Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

WoodyB

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry to disappoint, but Shaun is voiced by Danny Wallace I believe, who for reference, is the guy who wrote the book that Jim Carrey's film Yes Man is based on.

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
wow no one tried to post without watching the video? shocking!

hopefully the campain is longer this time, cause after the campian in ac2 there was nothing to do

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I actually enjoy AC: Brotherhood. Sure there's alot of shit going with lots to do but that's what i like in games..it's what keeps me coming back to them most of the time in addition to the story that's going on within the game.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
I kinda wish they did a similar addon for AC1, with Altair instead of Ezio. Not that this seems bad at all, but I think with Altair's history after the events of AC1, it would have been more interesting.

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
had to agree with yahztee on this, but i've noticed that recycling existing games and changing some content in order to make a new game has become the virtual world equivelent reruns ala fallout new vegas and left for dead two and so on and so forth.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Well, I fucking hated that snarky British guy. Someone needs to throw him in a gasoline soaked haystack and set it on fire.

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't much like the assassin's groupies doing all the killing for you.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
AssassinJoe said:
I always did see a similarity between Yahtzee and Assassin's Creed's Shawn.
true that, both are always looking for the negative side of things :D

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I didn't even complete the DLC for AC2... even though I have it. i should really complete that first, but at point Brotherhood should be on sale.

Ah, the random but at times predictable cycle of game sales.

The main area's for exploration next that people keeping chanting for included Feudal Japan or during/post-industrial revolution. Either haven't been done that much so go for it.

VivaciousDeimos

May 1, 2010
I had a sneaking suspicion that he might enjoy the multi-player. Both because it's stealth based, and you don't have to talk, or listen to anyone if you don't want to.

Delock said:
Like the improvements on the game (crossbow, parachutes, combining ranged weapons with primary, flowing combat, the ability to kick to break invincible guards, etc.) but some of the flaw still need to be ironed out.

And yes it is time for Desmond to get his game already (though I wouldn't be opposed to him slipping into another ancestor unintentionally throughout the story and learning to control it towards the end).
Agreed about the gameplay improvements. I loved that they made the combat less counter based and rewarded aggressive fighting with kill chains. And the poison dart quickly became one of my favorite ways to kill people.

And while I appreciated that it was a direct sequel, pretty much making it AC 2.5, I think that by now Ezio has earned his retirement. By the time this game ends he's what, in his forties? That's pretty good for the sixteenth century but his character arc feels pretty much concluded. It's either time to move on to Desmond or a new time period...or both, but leave Ezio in peace.

lilmizzazle

Aug 11, 2010
are you seriously listening to yahtzee's reviews when you are buying games? if so, you probably have like... 3 games in total? but seriously, the game is rediciusly fun and is well worth 60$

Jesper Christiansen

Sep 1, 2010
actually shaun hastings is voiced by and modelled after danny wallace, british actor:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shaun
cant be bothered to do more than that.

lilmizzazle

Aug 11, 2010
i would really like an AC game set in like the viking time. it's the perfect era, imaging chasing your enemies through footmarks in the snow and see guards slipping on icy roof tops. also, the assassin should wear a cape that evens the snow after you walk on it so that you leave no traces unless you sprint.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
theblackmonk90 said:
I sense a conspiracy here. Is Shaun actually Yatzee? Could anyone really tell? I mean Australians can easily pull of a British accent (a real one, not the accent Americans think we have) with a small amount of effort.
I'm sort of failing to see your point here. What have Australians got to do with anything at all in this discussion? Danny Wallace who voices Shaun in the game (as well as looking virtually identical and having a very similar personality) isn't Australian and, despite living there, nor is Yahtzee. The game isn't made in Australia either.

So, the game: I generally don't like multiplayer but was surprised to find that it's not as horrible as I expected and they didn't short-change the single player mode to accommodate it... so all's well there, I guess.

andsoitgoes

Mar 6, 2008
Loved the review. The last 2 have been aces.

What I NEED NEED NEED to know is who the hell that guy is in the pictures that he uses all the time with the "X" across his faces.

It's seriously driving me insane, I've wanted to know for eons... Please, god... WHO IS IT.. I... Must... KNOW..

=/

standokan

May 28, 2009
I hope that the next assasins creed will be about a new assasin, i'm getting sick of Ezio.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
andsoitgoes said:
Loved the review. The last 2 have been aces.

What I NEED NEED NEED to know is who the hell that guy is in the pictures that he uses all the time with the "X" across his faces.

It's seriously driving me insane, I've wanted to know for eons... Please, god... WHO IS IT.. I... Must... KNOW..

=/
Short answer: it's some guy.

Slightly longer answer: even Yahtzee doesn't know, just some guy he found when looking for someone with a blank expression.

Complete answer: he explains it here. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1039-Live-Chat-with-Ben-Yahtzee-Croshaw