Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

FACT.50

Sep 12, 2007
WTF are you talking about? How do I come off as a 9 year old? First of all how many 9 years olds have the attention span to compose more than a sentence or some retarded "In first Woohoo" bullshit?

Doug said:
verd said:
Doug said:
FACT.50 said:
I haven't commented on a Yahtzee post in a long time, I stopped myself from defending Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space. I didn't say anything to the "year in review" garbage, but give me a break Ben... one review in 3 weeks?? You really are slipping. Not to mention I had to listen to that godawful nu-metal garbage you have for a theme song not once but like 6 or 7 times.

P.S. Game of the year goes to Valkyria Chronicles imho.
Hmm, wasn't worth it really, was it? Oh, and having FACT in caps for a name isn't really going to convince us that you are, in fact, a fact.

Would you like to explain what you see wrong with Yahtzee's latest web-video thingies? I have time, given the video won't currently load.
Are you Yahtzee's personal fucking nut-rider or something?
Nope, I just get annoyed at agronant 9 year olds like him, and from the sounds of things, you.

Top Dollar

Jan 3, 2009
Doug said:
verd said:
Doug said:
FACT.50 said:
I haven't commented on a Yahtzee post in a long time, I stopped myself from defending Mirror's Edge, and Dead Space. I didn't say anything to the "year in review" garbage, but give me a break Ben... one review in 3 weeks?? You really are slipping. Not to mention I had to listen to that godawful nu-metal garbage you have for a theme song not once but like 6 or 7 times.

Hmm, wasn't worth it really, was it? Oh, and having FACT in caps for a name isn't really going to convince us that you are, in fact, a fact.

Would you like to explain what you see wrong with Yahtzee's latest web-video thingies? I have time, given the video won't currently load.
Nope, I just get annoyed at agronant 9 year olds like him, and from the sounds of things, you.
dude you were gonna defend the latest one even though you haven't seen it yet, there's nothing wrong with it but that's some blind devotion you got there

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Bandwidth over the top, jeez these videos are normally released at 5, i haven't checked if thats the same for this one but surely 2 and 3/4 hours is enough of a cool down period.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
Avida said:
Bandwidth over the top, jeez these videos are normally released at 5, i haven't checked if thats the same for this one but surely 2 and 3/4 hours is enough of a cool down period.
I think it's a problem with the video player; none of the older videos are working either.

Lockjaw|

Jan 5, 2009
Well, I was surprised that he didn't make a fuss about how "unbelievable awsome" GTA 4 was. To be quite honest Im thrilled he didn't, cause it would be like saying - I love it cause everyone else does.

And yes, Mirror's Edge was impressive to begin with; but come on! It's like looping the same bloody picture over and over..

No gears of war 2 review - makes me sad, as I thought the game was pretty good. Blood and lag - woopdidu.

Let's just hope 09 has something more to offer than a new loop of sequals..

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Top Dollar said:
Doug said:
verd said:
Doug said:
FACT.50 said:

dude you were gonna defend the latest one even though you haven't seen it yet, there's nothing wrong with it but that's some blind devotion you got there
I wasn't defending the video, I was asking what was wrong with it. "Its not a review" isn't very critic, nor is "Its poor quality". Specifics as to what's wrong with it and them would be nice, like "I feel he's recycling his jokes too much" or "I find his style of humour boring now" rather than "I don't like it! Rubbish!"

verd said:
I would like to apologize somewhat to FACT.50 though - its when I saw this post that the 9 years old comment came to mind.

Verd, just because someone likes something, doesn't mean they have sexual favours from them - you might work like that, but thats not my business. Also, why is calling me gay considered an insult? You homophobic? Anyway, resorting to swear words on this forum is generally a sign you haven't been here long, or are under the drinking age by a large margin. Or both.

DeDw

Jan 7, 2009
Video is still not working here and I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with the Bandwith and rather with the new player. All the older videos stopped working as well. Anyone here with some technical skills that knows how to fix this weird issue?

Dom Camus

Sep 8, 2006
The new player is FlowPlayer (http://www.flowplayer.org/) which is normally pretty good, so my guess is that there's some configuration error. Either that or ZP generates such a huge bandwidth hit that they decided to store the video content somewhere a bit too cheap. :-/

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Dabamash said:
Not bad, but I prefer game reviews. It's quite dissapointing when there isn't a proper review after waiting a week.
mathias53 said:
Cut out these fucking award shows and clip shows. I came here to see Yahtzee review a video game and thats what i want to bloody see.
Because Yahtzee owes you anything? You pay copious amounts of money to see him every week?

Fanboys grr

Jul 9, 2008
fish food carl said:
LesIsMore said:
Was looking forward to this for a while now!
I bloody love it when Yahtzee doesn't review a game, but those who would post "FIRST!!!!!1" post that they were waiting for it. Same thing happened with the Clip-show.

Some speedy bannage is most definitely required to weed out the idiots.
I thought we finally got past all that, no one got banned in the PoP review last week. Oh well, some people never learn.
MasterCheifn said:
Wouldn't Left 4 Dead be considered a horror game?
No, I and most people agree that its a shooter with the zombies added later. That said, it is incredibly fun and atmospheric.
Mythbhavd said:
Oh good grief. I can't believe someone is already complaining. I had a lot of fun with this video and loved the titles for the awards. Way to go Saint's Row!

Um, one last thing, what was with the retarded video at the end?

"Thou shalt not attach retarded videos to the end of Zero Punctuation, unless said video is by Yahtzee." Reviews 3:28
First, irony. Second, that video was from the new series, Unskippable. Its pretty funny, when it isn't being taken out of context.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
verd said:
Yahtzee is getting so insufferably lazy recently. First that bullshit 'Year In Review' which consisted entirely of 5 minutes of jokes taken out of context and now 'Awards for 2008'? I mean seriously? Yahtzee's recent works, with the exception of his Prince of Persia review, have been nothing but half-assed compilations which mean he doesn't have to do any proper work for that week.

Oh yeah, and I'll have a medium ban, with chips and curry sauce. And a Diet Coke.
Yes, damn him for wanting a break over the Christmas holidays! He should be working night and day for our personal entertainment!

Booties

Nov 21, 2007
I can't believe I'm actually lowering myself to post here, but who cares. I can't believe I watched that garbage after the second award because that's when I realized I was going to have to listen to that Nu Metal bullshit intro song EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

In fact, I don't even know why I watch these reviews now knowing that the song plays opening and closing EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.