Zero Punctuation: Darkness 2

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
antipunt said:
A lot of people really hated this game, and I see a lot of negative player reviews, but for some reason, I really liked this one (and I consider myself to have high standards). Call me crazy? (sweet, apparently Yatzhee didn't give it a super thumbs down either)
I agree, although I did play on medium (Being one of those people who likes to play the game and not just get insta-killed the first time he gets shot) and did find it abit easy. Not very, just abit easy. But more fun was had trying to come up with creative methods of murdering dudes and not using the fecking guns because what loser uses guns when you've got DEATHSNAKES!

Of course, Darkness 2 was my 'Game I wouldn't buy at full price' that I just happen to get on my birthday, but in reality I'd have paid 20 (Instead of 30) for it because it was overly short (4 hours) but had great writing and characters.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
FarleShadow said:
antipunt said:
A lot of people really hated this game, and I see a lot of negative player reviews, but for some reason, I really liked this one (and I consider myself to have high standards). Call me crazy? (sweet, apparently Yatzhee didn't give it a super thumbs down either)
I agree, although I did play on medium (Being one of those people who likes to play the game and not just get insta-killed the first time he gets shot) and did find it abit easy. Not very, just abit easy. But more fun was had trying to come up with creative methods of murdering dudes and not using the fecking guns because what loser uses guns when you've got DEATHSNAKES!

Of course, Darkness 2 was my 'Game I wouldn't buy at full price' that I just happen to get on my birthday, but in reality I'd have paid 20 (Instead of 30) for it because it was overly short (4 hours) but had great writing and characters.
That's true. Yeah, to be fair, I forgot how dam -short- it was. It's definitely not worth $60 I suppose...

but I loved the writing and characters. It really hit home for me, and few games can do that. Also I played the game on the 2nd to last hardest difficulty. Was scratching my eyeballs out at how much I was dying. Gamer masochism

CaptainOctopus

Oct 5, 2011
SnakeoilSage said:
I'd play a game where you get to be Doctor Octopus.
Oh I love that show! Remember that episode when that guy in tights came bouncing in and started shooting white stuff at the doctors face and then Octopus said something like "-I'm going to get you with my tentacles!" and then the girl in the costume said "-Oh no! Not your big fat cock! It wont fit inside my oven" but then Martha Stewart came along and said "-Don't worry dear I'm sure there is another way to roast this rooster". Hmm kinda weird show don't ya think? :S.... Reminds me of that time I spend all night drunk in front of the TV flipping between cartoon network, cooking channel and adult swim. Anyway what was we talking about again... oh yeah Darkness 2, kinda cool game I guess, shitty fov though :/.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
.No. said:
Marmooset said:
Is it just my imagination, or does Project X look like it's gonna be godawful?
What does that have to do with anything?
That's what I saw for 30 seconds prior to the feature. That's what is has to do with anything.
Don't get me wrong - I understand and don't mind advertising on the site. It helps pay the bills. But since I saw it at this link, I thought I'd save a new thread to point out a what a steamy pile of shi- er, lowest common denominator marketing it was. If I was a youth who frequented this site, I'd be kinda insulted and/or discouraged that the marketing was targeted here.

That answer your question?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
connall said:
ewhac said:
CardinalPiggles said:
meetsamsmith said:
I created an account just to say I'm done with your site now.

Unskippable 30 second advert to watch a 4min vid?

Awesome idea guys.
Why don't you pay for premium membership then, ad free for a year.
...Unless you watch LRR's Loading Time. Then you're stuck watching the fscking obnoxious irrelevant unskippable blip.tv pre-roll [em]and[/em] post-roll ads.
You know, you don't have to watch post roll ads, and honestly if you can't stand getting free enjoyment by just waiting through a 30 second ad that's pretty damn sad.
The key words in your post are "free enjoyment". But last time I checked, Pub Club is not free. Thus, it's no longer free enjoyment, and having ads when the service YOU PAID FOR promises zero ads is completely unacceptable.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
meetsamsmith said:

Awesome idea guys.
And nothing of value was lost.

OT: Huh. This seemed like a resounding "eh" to me. That's too bad, I actually enjoyed the first one.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
gaaahhh

if only they didnt think 6 hours was acceptable...because it isnt

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
Mr. Croshaw, I understand that you live in the Gold Coast, around Surfers Paradise. However, did you by any chance take a trip to Melbourne City on the 23rd of Febuary? While on the train, I saw a man at Flinders Street station, very smartly dressed in a black suit, with a white shirt and black tie. He had the same hat you are usually seen wearing, same physical appearence, same facial hair, and he was talking into a microphone with a headset on him. If it wasn't you, then bloody hell, it must have been your twin or something.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
CaptainOctopus said:
Oh I love that show! Remember that episode when that guy in tights came bouncing in and started shooting white stuff at the doctors face and then Octopus said something like "-I'm going to get you with my tentacles!" and then the girl in the costume said "-Oh no! Not your big fat cock! It wont fit inside my oven" but then Martha Stewart came along and said "-Don't worry dear I'm sure there is another way to roast this rooster". Hmm kinda weird show don't ya think? :S.... Reminds me of that time I spend all night drunk in front of the TV flipping between cartoon network, cooking channel and adult swim. Anyway what was we talking about again... oh yeah Darkness 2, kinda cool game I guess, shitty fov though :/.
I've been listening to politics all week and this is the most coherent thing I've heard in days.

I want to worship you.

CaptainOctopus

Oct 5, 2011
SnakeoilSage said:
CaptainOctopus said:
I've been listening to politics all week and this is the most coherent thing I've heard in days.

I want to worship you.
Politics ay? I find it helpful to imagine looking at those things from an alien perspective, because then you can just say to yourself "-Wow I'm glad I don't live on that planet!". Problem solved ;).

Anyhow I'm very pleased that you decided to join our cult! Meetings are on Tuesday and the entry fee is 10000$ cash but we also accept cake as payment. Bring lots of lube, a goat and a copy of Atlas Shrugged. We will provide all necessary mining equipment so you don't have to worry about that. Also don't forget the secret codeword is "hello", without it we don't know if we grab the right person. HAIL LUNOS!

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
meetsamsmith said:

Awesome idea guys.
a pub club membership is $20 a year. Then you have no more ads and high quality videos. Just buy it if it bothers you so much.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
mjc0961 said:
connall said:
ewhac said:
CardinalPiggles said:
meetsamsmith said:
Why don't you pay for premium membership then, ad free for a year.
...Unless you watch LRR's Loading Time. Then you're stuck watching the fscking obnoxious irrelevant unskippable blip.tv pre-roll [em]and[/em] post-roll ads.
-snip
The key words in your post are "free enjoyment". But last time I checked, Pub Club is not free. Thus, it's no longer free enjoyment, and having ads when the service YOU PAID FOR promises zero ads is completely unacceptable.
ewhac said:
connall said:
ewhac said:
-snip-
...Except it's not free. [em]I'm paying for it.[/em] Hell, one of The Escapist's prime selling points for buying a subscription is -- and I quote [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/] -- "Publisher's Club members never have to deal with advertisements, including those within the videos." Yet, here I'm seeing ads.

And yeah, I don't have to watch the whole post-roll, all I have to do when the Uninvited Visitor starts blaring through my computer is to lunge at the CTRL-W keys to close the window, then utter the blackest of oaths at Adobe for insisting Flash grab and ignore all keyboard input, then click outside the video object, and punch CTRL-W again.
Alright you guys make a fair point. On the other hand LRR could of just posted on their site and I guarantee they wouldn't get half the traffic they get now, also to be honest this could be The Escapist not hosting the videos because they don't think it will popular enough to make them good amounts of money, and we are talking about one series. Out of all the videos here, it's one series, I would get up in arms if it starts becoming common place. However for me it just feels like, LRR or whoever want to make a little bit more money for themselves without the Escapist taking a cut of their money. I don't know because in the end none of us know the reason for the Blip tv hosting, but I do feel that some comments (Not yours) have been uncalled for and downright rude, it is still only 30 seconds on one series, it's also not a chore to close a video as one of you might suggest. >.>

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
For the record, the single player isn't exactly short, but it isn't a long game either. The campaign runs for an average length at best but the 4-player co-op is just so unnecessary, it would have been better just to commit all time and resources to the single player.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Oh man you guys, I just got a 15 second ad and now my life is ruined forever. I'm going to kill myself by jumping of a bridge now. /stupid

I was kinda tempted to buy the game when I saw it in the store, but decided against it. I've seen some gameplay footage of both single and co-op modes and it honestly didn't look like it was fun, but that's just me.