recordings to make them sound faster/higher pitched...but it sound's like he's neglected to do so this week (which could explain the difference in his voice).

*Listen to ANY of his other reviews & compare them to this week's: There's some relatively audible compression artifacts*

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Major_Stranger said:
Just wondering something about what Yahtzee said about Canadian games: Prince of Persia was made by Ubisoft Montreal, which is CANADIAN YOU CHEAP BRITISH!

Here's a list of canadian games:
Baldurs Gate
Neverwinter Night
Prince Of persia series
Splinter's Cell series
Mass Effect
Dragon Age

well some of the BEST GAME EVER PRODUCED!

please give more respect to the Canadian Yahtzee
He said shooters! Although, as a genre it is quite an easy one to find crap in.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I was so sure there would be a point about the voice, and he would switch back to normal later. No luck there I'm afraid.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
kekeke01 said:
Wait, did he say that ITALIANS killed Jesus? I think it is pretty common knowledge that the Jews killed Jesus. But I guess it is safer to rag on Italians than Jews.
The Romans were the one who executed him, though it was due to the whining of the people.

THGhost

Mar 18, 2009
Am I the only person who can't seem to get the video to load? I've tried it on 4 different web browsers on 2 different computers and it just won't load.

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
I don't really want to watch this in case theres spoilers, i love AC 1 and don't want any story ruined about AC2 for me.

Can anyone warn me of spoilers?

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
New voice is wierd, he sounds more Australian than usual. decent review I guess, wasn't as good as the AC1 review that was his best one I think.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Hey Yahtzee, do you have a cold or something? Your voice sounds deeper.

Anyway, great review as always.

First it was Modern Warfare 2, now AC II, so does that mean L4D2 is next?

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
I'm glad he actually seemed to like AC2 this time, I was hoping he would.

Odd, though, that I never had the problems that Yahtzee (and many other players) had. I was able to follow the plot just fine. I also tried to do things other than counters, even though I only had to do counters for the most part.