Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

Vladamir69

Dec 18, 2008
angelblack said:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(

Oh well, entertaining nevertheless.
He said he will never review starcraft 2 so dont get your hopes up. Otherwise great review i felt the same way about limbo when i played it. i felt like they could add like half an hour more and it would be perfect.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
For all of you who participated in the ZP t-shirt giveaway event, we are hoping to start contacting potential winners today.

Falcondynamite

Apr 22, 2010
But i liked war for cybertron... OK yeah maybe the levels were a little bland, but everybody plays it for the intuitive sex scene (just kidding, mainly because that would be incredibly horrifying and so which why rule 34 exist. Does the world and the sick fantasy's of people scare you enough as it is?)

Limbo is actually more funny then it seems honestly, I cant recall how many times i died in it, and how funny the deaths were.

Death spank does not interest me what so ever... what i really want to try is Monday night combat which pulls up my love of team fortress 2! At least I hope so.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Deathspank and Limbo sounds like a good game name to me...

Oh well. Nice video, though I'm not surprised Limbo came up more favorably as it's more Yahtzee's style (though I'm sure he's tired of oppressively gray level designs).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I got a mention in a Yahtzee video!

Ish...
It shows how well known you are that it was you I first though of when I saw that up there.

OT: I disagree with the criticisms of Limbo apart from it being very short. Although the same could be said for Portal and very few people bitched about that. Although I am probably biased in that I thought Limbo was absolutely brilliant.

I also don't get how Gears of War can be criticised in the way it was considering if anything, it started the trend of dark, gritty shooters.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
i thought Yahtzee was pefectly reasonable when he explained he was unqualified to evaluate rts games, however, i do feel the attitude inherent in his closing message was both a strong constrast to his reason in extra puntuation and that it was needlessly hurtful.

If he isn't gonna review it then it isn't in his circle of expertise, so why does he keep dredging the subject up in a childish manner?

Chaosninja89

Jun 25, 2010
Hmm, maybe I will get Limbo, seems like it isn't worth it though, but it's a fun game...kinda expensive though, but then it is new and interesting but-but-bu*head explodes*

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Nice review. Definately reminded me of the older ZP's.

I wish Limbo would come to PS3.

On the bright side, this means that the aisle is cleared for a review of Split/Second: Velocity! Right?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Definitely agree with the bit about the ending of Limbo.

The forest section was good, but once you get into the factory-ish environment, the atmosphere just drains away.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Was it me it did he seem even fast than usual? And quite a bit louder. That aside yet another great video.

Also Limbo is excellent and that spider bit is really nerve-racking.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I played parts of both demos and they did seem quite intriguing. Limbo definitely had potential, but I don't want to make the same mistake I made with Braid (Pay too much for a game I never ended up beating.) And lord knows when the game will come down in price, seeing as it just came out. Deathspank was interesting, but I never got to combat because I just didn't have enough time to play the game.

The last "eat a dick" line was classic.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Chaosninja89 said:
Hmm, maybe I will get Limbo, seems like it isn't worth it though, but it's a fun game...kinda expensive though, but then it is new and interesting but-but-bu*head explodes*
If you have enough cash that it's short length wouldn't seem a waste, I definitely recommend it.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Good Lord, I hope he gets off the Starcraft II thing fairly quickly. Just leave it alone.

And I desperately want Limbo, but I don't have an Xbox. WAAAAH.

Mar 30, 2010
He's right about how Deathspank's constant need for scoffing large amounts of scran to keep his health up gets annoying after a while. Since I've spent a good portion of my time playing Deathspank doing this exact activity you'd think they would have used a less irritating sound effect. As for Limbo, I can't really comment about the ending as it would seem that glowing brain slugs are determined to stop me from getting there.

Falcondynamite

Apr 22, 2010
jewmaniac said:
angelblack said:
Awww, no starcraft 2 :(

Oh well, entertaining nevertheless.
He said he will never review starcraft 2 so dont get your hopes up. Otherwise great review i felt the same way about limbo when i played it. i felt like they could add like half an hour more and it would be perfect.
He wrote why he wouldn't do it mainly because his opinion on a type of genre he doesnt like wouldn't be very useful.

mikekearn

Erudite Loquaciousness
Aug 27, 2008
Eat a dick, you say? Well, don't wait up, chaps, I have some unpleasant business to deal with.