Zero Punctuation: Darkness 2

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
XIII. Now that take's me back.

ewhac said:
CardinalPiggles said:
meetsamsmith said:
I created an account just to say I'm done with your site now.

Unskippable 30 second advert to watch a 4min vid?

Awesome idea guys.
Why don't you pay for premium membership then, ad free for a year.
...Unless you watch LRR's Loading Time. Then you're stuck watching the fscking obnoxious irrelevant unskippable blip.tv pre-roll [em]and[/em] post-roll ads.
You know, you don't have to watch post roll ads, and honestly if you can't stand getting free enjoyment by just waiting through a 30 second ad that's pretty damn sad.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
connall said:
ewhac said:
...Unless you watch LRR's Loading Time. Then you're stuck watching the fscking obnoxious irrelevant unskippable blip.tv pre-roll [em]and[/em] post-roll ads.
You know, you don't have to watch post roll ads, and honestly if you can't stand getting free enjoyment by just waiting through a 30 second ad that's pretty damn sad.
...Except it's not free. [em]I'm paying for it.[/em] Hell, one of The Escapist's prime selling points for buying a subscription is -- and I quote [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/] -- "Publisher's Club members never have to deal with advertisements, including those within the videos." Yet, here I'm seeing ads.

And yeah, I don't have to watch the whole post-roll, all I have to do when the Uninvited Visitor starts blaring through my computer is to lunge at the CTRL-W keys to close the window, then utter the blackest of oaths at Adobe for insisting Flash grab and ignore all keyboard input, then click outside the video object, and punch CTRL-W again.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Even though I caught Yahtzee later in his online career, The Darkness was the first review of his I saw. Nice to have a bit of a revisiting.

Wow, is this the first time Yahtzee has mentioned Ratchet and Clank? *gasp* I think it is. Wait a minute, if that was 2007 then he used the wrong picture. ACIT came out in 2009.

Davidm4

Aug 4, 2011
"What do you want on your pizza?"

I don't want any cheese on my pizza, I just want the bread.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Does anyone know what thay comic is at 4:38 ?
I have seen it before but cant put my finger on it

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Huh. I'm kind of surprised actually, I just read a review of The Darkness II yesterday, so I'm surprised that Yahtzee didn't bother mentioning what that review cited as the game's biggest flaw- that Jackie spends the entire game moping over his dead girlfriend Jenny like some emo twit to the point that it makes him impossible to take seriously.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
I was hoping yathzee would review this game. Although there's not much to be gained from the review I mean the game just doesn't sound that interesting. But then again I was never into the grim and gritty dark era comic books the darkness seems to be born from.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Woo! Zero Punctuation Anniversary addition! It's come a long way! =D

Also, I was considering getting an x360, now..not so much .

Moeez

May 28, 2009
Arcane Azmadi said:
Huh. I'm kind of surprised actually, I just read a review of The Darkness II yesterday, so I'm surprised that Yahtzee didn't bother mentioning what that review cited as the game's biggest flaw- that Jackie spends the entire game moping over his dead girlfriend Jenny like some emo twit to the point that it makes him impossible to take seriously.
When someone very close to you dies, you tend to remember them a lot inadvertently. You might even get hallucinations. It's called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Terrara

Jul 1, 2011
Wow, it's like I ate a whole bowl of mild cheddar covered in that creamy mild sauce.
Are you OK Yahtzee?

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
I just finished the raid in WoW and I stumble upon what it would seem another Zero Punctuation movie which gives me the chuckles I needed to make my day.

I really enjoyed the game myself,really different compared to it's predecessor,but I like the new cell shaded look.Gives the game a way better vibe of the comic rather than the first one.

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
Ah, Yahtzee and nostalgia. Makes one smile to see someone improve from being buggered by big Steve to taking the lead and now buggering big Steve. Yahtzee has come a long way.

QtheMuse

May 23, 2010
I never played the darkness 1 since it is not on the PC. When I played the darkness 2 though I really enjoyed it. It is short but its still fun and its better to be short and sweet than long and drawn out. So yes if you are interested in a good story. And by good story i mean yes you might of seen it done before if you are old enough or have enough experience, however its still enjoyable to play through it and the love interest is not a complete tool.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Daniel Poncelet said:
Dear Esther needs to be done next.
I don't think he would like it! I imagine it would be torn apart due to the fact that in the Context, Challenge, Gratification model that Yahtzee came up with himself, and that he beleives a great game will fill those parts equally, Dear Esther fails on the Challenge front... due to the fact you pretty much cannot lose the game... or do anything but progress!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
tony2077 said:
there may be a problem the humor is gone for me.
I felt the same after watching this, todays just wasn't that funny for me, one of Yahtzee's weaker episodes sadly. There seem to be a lot more reviews nowadays which are balanced compared to his older episodes where a game was either praised or torn a new one with no in-between.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
A lot of people really hated this game, and I see a lot of negative player reviews, but for some reason, I really liked this one (and I consider myself to have high standards). Call me crazy? (sweet, apparently Yatzhee didn't give it a super thumbs down either)