Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2008

Th3 Sh00ter

Jan 8, 2009
Nice Review but I didnt see CoD 5 on the list of games to possibly review in the future. Didnt he actuly LIKE CoD 4?

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
mitman93 said:
Virgil said:
mitman93 said:
Please excuse me for this noobish question (I'm a noob to these forums) but why did the first two posts get banned? I read the sticky but still could not find one thing wrong with both of the posts. Can someone please answer me so I do not make the same error. Thanks! (Please don't ban me for this!)
We ban for "first posting" here, even if you don't say "first post". Watch the video or read the article before posting a comment and you've got nothing to worry about.
Ahhh I see. Thanks, that cleared things up for me. How exactly do you know if the person watched the video or read the article?
I suppose there's some super-high-tech way to tell from their end, but it's fairly straightforward even without it; they'd commented 1 and 2 minutes after the link was posted, and the video is ~6 minutes long. Can't park a Caddy in a kiddy pool, and can't watch a movie and comment on it in less time that it takes to play out the movie.

-- Steve

AyaReiko

Aug 9, 2008
I would've given the 15YOLS (a.k.a. Disappointment of the Year) Award to Spore instead. And I wasn't one of those who was being hyped up through the years by various presentations and what-not. I was solely hyped up by the Creature Creator and that it was Maxis on the label.

I really should've heeded the warning that EA was also on the label too. But even by that standard, the game really did disappoint.

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
This man is my idol, his visual puns and comic delivery are perfect. I think what i just said is how cults are formed : ) (Yahtzee quote from the L4D review haha)

mitman93

Jan 8, 2009
I suppose there's some super-high-tech way to tell from their end, but it's fairly straightforward even without it; they'd commented 1 and 2 minutes after the link was posted, and the video is ~6 minutes long. Can't park a Caddy in a kiddy pool, and can't watch a movie and comment on it in less time that it takes to play out the movie.

-- Steve
Yeah I never thought of that lol. Ok, I get it all now. Thanks guys!

fveew

Jan 8, 2009
Oh.. And Mirrors Edge isnt from EA, it´s from DICE.
EA is just the publishers.
Get your facts straight you poor little twat...

dogs_playing_poker

Jan 8, 2009
OH so that is why there isent a gears of war yet. I was wondering if he couldnt find something to ***** about with it. Hehehe I have been waiting for that one for so long. Also sorta curious if he us gunna do the newish banjoo kazooie game. Good ep. for what it was wish it was a review but hey everone need time for the holidays.

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
My one loaded about 2 minutes then gave up. My Internets working fine but I then tried to refresh it and it never got past the click to play screen. Any ideas what the problem is?

edit: nevermind apparently restarting my comp fixed the problem

Dustiness

May 12, 2008
On the topic of Mirror's Edge and in fact all EA games, long has it been since I bought a game without checking for EA logos. If I see one I just avoid the game like it had 'For ages three and up' written down the side, because you are pretty much always guaranteed dissatisfaction as everything is dumbed down for the simpler, emptier audience EA proffers to.

P.S.

fveew said:
Wikipedia said:
EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment AB (EA DICE) is a Swedish video game developer, wholly owned by Electronic Arts...

MiyaKome

Dec 31, 2008
ColdStorage said:
who are you talking to? Yahtzee?
dude he's not here, he's too busy ignoring you to death.
Sure he does.

He faps to the praise and ejaculates at the disagreements.

Optimus24

Jan 8, 2009
I love it how youre saying GTA4 is a bad game. I myself didnt catch that fully untill I played Saints Row 2. I was playing GTA4 as any earlier GTA game and thought to myself that I was grown too old for that GTA kind of humor, I wasnt laughing when I drove over people, the radio stations werent that funny, and I didnt find much joy in becoming a crime boss.. then I played Saints Row 2 and it hit me like a ton of bricks.. GTA4 sucks as a GTA4 game, Saints Row 2 became the game I was expecting GTA4 to be. I love your brutal honesty Mr. Yahtzee, and would love to see what other game sites would say about GTA4 if they would take a second knock at it.

Optimus24

Jan 8, 2009
fveew said:

When you go to the official DICE homepage it says in the upper left corner: An EA company... now who´s the poor little twat?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Optimus24 said:
fveew said:

When you go to the official DICE homepage it says in the upper left corner: An EA company... now who´s the poor little twat?
PWNED

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
GodOfTongs said:
I've never really understood how everyone can go along with this. Ok, Yahtzee is just as funny as ever, but both GTA4 and MGS4 are great games.

MGS4

IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.3

GTA4
IGN 10
GameSpot 10
GameTrailers 9.8

His videos are great but how can you take his opinion seriously. He disagrees with absolutely everyone. His nomination for worst game of the year got almost strait 10's down the line. Ridiculous.
to cite gaming websites on here is blasphemy, just to let you know you are probably asking for it.

I'm just going to say that basically he liked one game last year? is he serious?

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Glad someone's giving credit to Saints Row 2.
I'm also thankful he didn't make No More Heroes more overrated than it already is.

acebrainbuster

Oct 13, 2008
again nostalgia, but with actual rankings i'm not surprised about the outcmes of this but never the less its good to see what games deserve