Zero Punctuation: Dante's Inferno

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Dante's Inferno

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Dante's Inferno.

Be sure to join the Zero Punctuation Facebook Fan Page [http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zero-Punctuation/7546255825].

Watch Video

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Yes, christianity does have some problems with temptation.
When i first saw Dante, i thought it was a cool section of torn off skin. Sadly i found out it was a glorified blanket.

Great: Quick time events. Ugh

Yes, i might get this for 5 quid in a few years in a bargain bin, but for now, sod it.

I do wonder how the holy and unholy thing works. Are they equal benefits? If so, what's the point.
Nah, not at all interested in this game.

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
Ha, just watched it.

Like my right hand on a sunday night - IT BEATS THE FUCK OUT OF ME made me laugh hard. Really good this week.

Ambition

Feb 6, 2008
"Shitford Upon Avon" - I think I passed through that on my way to Edinburgh on vacation this summer.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Loved it. :D
I actually went out and bought an XBox to play this game. Okay, I admit it was more to be able to play FFXIII next week, and it was cheaper than the PS3. Regardless, I've been waxing dreamily about killing unbaptised babies ever since I purchased the game.

Sure, it's a knockoff of GoW et al, but you know, GoW was a rip-off of games I played 20 years ago. (Doom anyone? Okay, how about Diablo?) It was still kinda fun and it satisfied my "GOD, I hated Catholic school" twitches for a few hours.

One can only hope that kids don't look at this game and think that it is on par with The Divine Comedy. 700 years later, that poem lives up to it's epicness and I'd hate to thik kids were (once again) misguided by mainstream media.

Anyway, great review. :D
"And then I met Virgil and we became friends" made me laugh for, well...minutes, but it was hysterical during those shiny, maniacal moments.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Another good review, I love yahtzee's daily routine clock, looks suspiciously like my own

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
now I'm all curious about this hairy bum business o_O

but yeah I'll wait for God of War III

thanks ^_^

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
Good review, even thou i'm not getting this game i hope it does well for the sake of how much they pissed away on adverts and or stunts

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Freaking awesome... one of the best lines ever written:

"its like my right hand on a saturday night... it beats the fuck out of me"

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
I was hoping you'd mention the package EA sent you, and I wasn't disappointed. Happy to see you rip this game apart.

LornMind

Dec 27, 2008
"You call this searing?" Hah. Nice.
"Baby's first vagina adventure" Okay, that brings in way too many odd images.
"It beats the fuck out of me" Quite possibly the best joke I've heard from him in a while.

Nice job Yahtzee.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Unfortunately, not having a PS3 means that if i want hacky-slashy fun with a big muscly dude, Dante's Inferno is my only choice.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Two Queen references in as many weeks! Ah, back when the days Yahtzee used kickass classic rock for his intros & outros...

Anyway, nicely done, right down to the gay jokes and masturbation references. Classic ZP.

Ambition

Feb 6, 2008
twaddle said:
you guys haven't even watched the full video and ur already posting. i'm gonna go wathc it now. watch the video first ppl next time
Somebody needs to wikipedia 'Irony'