Zero Punctuation: BioShock 2

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
how about bioshock 3 is prequel and you play as a scientist who is being attacked by splicers and such and is forced to do the same to survive, then the game takes place with you trying desperately to escape, which can end in three way 1) you pull it off and make it out in one piece 2) your killed in the attempt 3) (probly the coolest) all the plasmids and genes you've spliced drive you insane and you turn into one of the huge numbers that are in bioshock one and 2. admittedly this would cause some balancing issues because it would mean your only as powerful as the numerous cannon-fodder enemies in the previous games but it could be countered with theres a lot less enemies to deal with and you end up having to sneak around a lot.

tell me this wouldn't be awesome!

Tevana

Mar 28, 2010
Bioshock 2 to me wasn't a Sequal but more of a remake, except better hacking and u can use 2 hands instead of one then the other too kill a splicer. It also didnt give me the same sence of "Oh man wonder what I'll encounter next" as Bioshock but more of "Ok how do I get to the next level already".

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
This is absolutely the most accurate Yahtzee review ever. And therefore the best. BioShock 2 is NOTHING like the first game and a total disappointment. Fun mulitplayer, though. But who cares?

This review is so accurate, instead of writing a review for the game, I can just link to it.

Ayoxin

Jan 16, 2009
I knew they were going to screw it up, every time there is a successful formula for a game they always decide they should just spit out another instance as soon as possible. I miss the 90s :)

Yahtzee scores again :)

Antacid

Apr 10, 2010
Word is that Portal 2 will have a coop mode where you play as a modified gun turret. I'm not making this shit up.

=HCFS=Discoman

Jan 1, 2010
only time a prototype is more efficient than the final version is when features are cut out to save costs. seeing how many big daddies there would be in bioshock 1 (in theory) then the protoype version would have been prohibitively expensive.

Flame Rider

Apr 5, 2010
I don't know if this has been mentioned throughout the entirety of this thread, but there has been a mod or something for Half-Life where you do indeed play as a vending machine.
It ends abruptly when a scientist kicks you.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Should I feel bad for knowing the equation shown in the first 20ish seconds of video is used to work out quadratic equations?

Hated those things in maths...

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
Actually you can defend your little sister using only one med kit, at least I only needed one, plus i saved ammo using the melee button. also you can not bother around the last level but it gets more difficult.
Though he is right about the cakes, also the screen is smaller compared to bioshock. story wise its a little strange, and there's not much scary moments which is a shame, but the Big sister isn't scary just really annoying.

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
Based on my experience, it wouldn't be a good purchase at all. But it sure was an awesome rent! So if anyone played the first one and has a gamefly account or game rental equivalent, give it a try.

Spongebobdickpants

Oct 6, 2009
pretty much every point yahtzee makes is incorrect

1)Big Daddies are emotionless.No they arent they even in the 1st game show alot of love for they're little sister

2)Prototype > End Product. I'd like to see you out run a bouncer or out gun a rosie.and the only reason they have no selfpreservation is they lack both free will and self interest.

3)The Story is Crap and full of loose ends.If you actually paid attention the story is not just good but also makes sense and is actually alot more emotional than the first.i have no time to explain everything so link http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/BioShock_2.basically everything is explained and makes sense in the bioshock world.

4)Rapture is somehow still functioning by a miricle.the game makes this painfully obvious that the big daddies are holding it together.in the first level you see a big daddy doin maintainance work

5)How does she talk to you.again fully explained.look at the wiki.

6)combine all the great minds of rapture wait lulwtf?(facepalm) really its a figure of speech

Mista Miggins

Jul 23, 2010
BTW the little sister can comunicate with you because the two are connected since the player is the big daddy for the little sister. Although it only says you are "connected", so it doesn't make much sense anyways.

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Defending Little Sisters isn't nearly as annoying in the 2nd Bioshock because for one, the Little Sisters can't die, so if they happen to be gathering within the range of a hacked security camera, you can simply hide somewhere and let the security camera summon bots that'll kill any splicers for you. Sure, it'll take longer, but at least you'll conserve ammo and health. Also, the reason they stopped making Alpha Series is because as soon as their original Little Sister died or was rescued, they became useless as Big Daddies. Of course, anyone who's played through the whole game would know all of this, but just in case you haven't, here you go.

Oh, and I want to play as a Health Station. :]

Demonio Penguino

Oct 11, 2009
Yahtzee, you don't get prototypes. Think of the process of making something as a giant pillar of gold. You have to make the base(prototype) nice and big in order to support the rest. If you make the base smaller than the rest it's all just going to topple over. And if you make it the same size as the rest, then it's either not going to be that impressive or it is going to cost you so much that you'll be eating your own feces eventually.

nklshaz

Nov 27, 2010
You can rescue Little Sisters without having them gather ADAM from corpses. Just take her to one of the vents and hit the button for "Rescue". Letting them take ADAM from corpses is just a way to get some bonus ADAM. While I usually agree with Yahtzee, that was quite a bit of ignorance on his part. Especially since he complained so much about having to protect them.