Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
I honestly have to say that either Yahtzee is simply calling attention to himself but having a sacred cow barbecue or he's just brutally honest. I prefer to say the latter, but I kept getting the feeling it was the former.

I'm going to choose the believe that he's being honest. He's never let me down before!

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
The "Indiana Jones in a Fridge" Award?

Pure Comedic Genius. I actually had to pause the vid until I stopped laughing.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Mythbhavd said:
Oh good grief. I can't someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28
That video at the end was from Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Nico4

Dec 24, 2008
Funny vid, even more funny most of the awards are bad :p the clips after the awards however weren't so funny

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
so... no....

LBP
Cod 5
Gears2
Resistance 2

well at least we have time to see if he reviews any of that games

Greyhawk

Sep 29, 2008
And Yahtzee confirms why I spent the bulk of 2008 replaying my favorite PS2 and SNES games rather than snapping up the latest releases.

Thank you, you herculean exemplar you.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Ahh the year in review... the time when Yahtzee can do AOE to many games at once. Almost fell out of my chair with the cartoon rat joke. Keep up the good work this year too Yahtzee.

mathias53

Mar 25, 2008
Cut out these fucking award shows and clip shows. I came here to see Yahtzee review a video game and thats what i want to bloody see.

SgtFlaman

Oct 15, 2007
I'd have to agree, I enjoyed Saints Row 2 MUCH more than GTA IV. And I'm eagerly awaiting the last of the trilogy.

MasterCheifn

Nov 12, 2008
fish food carl said:
MasterCheifn said:
Wouldn't Left 4 Dead be considered a horror game?
I considered that at the time, but I'm unsure if it counted as "survival horror". Sure, you need to survive, but it's different to those he mentioned. It falls under "zombie shooter".
It's true that's it's more about the survival than the horror, but I still think it counts :/

puppybeard

Oct 29, 2008
That was funny, if a bit short. That said I can't complain, I haven't started working normally since christmas either.

I haven't played Saints Row 2, but the first one was miserable.
I'd rather not play the sequel, and can imagine it could only be welcomed by somebody who has to play games for a living and gets very bored.

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Not a review but still amusing. I was a little surprised at the praise given to Saints Row 2.

DaneFK

Jan 7, 2009
A good survival horror game DID come out this year. Siren Blood Curse to PS3.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Gamespot ended up giving MGS 4 some type of GOTY, but then again, since the Gerstmann thing my respect for them has gone from crawlingly low to GONE. I'd rather trust Yahtzee's Asshole Reviews Inc. on this than the lukewarm print drooled from a publishing monolith seeping ad money at the pores.

Mintycabbage

Dec 3, 2008
I was disappointed with this review on 2008. Half of the review was spent watching the titles of the awards and listening to that hard rock 'music' that would make crazy diamond turn in his grave. If I must listen to some music put something on that doesn't make my ears bleed for example some Jazz. I don't particularly like Jazz but it is better than that. Still Yahtzee's genus is still there and I enjoyed it, even though by the end I almost drowned in a pool of blood.