Zero Punctuation: Cave Story - Heart and Art

stewiethe1st

Mar 11, 2012
Zefar said:
Transdude1996 said:
Zefar said:
Fractral said:
I remember loving Cave Story until the section where it randomly takes away all your weapon levels and makes you complete a bullshit precision platforming section filled with bullshit enemies.
After spending several hours dying repeatedly I decided that I was obviously not good enough for the game and quit. I haven't played it since and I don't really want to.
Do you mean the secret ending part? If so it was meant to be hard. But you could still level up your weapons so not sure where you got that from.
He's talking about the area right after the last boss battle in the desert zone.
The one where you kill Toroko. After doing that, you get thrown into a prison type place (Which is the one Fractral is talking about). Once you get out, then you fight all those cockroaches.
Looked it up on Youtube and I don't get the problem. It's just standard gameplay in the game. The enemies ain't unreasonable at all.

He's talking about the cave bit after the plantation. It's like one of those super hard Mario ROM hack platform challenge.
eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LbPv6nMzs.
It is such bullshit.