Zero Punctuation: Crackdown 2

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
Since when do expansions=sequels?? And what happened to the XBox 360? Granted, I never liked it much, but it used to have the strongest catalogue of games and the most exclusive titles, but now most XBox exclusive games, when they come out, are few and far between and they suck... What happened?

Oh well. Great review Yahtzee. The cell-noise freaked me out a little bit-- I thought my headphones we going nuts.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Ah yes, that incalculably obnoxious noise that my theater's sound system makes when some dickhead in the audience couldn't be bothered to turn off their fucking cell phone.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
SexMeat said:
I've been looking forward to this because I loved the first so I'll probably defy the mighty Yahtzee and get it anyway.
Don't. The game is terribad and the appeal of blowing stuff up lies around ten to twenty minutes. Rent it, but don't buy it. Just stick with Prototype

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
So basically Crackdown's single player main problem is that is a downgrade from Crackdown instead of an upgrade since resources were stuffed into making a multiplayer mode. I assume that is next weeks Extra Punctuation is going to be about?

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
At least he's one of the only reviewers to finally nail it. This game fucking sucks, and Crackdown 1 wasn't the greatest game to begin with.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Not as good as usual. Yhatzees reviews lack they unique charm they had. Now every review is just same rant. Its still funny but it blends together with some last 15 reviews.

petrolmonkey

May 6, 2009
Humble85 said:
BlackAura said:
petrolmonkey said:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?
I got it too.
Me too, what was that?

OT: Crackdown 2 was ok, but I'd have to replay 1 for comparison.
The realisation we have np friends and no one loves us :'(

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Good review. Had no real interest in the game beforehand, have even less after seeing this.

I don't think the Unreal/Quake 3 era was that bad. I can still load those games up and easily lose hours of time playing and fragging away, even with just the bots, who I'd rather play with as opposed to real people anyway. I do agree that nowadays most developers don't seem to implement multiplayer-focused gameplay very well, such as in Lost Planet 2, Borderlands, etc. Still, other games like Gears of War 2 Horde, Left 4 Dead, and Team Fortress 2 focus on MP play but can do it amazingly well.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Woodsey said:
petrolmonkey said:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?
I got it too. The sad, lonely feeling I mean.

[small]And the interference.[/small]
And me!

It's a shame to hear Crackdown 2 doesn't live upto Crackdown 1. Whilst CD1 wasn't the best game ever, it was quite a lot of fun (if memory serves me correctly), and it's disappointing they didn't fix the flaws and expand on it.

QuiB25

Jul 7, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
QuiB25 said:
Do the first two people that respond to something get put on probation automatically or what? I'm really trying to figure out why they were.

Anyway great vid. I might have to check out the first crackdown.
Because the episode is five minutes long, therefore anyone posting before 17:05 has blatantly just not watched the vid and is trying to get the first post for bizarre reasons of their own I have yet to understand.

OT: I really enjoyed the first game, but it sounds like Crackdown 2 is just an expansion to Crackdown rather than a proper sequel. Well, I guess that means I'll be renting it at best then. C'mon devs, try harder next time!
I just don't get how thats a rule. If they are not saying something like "IMA FIRSTT!!" and saying something actually on topic i don't see the harm. Whatev its nbd

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Note to ZP Fans Everywhere

Something will happen when we reach 100,000 ZP Facebook fans and are currently at 99,836. :) Just thought I would let you know.

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
3:14 "Crackdown one was a great game"
Really? It was good and could be fun at times, but Yahtzee is usually more cautious about throwing the term "great game" around. I mean, it wasn't terrible or anything but it sure as hell wasn't original and, like Yahtzee admitted, had some control annoyances.

also at 1:48 it shows the Pacific and the City, but I'm pretty sure that map is of the Gulf of Mexico or something.

DoanDavid

Flat lurker
Oct 28, 2009
Funny. Oddly enough I still haven't played CD1 even though I've had the game in my shelf for about half a year.

Man, did anyone else check their phones after the static sound? I did.

wickes666

Jun 26, 2010
though its true its the same city in name, they messed around with enough stuff that you only recognize small bits, which when now filled with mutants and other dangerous things adds a bit of nostalgia, which i thought it was pretty good. its still a good game i think, they remove a lot of nice stuff from the last one, which is kind of a bad direction for a sequel, but at the end of the day, doing a demolition durby through zombies with three of your buddies is a lot of fun. also, they set the end up perfectly for the input of actual story in a dlc or sequel. i mean hell, the game is so different from the first CD (excluding the super powered cops)(and police brutality that goes with it) it could almost be a different game.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sadly, this is bang-on. I wouldn't mind the crackdown rehash, if not for the fact that they didn't even fix the controls. Lock-On is still terrible and regular aim is also terrible. Orbs are often in the same places, even, so it's less hunting for them and more deja-vu.

Though the game is still mad fun, with limited "story" told only through audo logs, the brief ending, etc., they should have done more to make it something.