Zero Punctuation: Braid

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
HalfShadow post=6.69741.669955 said:
Puzzle games are for people who suck at everything else.
Not really. They're actually for the people who have brains and enjoy using them.

Bombader

Nov 21, 2007
The turn off for me with that game from just the trail would be all the art that game has, it was being too artsy for me to play it, and doesn't satisfy my short attention span for the long term.

Funny it's not really an "Indie" game when they had the income of a high budget hit, I didn't know that.

I need to pick up Killer 7 at some point...

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
One of his best, even though it was not one of his funniest. Many great points came up in this review.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Good review of a game I didn't know existed :D

Some rethorical ninja outta review the heavy and/or pyro update for team fortress 2. Everybody seems to love that piece of shit even though it completely ruins the game while everyone and his mom gets the new guns. I do enjoy shooting them in the head though. The sound of a sniper headshot is just so delicious. It sounds like power if you had to express the feeling without saying the word ... like fingers snapping in contempt.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
DukeNewcomb post=9.69741.669881 said:
A lot better than recent videos. This one felt like he had a lot more to say about the game whereas in recent ones the content felt a little forced.
My sentiments exactly.

Also you're avatar is awesome and, by definition, you must be too.
I F&%#ING LOVE THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
HalfShadow post=6.69741.670006 said:
SeaCalMaster post=6.69741.669997 said:
HalfShadow post=6.69741.669955 said:
Puzzle games are for people who suck at everything else.
Not really. They're actually for the people who have brains and enjoy using them.
That's what strategy games are for. Puzzle games are nothing more than a pity-fuck by comparison.
You're a complete douchebag. Go hide under your bridge you little troll.

Malmer

Apr 23, 2008
Had to check out this Braid-thing on youtube, and my first thought was 'awesome music!'. Some violin shit mixed with the electric guitar, hell yeah!

Then I realize that the ZP after-video is running, rocking away. Stopping ZP the fiddle continues alone, trying to bore me to sleep. Aww, that was almost awesome =(

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Great video as usual.

I do not own a next-generation console, a single Halo game, and the last first person shooter I played that's more recent than Painkiller or Bloodlines is Team Fortress 2.

But you can still blame me for stuff. I play WoW.

Drbog

Jun 11, 2008
I want and probobly will get this game but I hate the hoops you have to run through to GET MICROSOFT POINTS! why can't they just use money?

Lupie

May 14, 2008
Much, much funnier than last week, for reasons I can't quite explain. Perhaps because Yahtzee felt stronger about this than he did about SC. Perhaps indeed.

And now I have the mental image of Rule 34 on the Prince and Yahtzee and IT WILL NOT GO AWAY.

cgride555

Aug 15, 2008
We pay the having a shitty president tax. Sure the games are cheaper, but the rest of the world thinks very little of us as our economy sinks lower and lower into recession. Perhaps I shouldn't speak of politics here, but America has a handful of problems to compensate for lower taxes on video games.

mrnelsby

Aug 6, 2008
Wow! That one was brilliant!

Strange, I'm playing Beyond Good and Evil as well as Gears of War right now and had pretty much the reaction he did... BGAE is just awesome while GOW is just generic poop.

sad_nerd

Jan 24, 2008
"Art is only as good as the culture that surrounds it."

-Ben "Yahtzee" Crawshaw

While you are almost completely right - in that people will watch or play any old piece of crap with the depth of a puddle - you have to remember what you said. Only people like you and I want subtly, symbolism, metaphor and realistic, interesting characters. Everyone else is more than happy with what they have.

People get pissed off with me when I complain about the "arty" side of a film. Like the film "Wanted" had no characters and no plot, but did anyone care? No; it had cool gun fights - 78% on rotten tomatoes and it's the worst film I've ever seen.

My point: you're not going to change people with this and frankly even I think you're getting your knickers a bit twisted over nothing. Well maybe not nothing - art is important - but it's not going to change anyone to loving art instead of tits.

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
Not that Mr. Yahtzee gives a shit what I think, but that was a great episode, thank you.

Also loved the bit about how great games have been slashed away becuase of the graphics requirements that we the public "need" so badly.

Great Graphics Great Game

FanBuoy

Aug 27, 2008
Hah I love the knock at American beaches.

Also did... did he just make a Mary Poppins reference?

EvilRedEye

May 28, 2008
Not only am I called Adrian but Yahtzee said "and here's a recurring scenario" right before the video paused to buffer for the umpteenth time so I got my head messed about with twice in one video.