Zero Punctuation: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
Yahtzee, go play Ratchet & Clank. Doesn't matter which one, really, but I suppose you might want to start with Deadlocked, given your shooter history.

Bright colors, ridiculously overdone weapons, loads of health, teammates whom it doesn't matter if they get themselves stupidly killed.

scoopsss

Mar 17, 2010
It looks like Yahtzee's fanbase will protect him no matter what shit he spews; face it, Yahtzee, you're becoming the Wii. Still like your reviews though, but do try to be more original next time! I mean... Dust... really?

genius_man16

Nov 12, 2009
I actually really enjoy this game. The SP was fairly quick sure, but I liked the story and the characters were all fun (Anyone listen to their random conversations? The most hilarious things in any game I've ever heard) and the multiplayer is fun.

All these players whining about "another realistic shooter" need to get over themselves

A) If you don't like them, don't play it, then you don't have to worry about it, and so why complain?

B) The destructible environments make it unlike any other 'realistic' game out there anyway. (Idk how a game in which you can be revived after taking a tank shell to the face is realistic but whatever I guess)

Vorpals

Oct 13, 2008
"Vodka-drinking sextants" and the respective animation was the best laugh I have gotten out of a video in weeks. Bravo, Yahtzee.

JihadMatt

Mar 31, 2010
I never planned on playing it. I personally don't like multiplayer games (Outside of MMORPGs. Might be hypocritical. But meh). I don't think I should have to rely on OTHER people to make my game experience better or worse.

Good review. Wished he went into more... Other then dust. Oh well. Get onto God of War 3! C'mon Yahtzee. It's like you've purposefully avoided that and 'Final Fantasy XIII'.. :O

AlexTaldren

Aug 7, 2007
It was a good try, I guess. Couple of things:

Was he playing the PC, Xbox 360 or PS3 version?

The dust and bloom effects can hurt your eyes, luckily they can be reduced in the PC version.

There is multiplayer, which is the focus of the game. Try reviewing more than 40% of the game?

Loading screens involving "Google maps" were originally done in Battlefield 2, not Modern Warfare 2.

Complaining about the mortar scene doesn't really jive. You complain that you died a bunch, which means you either were just terrible or you wanted the developers to make you invincible for that scene?

I usually enjoy these reviews, but when they're bad... they're bad.

TheJwalkR

May 20, 2009
I found the review funny as always.

I am a battlefield fanboy at heart and I was hoping to get this game. My view so far is that it has been too dumbed down for the consoles. Battlefield 2 was amazing and BC2 seems like Battlefield 2's awkward cousin trying to be MW2.

youreajackass

Apr 1, 2010
I had to make an account just to say that you sir are a jackass, this isn't funny and neither are you. Start taking your hobbies/career in a different direction. Maybe go back to college, or go to college for the first time. Anything but this bullshit.

youreajackass

Apr 1, 2010
TheJwalkR said:

I am a battlefield fanboy at heart and I was hoping to get this game. My view so far is that it has been too dumbed down for the consoles. Battlefield 2 was amazing and BC2 seems like Battlefield 2's awkward cousin trying to be MW2.
And no, I own the game and it is fun, this guy does not know what he's talking about. One of the most addictive multiplayer games out there, in my opinion, far better than MW2 in multiplayer and campaign. Fun and funny. The story shouldn't have to be equal to a oscar winning movie.

Aceed

Apr 15, 2009
Well, I guess I'll have to agree.

I mean, I don't play Shotgun of Shotgun: Shotgun Shotgun 2 anymore, but if we recall that Yahtzee only grades the playability of the single player mode, hell, MW2 WAS better. That is, in my opinion, obviously. And his.

Anyways, great review as always.

BoldBaldBastard

Aug 19, 2009
TheJwalkR said:

I totally concur with the dumbed down bit. I played Vietnam, BF2 and BF2142. Although it's nice to see a new BF version out there, the n00b friendly kniving system is awkward and here and there things feel 'rushed'.

The single player campaign bit should be deleted in an update of the game. Really, what is 'single' player doing in a BF game?? But this is the bit where they are trying to look like MW2 for sure.

TheJwalkR

May 20, 2009
youreajackass said:
TheJwalkR said:
And no, I own the game and it is fun, this guy does not know what he's talking about. One of the most addictive multiplayer games out there, in my opinion, far better than MW2 in multiplayer and campaign. Fun and funny. The story shouldn't have to be equal to a oscar winning movie.
BoldBaldBastard said:
TheJwalkR said:
I totally concur with the dumbed down bit. I played Vietnam, BF2 and BF2142. Although it's nice to see a new BF version out there, the n00b friendly kniving system is awkward and here and there things feel 'rushed'.

The single player campaign bit should be deleted in an update of the game. Really, what is 'single' player doing in a BF game?? But this is the bit where they are trying to look like MW2 for sure.
Okay, thanks you guys. I have more confidence in buying this game now.

David Kihlstadius

Mar 23, 2010
Yay someone reviews the single player part of a game that everyone buys for the multiplayer. Go back and review the multiplayer from the point of working together with friends. This game is far better and much different than MW2.

Nerdking

Apr 3, 2010
The singleplayer was shit

But it is a battlefield game, and the multiplayer did not even get mentioned? For shame. The MP is the best in years

Azagthoth666

Apr 2, 2010
The problem with yahtze's review that i see is that a reviewer like Yahtzee who refuses to play multiplayer cant really review a Battlefield game since the focus is on multiplayer. I for one miss the old battlefields which didnt even have single player campaign. I disagree with the idea that a game needs to be able to stand on single player alone. Look at TF2. A multiplayer-only game that is fucking awesome as well.

Mr. Unimportant

Nov 19, 2009
How many blurred penises do you go through in an average review? This one seemed particularly high. Do you blur them yourself?

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
My Gods this one was heavy on the puns/metaphors and does not change my opinion of the game in the slightest, meaning that I didnt really care about the game, nor did I want to play it or its younger brother, before watching the review and, guess what, I still dont want to // If I want to play a good FPS I will turn on TF2 or Strangers Wrath and until otherwise noted that will not change

-M