Zero Punctuation: DeathSpank & Limbo

AeroBlade

Jul 15, 2010
I thought Deathspank was okay, the humor really did help the game through. Still haven't bought Limbo yet, though.

angelblack

Jul 3, 2008
RadiusXd said:
If he isn't gonna review it then it isn't in his circle of expertese, so why does he keep dredging the subject up in a childish manner?
It's not about expertise; SC2 is easy enough that anyone without RTS experience can play and enjoy the (awesome) campaign. It's not until you hit multiplayer that you start hitting brick walls if you're inexperienced.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
agreed.
If it isn't in his juristiction then that's perfectly fine, just don't be so snide about it yahtzee!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
yourbeliefs said:
...but I don't want to make the same mistake I made with Braid (Pay too much for a game I never ended up beating.)
AUGH. Sit down today and just beat it. It won't take you too long. The mindscrewing last level is totally worth it.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I couldn't even finish the Deathspank demo... That thing's voice is awful.

As for Limbo, I fully intend to pick it up once MS decides to make it deal of the week.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
"Why not try eating a dick?"

I haven't laughed that hard at a video in awhile. Nice one.

They're both well worth playing I'd say. But yeah, Deathspank is really carried by it's humor and Limbo is really carried by it's depressive arty feel. And personally I think both games get along quite well without anything else that really sets them appart. Ok I guess Limbo has some decent puzzles, but Braid and Portal: Still Alive are both available on XLA for the same price and they're a lot longer and the puzzles are generally more interesting and challenging.

It should be noted that while Deathspank doesn't have especially brilliant gameplay it is easily the longest and most expansive single player experience you can find in the independent games market, at least by my reckoning.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
If Yahtzee enjoys Limbo, then everyone will. Except PS3 fanboys who instead of hoping it will come to PSN (I hope it does so more people can play it) just ridicule it for being on the Xbox. Then they play the well designed but not as good as the game it takes from LBP level.

I haven't finished Limbo yet, but I only play it alone in the dark with the stereo way up.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
angelblack said:
RadiusXd said:
If he isn't gonna review it then it isn't in his circle of expertese, so why does he keep dredging the subject up in a childish manner?
It's not about expertise; SC2 is easy enough that anyone without RTS experience can play and enjoy the (awesome) campaign. It's not until you hit multiplayer that you start hitting brick walls if you're inexperienced.
thats not my point, he said he wasn't going to review it because he felt his opinion carries little weight on the subject (thats new I know), i understand that, i just don't think the cheek is nessesary on something he said himself he is inexperienced with, and with which he has no intentions of becoming aquainted with for that matter.

Megidolaon

Jul 15, 2009
This week clearly demonstrates yahtzee needs to play something other than FPS games.
Obviously it seems to him all games are the same if he barely ever touches other genres.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Sinclose said:
For some reason, I think this episode felt more like some of the older ZP vids. And for me that's a good thing.
Yup yup, ZP took on a simpsons like syndrome, where the earlier reviews were so much better. They are picking up again though :D

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
JacobyPAX said:
I feel that the starcraft quip at the end was unnecessary, and if Yahtzee wants to rip into a game he should at least have the decency to do a full review on it.
But War for Cybertron is so average that there isn't enough content for a full review.