Zero Punctuation: Axiom Verge & Stealth Inc 2

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
It didn't work with Firefox, but Chrome did the trick. Thanks Chrome, I'm glad you sneaked onto my HDD when installing some other software. You just go back to waiting patiently in your corner for the next time a web-page doesn't get along with Firefox, because god knows it won't be IE I call upon.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Finally I can watch Zero Punctuation in full screen without it looking blurry as fuck, which may be ironic given the type of game Axiom Verge is.

I feel like Limbo is going to remain the only indie game on my Xbox One for a while, and I only got Limbo 'cos early adopter means it was a freebie (though it is really good).

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
If you're having issues with the player that you're unable to resolve yourself please refer to the video help page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/help]. If the list doesn't work at the bottom there's a link to the contact forum where we can help address your issues personally.

Thanks for the support.

-Mud

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Holy big screen Batman! (so wait what does the subscriber get now since I thought they get big screen? Still HD quality?)

OT- I probably give it a pass on Axion given to my current list of games to buy on Steam.

Also why the "A in Axion look different (one side is shorter than the other)? Is it cos of the font style?

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
ThyNameIsMud said:
If you're having issues with the player that you're unable to resolve yourself please refer to the video help page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/help]. If the list doesn't work at the bottom there's a link to the contact forum where we can help address your issues personally.
Or you could just not break software that was working fine previously.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
Grumman said:
ThyNameIsMud said:
The old software repeatedly broke for me. The ads in particular would bork the player frequently. I have an incredible hatred for the Dragon Age Inquisition ads in particular since I would have to constantly re-load the page to get a different ad to then watch the video.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Grumman said:
Hey this is new software. Totes different.

But if you're having issues with the player, the help page should help [/videos/help]

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
Spoiler Warning: it is less annoying to disable AdBlock before watching a video than having it disabled on your site all the time.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Opera isn't showing it either. But I tried with Vivaldi and it worked.
Don't know the reason...

(now you have data from some "exotic" browsers :p)

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Odd I am not having any issues and my adblock is on... Still I am a member of the publisher club so that could be the reason.

tilmoph

Gone Gonzo
Jun 11, 2013
Running firefox 37.0.1, flashblock off, escapist whitelisted for adblock (which is weird since I don't get ads anyway due to Pub Club, but it seemed like a nice gesture). Video in High Quality works perfectly fine for me. Maybe try playing with your add-ons if you're having trouble getting it to load.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Ok, OK, I confess! I watched today's video in IE 11! I throw myself upon thy mercies! All I had to do was sit through an Old Spice ad that may have driven me a little more insane.
But back OT, today's video was funny and I will lament the passage of XBOX LIVE Double Weekend special episodes, so now Yahtzee's finding indie games where ever he can. I like the return of "X game's wearing the skin of Y" jokes, and I am curious about that crack about Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. Could be a future retro review.
Also, that Papal Staff is the one from Assassin's Creed II, with an Apple in it.

Wighar

Jul 9, 2013
Tried to load it in IE 11 & Firefox (I don't have adblock installed), I tired a VBOX virtual computer running Windows 7, Vanilla IE 9, I even tried a online webproxy to load the page and in no instance did the video load something seemed to stop or not able to load beonde the point where it is suppose to load the videoplayer script part...

only thing I could get from my error log was:

Quote " XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2f09, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002f09 "

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Well, it worked for my by disabling the Program That Shall Not Be Named.
New player looks fancy, even if it gets a tendency to run like arse for awhile after loading.

OT:
Fun episode, had me in stitches a few times.

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
shin0bi272 said:
With escapist killing off top 5 with lisa foiles and unskippable I was only coming here for zero punctuation... but now I cant even watch that thanks to their new player. I have firefox and adblock and NO Im not disabling adblock for you Yahtzee sorry.
Just wait a week and it'll be up on the Escapist youtube page. That way you won't have to worry about getting viruses due to poorly curated ads (which is just a thing, not that I'm saying it's an Escapist thing).

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
Well somebody should at least talk about the games so... I watched the teaser for Axiom Verge and on the one hand, looks fun and I want to play it. On the other, it's pretty shameless in its Metroid-ness. Yahtzee is spot on. Even the rythm track of the teaser is close enough to the Super Metroid theme to land Vanilla Ice in heap of trouble again, or even content id'ed by Nintendo. Seriously watch the teaser, the music at least for the first few measures is hrmmmm... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U04mprotZU

And I was immediately turned off by the, "Let's define the word 'Axiom' in the context of our game with dramatic dictionary title cards for the audience because we've contrived our own meaning..." bit.

I guess there is something to be said for wearing the influence on the sleeve, but with all the effort put into what looks like solid design I would think the devs would want to set themselves apart a bit more.

Despite all that, it still looks fun and I still want to play it. So - kudos, I guess?

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
WTF new video player, much bigger and doesn't work. Must be better than the old stupid pop up player when they fix it though.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Video does not play in Firefox 37.0.1, no blocking software installed.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Yeah, sorry, but if you stop working for me even when I completely allow all scripts and don't block adds, even when I upgrade to the newest version of Firefox, I think I'll probably just sit out the week long wait and watch it on the youtube channel.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
ah4o0o said:
I don't think it is an adblock problem, but an firefox and html5 problem.

It works on chrome, but it doesn't on firefox.
From the FAQ page

"Do you have an HTML5 video player?
Yes, we do support HTML5 video, but because our videos are ad-supported and HTML5 video is not currently able to run the video ads we use, only members of the Publisher's Club are able to use the HTML5 player. You can read more about it here."
so basically fuck Firefox users.
And because it's flash ads, fuck apple mobile devices