Zero Punctuation: Axiom Verge & Stealth Inc 2

esserin

Nov 10, 2014
That's weird.

I'm on firefox and it worked perfectly fine.

As for the episode, I'm pretty meh about those two games. Never even heard of them before now.

I guess axiom verge is taking advantage of that big metroid shaped hole in our hearts.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, this isn't working for me, and I never had an any ad block software, mainly to avoid this shit. I followed most of your instructions, have the latest version of Firefox, but I'm not deleting my cookies.

Sorry to say but Youtube is more reliable now.

Llarys

Aug 28, 2013
Ahh, Escapist. People started turning the engines of destruction known as AdBlocker (and its friends) against you BECAUSE of your obtrusive, obnoxious, and quality-destroying ads. Whenever I watched a video on this site, there was 50/50 chance that after the Ad played, the actual video itself would never load. And don't even get me started on the dreaded double-ads: Ads that would play back-to-back (sometimes even back-to-back-to-back) before you got that horrible 50/50 chance of the video gracing you with its presence.

And this isn't even including your audio ads that would start playing in random corners of the site, in the middle of a video, while you were reading a column. Those were real fun too.

So the next logical step? The video-player equivalent of DRM. Punish your subscribers. Punish random viewers and innocents. All in a misguided attempt to get back at a certain viewership who will undoubtedly circumvent your new video player by the end of the week.

I don't know. I find it odd that DRM has only ever harmed the gaming industry by breeding bad will among good customers by punishing them in an failed attempt to attack us dirty pirates; and a gaming website who supposedly is knowledgeable about these topics jumps headfirst into the same trap.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Nice, video only works without Adblock enabled... nah, that's OK. I'll just forego anymore of these I guess. Sorry Escapist, the ads you guys use are fuckin' ridiculous. Covers half the screen with ads then wonders why people use Ad Block.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
I am running on chrome and I was able to watch the video after white-listing the site on ghostery and telling adblock to not run on that page. I have since un-whitelisted this site on ghostery and have decided that a site which can so epicly screw up HTML5 support is no longer worth the patronage for video watching. The only reason I am still here is the various comics which actually work no questions asked with the various extensions I am using. Until such time as the player is fixed or switched to an embedded youtube player (Seriously, you HAVE an amazing player ready to use right now and you actively refuse to take advantage of it!) then I will just wait until content is on the youtube channel before I actually watch it.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Well, Escapist, you've finally done it. After the content creators exodus, the ad block war, the parting of ways with Susan Arendt, now Zero Punctuation won't play on any of my browsers. And you know... I don't even care that much.

So long, and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Okay, i'm done with this site. I wait for the video to appear on youtube.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Would've thought Yahtzee would be doing Mortal Kombat X. I know he hates fighting games, but it beats scrounging for XBLA leftovers, and at least there's a story mode.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
I'm not going to change my settings to make videos on one website work, so I guess that's that for me.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
Had to pause Extension That Must Not Be Named and then had to refresh the page three times to get the video to load.
You're welcome.
ZP and the freaking forum games section are the only things keeping me on this site.
You've closed off ZP unless I put a burden on myself and having to load your shitty ads (And my internet isn't that great, I spent more time loading ads than I did the rest of the page, sometimes), and I can get my fix of forum games elsewhere.

nitrium oxide

Jun 10, 2011
Yep with Jim Sterling gone, and now this, it's becoming pretty hard to motivate myself to coming here at all. After disabling both Adblock+ and Ghostery I finally managed to get to this video to play on Chrome. Will be watching Yahtzee on YouTube from now on. Adiós.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Looks like this video won't play, even with 'it who must not be named' turned off.

Heck, some posts I can't even READ in this thread.
They're just a white, blank, space.

o_O

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
I went through the help list, and it's still not working. I don't have anything that would cause problems so this isn't my fault. Looking at other people's responses, I think this is on your end Escapist not mine. Escapist, you should probably examine your player and figure out why it's broken before the new shows start rolling out this week or people probably aren't going to bother to try them next week.

nyarlathotepsama

Apr 11, 2012
Goodnight and good-bye Escapist, your terribly annoying ads shan't be missed but will forever remain in my memory as the single reason I considered installing an Adblocker. This is just the final sign that I need to leave this sinking ship of outdated business models and suspect HR. I'm sure my once weekly visit won't be missed anyway. Feel free to go ahead and ban me, I won't even notice since your off my bookmarks and I don't oft tread down roads not marked. Peace and thanks for constantly getting into scraps with the markers of videos I actually enjoy.

Yours forever;
Some Damn Guy

PS: Its totally you not me in this break up honey, you got ugly fast. I'll mail you your cat.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Evonisia said:
Finally I can watch Zero Punctuation in full screen without it looking blurry as fuck, which may be ironic given the type of game Axiom Verge is.
I didn't have an option for full screen, just an enlarged version that removed my scrollbar. The new video player is worse than the old one, but they will be keeping it since it is incompatible with adblock.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
ThyNameIsMud said:
If you're having issues with the player that you're unable to resolve yourself please refer to the video help page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/help]. If the list doesn't work at the bottom there's a link to the contact forum where we can help address your issues personally.

Thanks for the support.

-Mud
I'm sorry, but where's my lower quality stream option? It was there this morning, but it disappeared when I checked this afternoon. Call me a luddite if you must, but I don't like it when my videos take up the entire screen.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
0takuMetalhead said:
Well, it worked for my by disabling the Program That Shall Not Be Named.
New player looks fancy, even if it gets a tendency to run like arse for awhile after loading.
Thy shall not pass unless thou has permission from liverail.com. If your wisdom is great, then one shall unlock the secrets.
direkiller said:
And because it's flash ads, fuck apple mobile devices
Quite the contrary, Apple fucked themselves over for not allowing flash.