Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
The man has a cold. Check back to the Heavenly Sword(s) video for proof.

Long time lurker, first post. Pretty much agree on all the points bar the boss fight. Made more sense than the first game's ending fight.

Also, Finding the glyph sections to be pretty thought provoking. Even if sometimes it's "lolconspiracy XD"

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I hope this voice thing is explained in Extra Punctuation. Anyways, since his reviews are not only voice, I found this quite amusing :) Too bad I represent the pc crowd, so I am not capable of having an opinion on Ass Creed 2. YET!

PeterDawson

Feb 10, 2009
Alias42 said:
Blimey, Yahtzee has jumped the shark. I used to watch all of his movie two or three times and laugh throughout, but this one wasn't even chuckle-worthy. I think Wolfenstein was the last proper "funny" review, it was downhill from there.
Silly person, he jumped the shark back when he stopped using copyrighted music. He even pointed it out himself.

I will agree that it wasn't one of his more hilarious reviews but he still had a few loud chuckle moments for me. Of course, I'm the idiot who kept reading Ctrl-Alt-Del past the freaking miscarriage plotline so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm also still watching CSI, a show starring Lawrence Fishbourne and a bunch of people who used to be interesting, so yeah.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Lawl good review.

Clever girl... Jurassic Park reference ftw.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Since the most important thing is clearly his voice, my vote goes to either imitating those Italian tossers or a voice acting practice session. And if it is the former, you'd think he would have learned his lesson after the RE5 accent debacle.

Nevertheless, always a pleasure.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Perhaps Yahtzee has one of those weird summer colds that float around the beautiful Australian beaches while those of us in the northern hemisphere are freezing our balls off.
I'd believe that.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
I just noticed they changed the watermark, before it was a small URL at the top of the video, now it's a big thing in the bottom left corner.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
LTK_70 said:
Yeah, he sounds a bit different, but I don't care much because it was a very funny and helpful review. Also, it's a funny coincidence that two weeks ago I expected the next review to be not Modern Warfare 2 and hopefully Assassin's Creed 2.
How is that a conincidence?

On topic of voice... maybe he's been here too long and is losing his accent? Go visit your mum Yahztee, I'm sure she'd love to see you for Chistmas. And you get to avoid the heat.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
if this is a new direction for the voice then that would be his second see the webcomics-Indiana jones change that came with his new intro music jury is out on if its better but if it is permanent we'll get used to it and hes not going to change back to keep the unwashed fucktards (us) happy.

I loved AC1 for the climbing etc. but wouldnt buy it because i didnt enjoy the rest of teh game enough. this may be changing my mind on AC2

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Glad to see it's not just my imagination and that other people noticed the new microphone or whatever it is that's going on with his voice. I like it. Sometimes in the past I've found the speech a bit hard to follow when it starts approaching 50 words a second, but it's much clearer now.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
roll in the hay? Somebody been watching young frankenstein?

also,

"WE'VE GOT ANOTHER JOGGER! TAKE HIM DOWN!"

aptly sums up how overzealous the guards were in the original.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I like the new mic (if that's wot it is) makes Yahtzee sound a bit clearer.
I did NOT, however, like the "watermark" Escapist logo in the lower-left.

I was staring at that bit of ugliness more than watching the animation. >=|

Great review, otherwise.

ChillinMargrave

May 18, 2009
Lovely review, got what I wanted, waiting around for the buggery PC version to show so I can have some ninja-fun, and shit.

Other then that, the 'new' voice was interesting, but suprising.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
Me and my zero punctuation tshirt like the settings on the audio-speed-pitch-adjuster from last week more than this week.

phanatic314

Nov 20, 2009
Lol, after I watched it a second time and got over his voice sounding a wee bit different, I realized this is a really funny review. The first time through I was too confused to think about anything else.

Solivagus

Dec 2, 2008
Hey, did anyone else notice that Yahtzee's voice was different? (And then some speculation as to why.)

Good review. Loved the Jurassic Park joke. I actually like the money system, but I suppose it caters to the boring folk.