Zero Punctuation: Braid

Rayath

Jul 23, 2008
I feel sorry for all the Adrien's out there.

Overall nice review but i don't think I'll be playing a game with random key breaking except if it has a secondary sledgehammer option.

YYZed

Jun 25, 2008
That was one of your best yet.

btw if your talking about the 4th lvl two doors (in reference to the dick move thing) its trying to show that door only upon while traveling right because traveling right make time go forward while traveling left uses the key but doesn't upon the door because your traveling backwards in time.

___

ounce again awesome review i felt the same on the story, as if it was trying to be artsy so it said a bunch of things that didnt make that much sense but made people interpret the end on there own, which is some what...lazy.

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
Bombader post=6.69741.670010 said:
Funny it's not really an "Indie" game when they had the income of a high budget hit, I didn't know that.
It is not the budget that defigns an "indie game", it is the creative controll given to its makers. Games that are defined by their buget are "buget games". They tend to be crappy since creative controll is in the hands of a marketing department who doesn't care what happens after the point of sale. So long as an acceptable percentage of players don't return the software, and nobody looses their buisness license for false advertizing, the disigners of "buget games" could care less how the game plays. I'm looking at you "eXtream" sieries.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=6.69741.670933 said:
I think the justification of bad gameplay in rationalsing meaning got old in Sons of Liberty.
No seriously, the way Yahtzee says it implies that you have to make a random choice between two doors, one right, one wrong. The real reason it's annoying is because unlike every other part in the game, rewinding won't help you adn you have to restart. The actual solution is just as logical and puzzle based as any other part of the game.

Riley_Tahn

Aug 27, 2008
HalfShadow post=6.69741.669955 said:
Puzzle games are for people who suck at everything else.
Actually, I find puzzle games more fun than FPSs, MMOs, and most of the other game genres out there. Mostly because I have to use my BRAIN to succeed at them. Perhaps you're just a little sore you weren't very good at tetris when you were a little boy :(

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
Hello all. I'm a first time poster but long time viewer signing up solely for ZP Forum! (suck it) Briefly; I'm Danny, Male, 24 yrs, Yorkshire, England (PC/Nintendo/Sega lover)

I enjoyed this edition a lot more than the previous few. I agree that it seems Yahtzee's fire died down a little, but he returned in great form this week. Back to his usual tricks, as it were.

I personally think that everyone complaining at his rant at the start should just fuck right off. At the end of the day, this is a little something known as SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION. Just because it's not your own, doesn't mean you have to cry about it.

I'm a big fan of the Final Fantasy series (and a Wii owner :p) and a lot of these reviews should send me home crying (if I apply the typical mentality from the negative posters) but I watch and enjoy them because it's the well informed, intelligent and humorous opinion of a gamer who likes games because he likes them and who isn't afraid to point out if something's shit and tell you WHY it's shit. NOT your typical gamer that 'likes' games because every other prick and their dog does and they don't want to feel left out.

If the review consisted of some smug gimp in a shirt and tie telling you why you should fork out your hard earned cash for some piece of crap that you practically just bought 2 weeks ago with a different protagonist and 3 different guns by simply saying "10 out of 10", it'd be pretty pointless and I wouldn't watch it........because it would be like EVERY review written/filmed today whether that's games, films, music or anything.

Nothing is actually reviewed anymore. Instead, everything is WHORED to the high heavens, except on here. And the fact that a reviewer is willing to express their personal views on a culture gone wrong WITHIN their weekly slot in a constructive manner just puts a smile on my face and pitches a tent in my pants each and every week.

Sorry that I've gone on a little, but I felt that it had to be said. I got pissed off aaaaages ago when some people complained that one edition had "too much political stuff" in it. I think it was re: Resident Evil 5.

Chalk another up for the annoying folks that only register on here for the ZP forum and keep up the good work.

Take it easy all,

Danny

SeaCalMaster

Jun 2, 2008
anti_strunt post=6.69741.671105 said:
Miniges post=6.69741.669896 said:
Well it's nice to hear he has a girlfriend...
Not for long he won't, by the sound of it...
Hmm. I thought he was speaking of a metaphorical girlfriend, since he usually avoids making much reference to the details of his personal life. Plus, he's not quite hot enough to pick up chicks with his cynicism.

Pandatot

Aug 27, 2008
Lol, Yahtzee; Too stupid to figure out one of the puzzles, and then complains about a key and door puzzle as if it's an arbitrary and random solution.

Protip Yahtzee - If you move to the left on the stage where time moves backwards, if you open a door, it won't change the future because you're going back in time.

Next time you attempt to criticize a game, at least be sure it's a failure of the game and not of your brain. Rethink your brain density statement.

Kason8002

May 15, 2008
This was awesome. You finally brought up the fact that it is people who buy games that determine what gets put on the market. I couldn't agree more.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
jedikv post=6.69741.670575 said:
I am just wary of gamers trying to emluate his style only to end up with a generation of gamers acting like complete dicks with a 1 dimensional attitude towards entertainment mediums.
I'm afraid this has been going on for years. Take out "gamers" and put in "moviegoers" and we're talking decades. Put in "art aficionadoes" instead? Centuries. 'Tis part of the human condition to be pinky-up-the-nostril retarded about what composes "art".

Also, sadly, I know no one named Adrian to show this video to. Perhaps I should consult the phone book and make a new friend!

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Great Review! If my name was Adrian I would have been quite shocked, although I still laughed my head off :)

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
ReverseEngineered post=6.69741.669864 said:
Not a bad review, though I was somewhat disappointed that he tried to garner so much negativity when he admitted that he actually liked the game. If he liked it so much, why focus on the nitpicking?

Ripping a bad game is hilarious, but bitching about nitpicks is just annoying. Just like the Portal review, it's okay to say, "Finally, a game that did something right."
But "Finally, a game that did something right" isn't funny. At least, I'm not laughing.

3vol

Mar 30, 2007
Once again Yahtzee exposes his retardation in regards to the level where the key will only open one door. I had to think about it for 30 seconds to realize that time flows backwards when you walk to the left which is why you can't open a door from the right then just walk through it.

Every episode has some equally glaring misobservation, and the guy should really play the games for more than 5 minutes before he writes his bits about them.