Zero Punctuation: Brink

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Fronzel said:
Snowalker said:
Holy cow, an actual REVIEW not a critique...
Yahtzee has said several times that he considers himself a critic rather than a reviewer, so this actually functions as an insult, I think.

But I don't see why you say this one is a review and different from his other videos.
Cause he didn't shred it to pieces, he gave a few.. very minor.. god aspects and told what he disliked about it. Usually he just shreds games... and I know he sees himself as a critic, just thought this one was a bit unusual

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Silas13013 said:
I did and...

Nope, still one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of buying.

For once, I agree with everything Yahtzee said in his review. I knew Brink would suck, I knew it, but I bought it anyway and I'm out $30 bucks (thank you newegg preferred members discounts for hacking the price in half). Oh well, I guess I'll go back to Tf2(take a shot)
By peoples I did not, shockingly, mean the first person to read that post... I was generally addressing the game reviewing community, since they hold so much power over who buys what... and I was also being facetious...

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
That was a brilliant drinking game. I counted 5 shots, but they were in such a rapid succession, it would be quite a party. So, we'll get to see L.A. Noire next week? BTW, I couldn't get into the comments for the last 5 minutes, it seems that ZP traffic is slowing down the whole site quite badly.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I was scared off this one by reviews. A single player that doesn't really have a story? I'll pass.
EDIT: Multiplayer maps with bots is not how you do single player.
it is how Unreal Tournament does Single Player.

Yeah. Yeah your right. It is a stupid Idea.

I'm going to go play Team Fortress 2 *Takes a shot*

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
you know normally i dont totally agree with everything yatzee says, but this time? yeah pretty much spot on. the very first analogy in my head was: TF2 with an abysmal attempt at a story that sucked. i tried to keep play but L.A. Noire called like a... like a.... better game.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
bdcjacko said:
Didn't Monday Night Combat already do the Team Fortress 2 rip off, and do it better?
no yust, no. Brink really isnt that much like TF2 the only thing people say are simillair is the classes but there alot more like battlefield.
MNC classes was alot more like TF2 but the gameplay was more like tower defence/third person shooter.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Solo-Wing said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
TF2 (take a shot) implemented an "offline with bots" mode. They called it "Offline Practice." Which is what it is.

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
Thespian said:
Silas13013 said:
I did and...

Nope, still one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of buying.

For once, I agree with everything Yahtzee said in his review. I knew Brink would suck, I knew it, but I bought it anyway and I'm out $30 bucks (thank you newegg preferred members discounts for hacking the price in half). Oh well, I guess I'll go back to Tf2(take a shot)
By peoples I did not, shockingly, mean the first person to read that post... I was generally addressing the game reviewing community, since they hold so much power over who buys what... and I was also being facetious...
Don't worry, I wasn't singling you out specifically, it was just a segway into my opinion on the game. I apologize if it seemed if I was calling you out in any way.

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Both the jelly bean-covered wedding cake and the constant "take a shot" interrupting all the ZP characters had me snorting my lunch out my nose. Shame about the game, as it's probably one of the biggest let downs of 2011, but at least I got a hilarious ZP out of it.

PS:.....TF2 (take a shot)

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
Yeah, I watched the 'wtf is brink' video, and couldn't figure out how the parkour system really felt like parkour. It literally just looked like a jump that involved a ledge grab. To m that's not parkour - that's everything we all did back in the days of the N64 when maps weren't just random landscapes filled with space marines or US marines shooting at tyranids or terrorists.

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
Etek said:
Hello dumbass reviewer. Yes, we have figured out by now you suck on Valve's dick, balls and tits for a living. 'Someone who played TF2 allot', you moron, you don't even play multiplayer games, remember?

And Brink doesn't copy TF2 you stupid fuck, it's an enemy territory game you idiot, look it up. What a looser.
Loser*

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
The Great JT said:
Solo-Wing said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
TF2 (take a shot) implemented an "offline with bots" mode. They called it "Offline Practice." Which is what it is.
Yeah but is is an entire campaign of offline matches with bots with a story loosely tied to it? No? Well that is how Unreal Tournament does it. And it is retarded.

Team Fortress 2 *Shot* offline gameplay is just to screw around in pretty much. Pretty simple. No real objectives or story, hell you can just sit in the corner as the Soldier blowing yourself up just for the hell of it and the bots won't say anything about it.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Urh said:
Odd that Yahtzee would criticise Brink for forcing people to unlock content and kindly ignore that TF2 (take a drink) did the same thing with the early class packs, (i.e. tying item unlocks to achievements, which was then supplemented with the utterly horrid random drop/crafting/microtransaction system they have now). Kudos to him for reiterating that the TF2 (take a drink) hats completely ruined the game's aesthetic (which, if you listen to the in-game commentary, Valve spent a *lot* of time obsessing over during development).
If you read back in his Extra Punctuation stuff, that dynamic was why he doesn't play TF2 anymore.

OT: I dunno about brink, either. I bought it, played it for about eighteen minutes, shook my head and closed it and can't summon the energy to try again.

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Etek said:
Hello dumbass reviewer. Yes, we have figured out by now you suck on Valve's dick, balls and tits for a living. 'Someone who played TF2 allot', you moron, you don't even play multiplayer games, remember?

And Brink doesn't copy TF2 you stupid fuck, it's an enemy territory game you idiot, look it up. What a looser.
He's so loose that guy...