Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
There is a British tendency to see the UK as a seperate entity from Europe (which is referred to as "The continent").

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
sounds like new equipment to me (why his voice sounds different). That or his nose is stuffed up.

Still, loved it, want to try it, even once to see how long I can tolerate the minstrels.

...which might mean ten seconds

cymrich

Dec 2, 2009
that voice was not the result of a new mic... his inflections weren't nearly as pronounced as normal.. either Yahtzee has a cold and decided to go ahead and do this weeks review anyway (which would make sense why it's really toned down) or someone else filled in for him this week... since there is no credit or mention of a substitute, I'm going with the cold theory.

While watching it I was actually expecting to hear the sounds of someone dying half way through and then the real yahtzee taking over (it is about an assassin game afterall!).

cymrich

Dec 2, 2009
scrooge mcduck is meant to be scottish... hence the name, accent, attitude... everything... so yeah... he already was european... lol

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Solivagus said:
Hey, did anyone else notice that Yahtzee's voice was different? (And then some speculation as to why.)
It's not actually different; this is how he originally sounded, back around the middle of '07. He didn't speed up his vocal track back then, or at least not as much. So, to anyone wondering, his voice sounds higher-pitched in the majority of reviews because he sped it up a bit (hence how he also talks so fucking fast. You'd have thought most people could figure that out).

So yes, anyone complaining about this being his "new" voice needs to go listen to the first Zero Punctuations. As for the review itself, I think it was grand; light on the idiot humour, which is probably why a lot of people above are saying this isn't a funny review. Loved the 'blandest sentient creature in the universe' aside.

Also, since the chances of somebody reading this are slim to none (because nobody reads previous posts, they just want to have an opinion), anyone from this point on who remarks on Yahtzee's "new voice" is deemed unworthy.

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
What is with the new voice? It was like a bad impression of Barry White by Microsoft Sam. WAAYY too deep.

Old Voice/Mic > New.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
PS2MAN said:
What is with the new voice? It was like a bad impression of Barry White by Microsoft Sam. WAAYY too deep.

Old Voice/Mic > New.
No, no, you're doing it wrong. This is his old voice. Before he started speeding up the track, he sounded like this (as in, this is how he actually sounds). The new voice is what he's been using for the majority.

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
CuddlyCombine said:
No, no, you're doing it wrong. This is his old voice. Before he started speeding up the track, he sounded like this (as in, this is how he actually sounds). The new voice is what he's been using for the majority.
No its different. Its way to deep, go back, check yourself and compare the 2. This is even deeper than how he started out.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
jackwooly said:
I don't like this new sounding voice
It did sound as if he had a cold. The review did quash any qualms I might have had about the game, and I can't wait to play it. I'm waiting for Christmas.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
new mike? cool. anyways looking forward to check this game out since i was one of the few who genuinely liked the first assassin's creed and this one seems to improve everything that was wrong with it (most of it at least)