Zero Punctuation: Batman: Arkham Origins

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Well Batman Origins is a lazy game which fails to realise that the generic title "Origins" usually refers to going back in time. I'm still interested in it, though. I'm glad Bane doesn't look as ridiculous as he does in the latest Batman film. I also love Poison Ivy's Zero Punctuation model :)

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Batman actually would burn his potatoes, it's been established in the comics he is a terrible cook.

I think I've wasted a good chunk of my life.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Not sure which is more sad. Those who had to stop the video to check on the villains, or myself. Who didn't. No, not even for Crazy Quilt.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
So Gotham City is a city of nothing but goons everywhere? Jeez, that sounds like something awful...

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Chessrook44 said:
So Gotham City is a city of nothing but goons everywhere? Jeez, that sounds like something awful...
Well to be fair, it is contextualized despite what Yahtzee said. It's just a bullshit excuse to not have to make non-villain AI routines, but still.

Also, not that it's any different in practice, but half the thugs are in fact cops. Which are basically just one of the gangs since this is early Batman life.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I enjoyed it for what it was, wished it has stuck with the Joker/Batman relationship more.

If you get that Riddler bug, which im guessing is the one where you get trapped in the room and cant open the vent with the bat claw. Fast travel out and go back there again, but dont go in the room, just open the vent from outside with the bat claw. Works perfectly.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Might as well try to beat arkham city in new game plus instead of buying this game, from the reviews I read it a shame that they decided to not be arsed since I really liked the first two games.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
I'm so glad I waited on this one. Absolutely loved the other 2 Arkham games so it's a shame they managed to do so badly with Origins. Looks like we were right to be sceptical when they changed devs.

I'll pick it up eventually no doubt. Hopefully they fix all the bugs and package it into a complete edition.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
Uhhhh... is bad that im getting tired of Batman? He's not bad, its just that i have seen him so many times now. out of the thousands of hero's from comic's, why is it that i always see batman?

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
I actually didn't mind them using the more obscure villains this time around.

The problem completely came from the story, or, pretty much the lack there of. I guess a story sort of comes around and things finally fall together when Joker shows up, but it just highlights how much of a mess the game really is.

People can't seem to figure out how to do a Batman story without The Joker.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
They do explain why Batman would have more gadgets in a prequel during Arkham City. Alfred asks why he keeps asking for deliveries instead of just carrying everything to start with and Batman says he use too but it was to heavy and slowed him down. Game still sounds like a lazy sequel though.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Well to be fair, it is contextualized despite what Yahtzee said. It's just a bullshit excuse to not have to make non-villain AI routines, but still.
Are you referring to the throwaway line about a curfew being in effect or was there a better justification for how every single non-evil citizen in Gotham got the memo and decided to obey it?

But yeah, Arkham City found a good excuse to insert non-evil characters in the form of both the Police SWAT Team you rescue from Penguin and the political prisoners you can rescue. This game couldn't even be arsed to do that much.

I think that was one of my issues with the game (Besides the most important - crashing every hour) - It's hard to care about saving the city when the population seems to be 100% douchebag. The only three characters in the entire game that are 'good' are the two Gordons and Alfred.

Batman doesn't really count - he spends way too much time breaking bones for me to consider him a truly 'good' character.

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
Fisting all day long
Hmmm, this must be some double-entendre which my knowledge of English prevents me from understanding... TO THE RESCUE, GOOGLE!
*5 seconds later*
No. No, no, no, no. NO! That DOES NOT go there! BLARGHSDFHDSHF

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Poison Ivy represents Batmans use of psychological manipulation against his opponents. That sounds feasible, let's go with that.

Firefly represents Batmans desire for a jetpack.

For a game that can't be arsed, there were quite a lot of arses in the video.