Zero Punctuation: BioShock: Infinite

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I'm not watching it yet, but I'm going to guess he likes it.

EDIT: Yep, he loves it.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
The gameplay feels lacking compared to the previous games, but the art style and storytelling was fantastic.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, I never got that. Why give away Vigors that essentially allow you to incinerate anything you touch *for free*? Bioshock 1 had a reason. Fontaine probably left them and the whole city had gone to shits.

dennett316

Jun 30, 2010
In before someone sarcastically exclaims "Yahtzee likes a game? How can this be??" as if they're the first to do such a thing.

Dec 14, 2009
I've been up a lot of arses in my time, so if you're gonna be stuck up an arse, Bioshock Infinite is the best possible arse to be stuck in.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I'm kinda surprised he liked it since we are starting to get people who are ragging on it for all the perfect reviews it got when it came out.

bladeofdarkness

Aug 6, 2009
he touched on the one real point that bothered me about the game,
namely, that the Vigors aren't as well connected to the narretive as the plasmids were in Bioshock.
all the same though, I'm surprised how positive the review was.

Shannon Spencer Fox

Sep 10, 2008
ShermTank7272 said:
"Don't you mean second sequel, Yahtzee?"
"GET OUT."

Fucking hilarious
That was by far my favorite part of the review... because, honestly, Bioshock 2 can burn in the darkest pits of the Underworld. Or, more accurately, I liked it when it was called 'Bioshock'.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Okay Levine, next shock game I wanna play as Errol Flynn, and don't give me that bull about appealing to a wider audience, I WANNA BE THE FLYNN!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Bioshock Infinite is my favourite game of this generation. Hands down, no competition. And considering how little time is left of this generation, apparently, it's going to take a real whopper of a game to snatch that title from Infinite.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I agree, for being in an arse, Infinite's arse was a fine one to be in.

Arse Of The Year so far

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Yes, Olivia Coleman! I knew she reminded me of someone in that picture, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until now. Thank you, Yahtzee.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am glad I didn't place a bet on this. I was expecting an extreme level of nitpicking. Instead what I got was a lot of pictures of arses. I guess that's better?

TopazFusion said:
I think I also missed the significance of the 4 gay blokes.

Well, time for a replay...
It is great when you go back and see the significance of things, for example the first conversation in the boat takes on a whole new light when you have finished the game.

Madmonk12345

Jun 14, 2012
He isn't kidding about the shitty final level syndrome. I spent 3 hours playing the same 15 - 20 minutes until I knew every single scripted event that happened like clockwork, because that was just about the only way to finish it.

It almost soured my opinion of the entire game, just because of the lack of reward beyond the ending, with no more levels to complete. Going back to earlier in the game with hopes to understand the ending helped my feelings on it though.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I read the ending as "Yahtzee walks away, demoralized, because he actually liked this game. He conjures up a giant lemon/rift and pulls out some booze to drink away his sorrows. Oh, look out! Butt Lemon/Rift!"