Zero Punctuation: Darksiders 2

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Hurray for wednesday. I might get Darksiders 2. I'll have to actually play the first one though, at the moment its gathering dust

OverHaze

Known as El Roedor
May 5, 2010
Darksiders has more in common with 80s Heavy Metal album covers than it does with Warhammer.

Besides there is much more to 40k than just rage. There is love for The Emperor, devotion to The Emperor, humility before The Emperor, fear of The Emperor, see lots of emotions.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Some great quotes in this one.
My favorite: "It's not just padded, it's fractally padded". Although the one about "semen" at the end was pretty damn funny too.

Haderos

Dec 4, 2009
Still think death should be less on the muscly side and more on the i touch you you're dead side.. but that would be like turning on godmode i guess..
eh not my kind of game, looks like grinding in an mmorpg.. just offline and alone

TheFederation

Mar 29, 2011
i'm disappointed to hear about the other two horsemen, i would really look forward to playing a game as famine or pestulence, it would be interesting at least.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
But Yahtee... gathering three of something is a matter of video game tradition! Darksiders II only took it it its rational conclusion.

Also, I now say we should create a new term coming out of this video: fractal padding.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I must say I really enjoyed Darksiders 2.
I thought the story was good, the set pieces and cut-scenes were nice in no small part due to some really nice art.
The combat was decent too and I liked the added aspect of being able to craft weapons / loot game.

DS2 kept me hooked. Started it and played it right through till the end, which rarely happens nowadays.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
okay yahtzee how the hell do you hold the controller? and how many fingers do you have? you always complain about holding shoulder buttons and trigger buttons at the same time. that hasn't been a problem since The N64. I thought we all got this down during the PS1/PS2 era, thumbs do all the top of controller work, index for top shoulder, middle finger for bottom shoulder/trigger, ring and pinky for stability. you've complained about this in a few videos now and it's starting to bug me.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
wow *false shocked surprise* Yahtzee didn't like Darksiders, again, totaly didn't see that coming.

now if you excuse me i have relics and pages from the book of the dead to find

SpcyhknBC

Aug 24, 2009
Did anyone else notice that in the panel under the video, it says Sleeping Dogs and not Darksiders II?

Fractally padded is my new favorite descriptor

charliesbass

Feb 22, 2012
I went in to Blockbuster with intentions to rent Darksiders 2 and came out with Fall Of Cybertron, because Blockbuster didn't bloody have any copies of Darksiders 2 to rent OR to buy a week after the games launch. So either way, I would of walked out with a boring game, good to know.

Roslolian

May 11, 2012
The Biblical Horsemen-

The Conqueror
War
Economic Turmoil (kind of. It's about scarcity of resources and price gouging)
Death

So...famine and pestilence were never horsemen.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Ow, your desc. of the plot makes my head hurt. So just how many factions are involved here?
I'm betting it's really one all along. That's why it comes off as contrived. The end game will result in them all going "haha, just kidding!" after you've mowed down millions of peopel across six sequels and 40 spinoffs.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I started laughing at loud when Yahtzee started talking about Bureaucracy because they made a comic book of Death Jr. (I personally found the comics even better than the games, honestly) where Death tells the story of when he was in a band and Bureaucracy was the 5th Horseman who left before the band hit big so must people didn't even know there was a 5th Horseman

Really funny comic.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
OverHaze said:
Darksiders has more in common with 80s Heavy Metal album covers than it does with Warhammer.

Besides there is much more to 40k than just rage. There is love for The Emperor, devotion to The Emperor, humility before The Emperor, fear of The Emperor, see lots of emotions.
Not to mention the Chaos gods who are themselves made FROM various squalid pools of congealed emotion (Anger/Hate, Hope/Change, Despair/Depression, Joy/Pleasure) Il let you figure out where each one goes.

Also Tau arnt really as warlike as the other races. More just aggressively expansionist.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Hmm, I have a friend who thought this game was rather good. Then again, he really, REALLY, like Warhammer 40,000, so perhaps this is a game for those who like that. Or was he recommending Darksiders 1...?

Anyway, I have to agree with Yahtzee on Warhammer 40,000 and similar series. There doesn't seem to be so much as an ounce of positive emotion in them, and if there is, the perpetrator will be severly punished for it. Sounds rather silly, if you ask me...

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
TheFederation said:
i'm disappointed to hear about the other two horsemen, i would really look forward to playing a game as famine or pestulence, it would be interesting at least.
I think the time delay on those guys' kills wouldn't have satisfied the average twitch-happy gamer:

FAMINE: I've burned your crops and salted the earth and a few months from now when your grain stores run out, you'll slowly die of starvation! Bwa-ha-ha!

Roslolian said:
The Biblical Horsemen-

The Conqueror
War
Economic Turmoil (kind of. It's about scarcity of resources and price gouging)
Death

So...famine and pestilence were never horsemen.
Although Pestilence is the name of Death's horse in Revelations. Famine is sort of assumed under Resource Scarcity.